Brees KNOWS he made a mistake! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees KNOWS he made a mistake!

spiral said:
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.

I'm proud of the way our front office handled this QB process. Even if Brees was our first choice all along, we still sent a message to all of the other FA's (and their agents) out there that you will NOT dictate what gets done, we will be fair, but we will not overpay. Kudos with chocolate chips to Mueller and Saban on this!

So Brees, and every other Free Agent to come calling in the future be careful what you a$k for...

I don't think brees had much of a choice when all was said and done we made the choice for him. But at least he took the saints for 10 mil, suckers!!

MetrySaint said:
As a long suffering Saints fan, I hope he recovers too. I think Culpepper is going to flourish big time in Miami once he knee heals, and it's good to see Miami with a real QB for the first time since Dan the Man retired. I think both teams will be very happy things worked out the way they did by the end of the season.
Thanks MetrySaint, I hope Drew plays well for the Saints and can help your team turn the corner. San Diego was a worse team in terms of win/loss ratio (or at least appeared to be) when he got there and he was part of helping improve them greatly (although I'm sure you wouldn't say no to a package deal including L.T., Antonio Gates and some of the San Diego front seven, so Brees can't take all the credit).

Here's hoping a new QB and coaching staff can get things on track for New Orleans. It's about time you got to enjoy watching your favourite team go deep into the playoffs (and that's not me being cheeky by the way).

MetrySaint said:
Publicly mad at Saban? NO is slamming Saban for making them overpay? Is that fact or speculation, since the offer Brees signed was made before he went to Miami? NO has to overpay right now since Katrina. Sorry, but Saban didn't force the Saints to overpay, Katrina and a lousy owner forced the Saints to overpay.

its not speculation my friend. it's been stated a couple times that the NO front office is angry at the situation. and that saban boosted up the price and they paid more then they had to

spiral said:
I don't know if you all watched NFL network's interview on him last week but it struck me kind of odd, the way Brees was forcing himself to sound happy during the interview. He kept repeating the "Everything happens for a reason" mantra which to me was his way of sidestepping his obvious disappointment. Even when he was introduced at N.O.'s press conference, he wasn't as happy as I'd expect someone to be.

I'm proud of the way our front office handled this QB process. Even if Brees was our first choice all along, we still sent a message to all of the other FA's (and their agents) out there that you will NOT dictate what gets done, we will be fair, but we will not overpay. Kudos with chocolate chips to Mueller and Saban on this!

So Brees, and every other Free Agent to come calling in the future be careful what you a$k for...

I think it's time to move on from the Brees thing...it's over, he's with another team...hating on him or supposing his true feelings have nothing to do with nothing...besides, how will we feel it DC is still sidelined in October ??? That's a real possibility....

cnc66 said:
how can choosing the team willing to give him twelve miliion MORE dollars over the next two years be a mistake. There is not one of you that would throw away that much money. If Drew comes back up to speed, N.O. paid a fair price. We just got lucky and got Daunte on the cheap.

Also Daunte wanted to play for us and the fans in Florida....HUGE plus...

I'm glad Drew went were the money was, He got what he wanted...We got what we needed...a QB that wants to be here..a win win for everyone.:cooldude:

spiral said:

His agent was too smart, by half!:sidelol:

spiral said:

If we had got Brees i would have been happy but only if we 1.Got him healthy and 2.At a cheaper price.
Brees is a decent QB who deserves to go to better team IMO. I hope for the Saints he does do well and they get some results. I dont feel bad about not getting Brees because weve got a great replacement in Culpepper and its great to have a native Florida guy who WANTS to be here.
Brees just has to suck it in now and concentrate on getting the Saints some wins which he ceratinly can do. Rivers is no better than Brees IMO.

spiral said:

I was watching Nfl network week in review and I got the same impression...Looked to me like he got what he wanted just not in the place he wanted it o be in.....He was saying the politically correct things to the media and the Saints...but I believe behind closed doors he & his wife wanted to be in Miami...Can you blame him??????....Like the old Wendy's commercial (Miami Style)...Where's the beech.:evil:

MetrySaint said:
As a long suffering Saints fan, I hope he recovers too. I think Culpepper is going to flourish big time in Miami once he knee heals, and it's good to see Miami with a real QB for the first time since Dan the Man retired. I think both teams will be very happy things worked out the way they did by the end of the season.

You're a class act dude. Good luck to your team this year. I hope Brees works out. I 've changed my thoughts about Culpepper since I've seen him the last couple of weeks. He honestly looks like hes happy to come home. I think it can only motivate him to play at a high level.:dolphins:

What is with the Brees hate? Real classy. Shows great for fin fans!
Face it. Nobody here would turn down 10M extra dollars just to play for the Dolphins if they have no allegance to them.
Admit it. I wanted Brees. Everyone wanted Brees. We were all obsessed with him. He was the greatest QB ever. He went to NO and now he sucks.
We got a better QB. Forget about it.

I think its about time people around here let the Brees thing go. IMO I prefer Culpepper, as he is a better fit in our offense, his injury is less of a question mark for a QB, and hes from Florida.

But even if you loved Brees, theres no point in bashing the guy. It just makes you sound hypocritical and ignorant. And there is certainly no reason to bash New Orleans or the Saints. We've been through enough Hurricanes to know better. I just got back from New Orleans, and things are looking pretty bleak even now.

Who is bashing The Saint's Or NO ?????:confused: No one is saying Brees sucks now.....It just seamed he wasn't so pumped up for the press conf that was shown on the NFL network...He didn't act real happy like Dante did...These are the cards we were delt with, not a bad hand..

cnc66 said:
do you live there Metry ? If so I feel for ya bro, Katrina left you a mess.

Born and raised in Metairie, wife and I moved to the Northshore last year. Parents house in Metairie had foot and a half of water, so they are living in a FEMA trailer right now. Things are definitley not what they used to be, even in Met. but compared to certain parts of N.O. proper, Met. made out good. Northshore had plenty of trees down but not a lot of water. One misconception that is made is that the Saints spend all their time in the city, when in fact they only spend 10 days a year in the actual city, which of course is game day. (and unless you live in N.O. most people wouldn't know or really even care about that) Their training facility is in Metairie, which (the Saints' headquarters) fared very well in the storm, in fact it was one of the few high spots in the area. They had minimal damage to their headquarters. FEMA had taken over the Saints' facility and was using it as a compound for emergency operations after the storm. By all reports, after FEMA left, the Saints facility was in just as good shape, if not better, than before the storm. Anyway, maybe too much info, but I appreciate the comments.

fin1 said:
You're a class act dude. Good luck to your team this year. I hope Brees works out. I 've changed my thoughts about Culpepper since I've seen him the last couple of weeks. He honestly looks like hes happy to come home. I think it can only motivate him to play at a high level.:dolphins:

Thanks, as are you and most here at finheaven.com. After watching how Saban has worked with lesser QB's at LSU (in relation to skill level) there is no doubt someone with the talent of Culpepper can really elevate the Dolphins to the next level. Heck, if Saban can get the Dolphins to 9-7 with the QB's he had last season, the sky is the limit once Culpepper gets comfortable with the system. I just hope his knee heals up correctly, because one of Culpepper's biggest attributes is his mobility, particularly once he starts getting that big body moving downfield.

Specialk0832 said:
its not speculation my friend. it's been stated a couple times that the NO front office is angry at the situation. and that saban boosted up the price and they paid more then they had to

I'll believe it's not speculation when I see a quote from someone that states that the Saints upped the ante after Brees left Miami to go back to Birmingham. Until then, it's speculation, and ultimately irrelevant because no matter what the Saints paid, they got the guy they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom