Brees KNOWS he made a mistake! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees KNOWS he made a mistake!

spiral said:
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.

I'm proud of the way our front office handled this QB process. Even if Brees was our first choice all along, we still sent a message to all of the other FA's (and their agents) out there that you will NOT dictate what gets done, we will be fair, but we will not overpay. Kudos with chocolate chips to Mueller and Saban on this!

So Brees, and every other Free Agent to come calling in the future be careful what you a$k for...

Oh well, he who hesitates is lost.........**** or git off'n tha pot !!!! :D :D

b_hjelmeland123 said:
Brees failed his physical, and that's why we didn't sign him.

Besides the usual ESPN "rumors" is there any solid proof, besides speculation that he "failed his physical?" ---or is it just a haunch?

Also, I think Chuck Norris told Drew to fail his physical so he could go to NO. Chuck is so smart that he makes everyone else look inferior. Chuck also created the "football" while shooting "Walk, Texas Ranger!!"
:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

I wouldn't say it was a mistake...

...he and his agent made a play based on his priorities - money over success. He won, whether he came here or went to NO. As far as his playing career goes - you know a superbowl is difficult to achieve even if you are Dan Marino - so it's all about the business angle. I think I'd have made the same choice, if I weren't an avid FIns fans in which case I'd pay to play!

L.T.21 said:
Besides the usual ESPN "rumors" is there any solid proof, besides speculation that he "failed his physical?" ---or is it just a haunch?

He failed the Dolphins physical.. I'm almost certain that there was an official press release indicating as such.

Se7eN said:
yea i think NO is trying to get free agents but its kind of hard when u dont know were ur gonna be playing in the next couple years(san antonio or LA)

We know exactly where the Saints are playing....The Superdome on sept 24th.

Ya know, the way I look at things is...........it's over. He has gone to N.O. so more power to him. We have our man and we are going to more forward. Let's not dwell on this guy anymore. We have a bright future ahead. :up:

DoLpHiNz34 said:
There was an article about it...but I do believe there was a bit of speculation. Anyways, I kind of agree with your previous statement about bashing Brees. It really needs to stop. I can't blame him for wanting to get paid and I'd bet most of the guys on this board would not be taking a couple million dollars so lightly if it were their millions. I hope he recovers well and plays well for the Saints because he's been a stand up guy through out all the crap he's had to deal with in San Diego and FA.

As a long suffering Saints fan, I hope he recovers too. I think Culpepper is going to flourish big time in Miami once he knee heals, and it's good to see Miami with a real QB for the first time since Dan the Man retired. I think both teams will be very happy things worked out the way they did by the end of the season.

Im not hatin' on the man, but me being someone who will never make his kind of money, I sorta hope he stinks it up. I mean, it is very obvious, go where you will get rings, or get paid. He was close in S.D., but he has taken alot of steps backward.

Also, he says he wants to go to a place to raise his family...N.O.?? I only know it as a party place and a disaster area. Aint hatin' on N.O. either, but there must be better places to raise a family.

FiN.in.RI said:
He failed the Dolphins physical.. I'm almost certain that there was an official press release indicating as such.

Not sure of the validity of this, but I think I remember something that Sabn had lost interest after seeing his medical report. Whetehr or not he had an actual physical or not, I don't really know.

zach attach said:
Im not hatin' on the man, but me being someone who will never make his kind of money, I sorta hope he stinks it up. I mean, it is very obvious, go where you will get rings, or get paid. He was close in S.D., but he has taken alot of steps backward.

Also, he says he wants to go to a place to raise his family...N.O.?? I only know it as a party place and a disaster area. Aint hatin' on N.O. either, but there must be better places to raise a family.

There are places in the N.O. area that great places to raise a family. Obviously, Brees isn't going to move to a condo on Bourbon Street or to an area like the lower 9th ward which was a war zone before Katrina, much less a wasteland since. And his kids won't be students in the N.O. public school system. But there are several suburbs that suffered minor damage that were and still are flourishing around the N.O. area that are no different than any other city in the country. N.O. isn't nearly the size of Miami, but there is more to the Greater New Orleans Area than Bourbon Street and housing projects.

MetrySaint said:
There are places in the N.O. area that great places to raise a family. Obviously, Brees isn't going to move to a condo on Bourbon Street or to an area like the lower 9th ward which was a war zone before Katrina, much less a wasteland since. And his kids won't be students in the N.O. public school system. But there are several suburbs that suffered minor damage that were and still are flourishing around the N.O. area that are no different than any other city in the country. N.O. isn't nearly the size of Miami, but there is more to the Greater New Orleans Area than Bourbon Street and housing projects.

do you live there Metry ? If so I feel for ya bro, Katrina left you a mess.

DeDolfan said:
Not sure of the validity of this, but I think I remember something that Sabn had lost interest after seeing his medical report. Whetehr or not he had an actual physical or not, I don't really know.

yeah man, it was something to that effect.. not quite sure the specifics myself

Moleface should have taken our earlier offer. "Everything happens for a reason" is right in our case too, because his insistance for more money prompted us to delve deeper and we got the healthier QB.

Back
Top Bottom