Brees KNOWS he made a mistake! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees KNOWS he made a mistake!

MetrySaint said:
Born and raised in Metairie, wife and I moved to the Northshore last year. Parents house in Metairie had foot and a half of water, so they are living in a FEMA trailer right now. Things are definitley not what they used to be, even in Met. but compared to certain parts of N.O. proper, Met. made out good. Northshore had plenty of trees down but not a lot of water. One misconception that is made is that the Saints spend all their time in the city, when in fact they only spend 10 days a year in the actual city, which of course is game day. (and unless you live in N.O. most people wouldn't know or really even care about that) Their training facility is in Metairie, which (the Saints' headquarters) fared very well in the storm, in fact it was one of the few high spots in the area. They had minimal damage to their headquarters. FEMA had taken over the Saints' facility and was using it as a compound for emergency operations after the storm. By all reports, after FEMA left, the Saints facility was in just as good shape, if not better, than before the storm. Anyway, maybe too much info, but I appreciate the comments.

na, not too much. I live in Jensen Beach and thank God we didn't get hit by a major hurricane but I have been in the eye of three hurricanes in 13 months, so I can appreciate. I told everyone who would listen they should make a pilgramage to the affected areas, that it really does change your perception when as far as you can see in all directions there is destruction. Glad you fared well.

Brees went from a team with LT that was a regular playoff team, to an organization that doesn't know whether it will keep it's team in town or even have a stadium. He left the beautiful San Diego area to go to a city that is still devestated. He went from maybe being with the Phins to being with the AINTS......I hope the money makes you feel good Drew....you blew it..but I think the Phins got the QB they wanted.

spiral said:
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.

I'm proud of the way our front office handled this QB process. Even if Brees was our first choice all along, we still sent a message to all of the other FA's (and their agents) out there that you will NOT dictate what gets done, we will be fair, but we will not overpay. Kudos with chocolate chips to Mueller and Saban on this!

So Brees, and every other Free Agent to come calling in the future be careful what you a$k for...

Unless he shares the same fate as Chad Pennington, and secured himself and his family 10 mil. for nothing, then yes, he made a mistake.

cnc66 said:
how can choosing the team willing to give him twelve miliion MORE dollars over the next two years be a mistake. There is not one of you that would throw away that much money. If Drew comes back up to speed, N.O. paid a fair price. We just got lucky and got Daunte on the cheap.

It is not about anyone of us throwing away that much money, none of us would "throw it away", it is about reducing it slightly to play for a winner and build your career and legacy.....I think a lot of us may have taken 7 million instead of 10 million to be in the right situation....either way you get a boatload of money.

WindyCityDolfan said:
I .....I think a lot of us may have taken 7 million instead of 10 million to be in the right situation....either way you get a boatload of money.

You sure about that? Maybe you would, but the majority of the population wouldn't take 3 million dollars less. That's alot of money......

I think the intent of this thread was not to bash Brees but instead to somewhat praise Saban and Mueller. They wanted Brees but at the PRICE they felt was FAIR. And I think it should send a message to other furture FA the Dolphins will not overpay.

Also it is not unheard of to take less money to go or stay at one job as oppose to going to another. I even think there are people on this board who could tell you stories of turning down a few extra thousands a year to work at a place where they were happier and in an organization that was going places. And that is comparable to these athletes, how much more enjoyable can I get between 8million and 10 million(and with the state tax in LA vs none in FLA how much extra is that 2 million?) Heck Lavar gave the Redskins back 2 million to LEAVE. Hey the rumor had "Agent" Culpepper wanting 10 million to stay in Minn but comes here and restructures his deal,that has got to say something.

In the end no disrespect to NO or to Brees but Dante seems to be alot happier (for now anyway) here in Miami.

Since Brees is still a topic of discussion... I'd say the Cowboys shoulda ponied up and gotten a Brees, or even a Ramsey or McCown, rather than blowing their cash on T.O. I think Brees would've done well in Parcells' offense. (with MeShawn) The Drew Deadslow to Terrell Owens honeymoon will be very short-lived.

Oh well. Sucks to be everybody, except US. :D

Why do some of you people have to keep piling on Brees? If you were truly satisfied with Daunte over Drew you'd just let it go. Instead you have to keep finding ways to justify what happened. No justification is necessary. Out of all parties involved only Minnesota loses from what went down.

spiral said:
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.
I agree. Compare DB's PC with DC interview w/ Kramer. Now that was happy

Back
Top Bottom