BREAKING: Dion Jordan signs! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Dion Jordan signs!

And the dominos begin to fall, Lane Johnson signs a four year deal that includes offsets.

Offsets for top draft picks will be a feature over the next few years.

According to Albert Breer, Tannehill at 8 last year was the highest draft pick ever to get offset language. Now Dion Jordan is the highest at #3. The Dolphins are trend-setters and other teams are starting follow suit.

Palm Beach Post said that Jordan was cleared to practice, but PFT is saying tonight that he is 1-2 weeks away from contact.

The NFL is about to feel the wrath of...............................THE PRAYING MANTIS

RPFTSBCZZFMRHRA20120913170319-1.jpg

imagesqtbnANd9GcRvwh5zlvlwcZI2K5CRaszsQ5-1.jpg
that is hilarious, but i like the nickname

According to Albert Breer, Tannehill at 8 last year was the highest draft pick ever to get offset language. Now Dion Jordan is the highest at #3. The Dolphins are trend-setters and other teams are starting follow suit.

Mingo now signed - offsets included. Jordan signing this deal will be a landmark move for years to come

As for Jordan, im thankful he didnt let our front offices short sighted "principled stand" get in the way of joining the team. He either 1) bought into the coaching staff, 2) bought into the locker room, 3) just frigging loves football. Or perhaps all 3. In any case, i approve. The guy is a great addition to this franchise.

I'd hardly call our front office's negotiations a short sighted principled stand.

A few years ago Ireland and Aponte were leading the way with the inclusion of offset language. Now all of the other GMs in the NFL are insisting on that contract language with their rookies. There are over a dozen 1st round picks this year with offset language. I think there may be as many as 18 but haven't been able to confirm a few of them. Setting that kind of precedent in your field is hardly short sighted.

Back
Top Bottom