Brees KNOWS he made a mistake! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees KNOWS he made a mistake!

spiral

Starter
Reaction score
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.

I'm proud of the way our front office handled this QB process. Even if Brees was our first choice all along, we still sent a message to all of the other FA's (and their agents) out there that you will NOT dictate what gets done, we will be fair, but we will not overpay. Kudos with chocolate chips to Mueller and Saban on this!

So Brees, and every other Free Agent to come calling in the future be careful what you a$k for...

I hope he has loads of fun getting paid. Because that's about all he'll get in NO. Their current coach is nothing but a band-aid.

BALLS DEEP said:
I hope he has loads of fun getting paid. Because that's about all he'll get in NO. Their current coach is nothing but a band-aid.

This speaks more to the fact that Brees needed to collect as much money as possible at signing....he probably knows that his playing days are numbered.

Well, if the NO FO is mad PUBLICLY at Saban for making them overpay, Brees can't feel like they really wanted as bad as the payday seems. He said NO wanted him more and paid more because of it. Then, NO is slamming Saban for making them overpay? Then the NO is basically a one year deal, not long term guaranteed like he wanted. Suddenly Brees can't feel like he's in a great place long term that broke the bank because they greatly wanted him.

Yea, everything does happen for a reason, we picked up Dante instead!

yea i think NO is trying to get free agents but its kind of hard when u dont know were ur gonna be playing in the next couple years(san antonio or LA) maybe and then i mean they housing areas are probably still all messed up and im sorry for that its horrible but people dont wanna move into that i think maybe he went to were he could get the most money because he realizes his shoulder is bad and might not be playing to many years

feel better now? Why are you spending so much time bashing Brees if he is a washed up, no armed, only-in-it-for-the-money type of player? Shouldn't you be spending more time being happy about getting Culpepper instead of bashing a loser player who signed with a loser team? Had Brees come down on his price, he'd be a Dolphin, and then you would be stuck with the same washed up, no armed quarterback. It's a good thing Mueller and Saban weren't "really" interested in bringing in someone with such horrible characteristics.

bigmiamifan said:
Well, if the NO FO is mad PUBLICLY at Saban for making them overpay, Brees can't feel like they really wanted as bad as the payday seems. He said NO wanted him more and paid more because of it. Then, NO is slamming Saban for making them overpay? Then the NO is basically a one year deal, not long term guaranteed like he wanted. Suddenly Brees can't feel like he's in a great place long term that broke the bank because they greatly wanted him.

Yea, everything does happen for a reason, we picked up Dante instead!

Publicly mad at Saban? NO is slamming Saban for making them overpay? Is that fact or speculation, since the offer Brees signed was made before he went to Miami? NO has to overpay right now since Katrina. Sorry, but Saban didn't force the Saints to overpay, Katrina and a lousy owner forced the Saints to overpay.

how can choosing the team willing to give him twelve miliion MORE dollars over the next two years be a mistake. There is not one of you that would throw away that much money. If Drew comes back up to speed, N.O. paid a fair price. We just got lucky and got Daunte on the cheap.

Brees failed his physical, and that's why we didn't sign him.

MetrySaint said:
Publicly mad at Saban? NO is slamming Saban for making them overpay? Is that fact or speculation, since the offer Brees signed was made before he went to Miami? NO has to overpay right now since Katrina. Sorry, but Saban didn't force the Saints to overpay, Katrina and a lousy owner forced the Saints to overpay.

There was an article about it...but I do believe there was a bit of speculation. Anyways, I kind of agree with your previous statement about bashing Brees. It really needs to stop. I can't blame him for wanting to get paid and I'd bet most of the guys on this board would not be taking a couple million dollars so lightly if it were their millions. I hope he recovers well and plays well for the Saints because he's been a stand up guy through out all the crap he's had to deal with in San Diego and FA.

I don't know if Brees made a mistake, he was offered a boat load of money and he gladly accepted it. I think what surprised Brees is that Miami went out signed Culpepper relatively quickly after having a meeting with him. That caught him and all of us off guard.......he really had no place else to go.

I guess money talks more than wins.........

clear.gif
What's on his cheek? A "L" for loser!:dolphins:

spiral said:
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.

I'm proud of the way our front office handled this QB process. Even if Brees was our first choice all along, we still sent a message to all of the other FA's (and their agents) out there that you will NOT dictate what gets done, we will be fair, but we will not overpay. Kudos with chocolate chips to Mueller and Saban on this!

So Brees, and every other Free Agent to come calling in the future be careful what you a$k for...

Who cares !! Life goes on...we are spending way too much time on what has transpired. Brees...who is he ?

We should all be satisfied with our feelings that our coaching staff made the right decision...that is it.

Over and done with this Brees crap...

Back
Top Bottom