Brian Hartline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline

dolphintodd

Club Member
Reaction score
I know this is beaten to death but I can't see why anyone would want him back. 1,000 yards and 1 TD? What? Can't break a tackle, can't catch a short pass and threaten anyone, and IMO is god aweful on the deep pass. I have seen the argument about Tannehill vs. Hartline in the blame game for not connecting on the deep pass. I forget who we played the first time this came up, I was in the camp that he didn't make any adjustment to the ball and picked it up late. BUT after the watching the buffalo game I am convinced that he sucks at the deep ball. In the last buffalo game just passed Ryan had some serious air under that ball and Hartline had absolutely no idea where the ball was until it was too late, it was terrible. Yes that play sucked but what I thought was worse was there was a deep out to the sideline, hartline catches it and falls down but wasn't touched he gets up takes a couple steps up the sideline and then proceeeds to dive out of bounds?????? Please some refute this, why couldn't he just keep running up the sideline, it didn't look like he was forced and simply dove out of bounds for no reason. Almost as bad as the week before when he was wide open for a TD but got tackled by a finger nail. If you want a starting receiver to have a career year and score once... well then hey lets kick field goals all day long...

Lol great thread

I cant see why anyone would ever want a thousand yard reciever on the roster lol

What free agent out there RIGHT NOW is better then him? He has been solid for us all year.

I hope we get a top free agent WR and use a top draft pick on one as well, but Hartline makes a decent #3 WR and I hope that we resign him for a few more years.

Well Tannehill threw only 12 - TD's all season and I believe 3 of those came last week? Hartline could have had one last Sunday if Ryan Tannehill had thrown it to Hartline's right shoulder (instead of outside to his back side left shoulder) and maybe 2 others in other games that I recall, where Hartline stubbed his toe, he was so wide open, he fell and got tripped up leaping over defenders arm.

-ucfpf12

Brother Hartline was playing through a bad back.

Funny how Hartline playing through a bad back is supposed to be some "plus", but Long playing through injuries is some "negative". ???

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

One main reason why Hartline should "not" be re-signed: we need his spot to bring in one of two UPGRADES.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

What free agent out there RIGHT NOW is better then him? He has been solid for us all year.

Wallace and Jennings, for starters.

My main reason is that he and Tannehill obviously have great chemistry. Don't take away the one WR that has produced yards for us this season. Just add some other weapons around him and he should open up for more TDs.

You really thought this one through, thanks for the Einstein post. We need better Receivers beyond belief, so lets let the one guy on our roster who is decent walk. Yup, you figured it out

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

This guy almost died in the offseason, misses all of training camp, then comes back to have the season of his career as a #1 wide receiver with a rookie quarterback and no other WR or TE threats. And you're upset because he didn't have enough touchdowns?? Can we get a reality check on this website? At least Hartline catches the damn ball. I remember a much higher paid #1 WR that we had last year that dropped half the passes that came his way.

I like 1,000 yards, but I love Touchdowns even more...

And tell me brain box, did it occur to you if Hartline didn't have those 1000 yards then many of the important touchdowns scored by the likes of Bush and Fasano would never have happened?

Brian Hartline isnt really an end zone threat, that isnt how he is ideally used... that doesn't make him a bad receiver, to get into the end zone you need to get down the field first.

It's obvious Hartline is better suited as a #2 WR. We really do need a WR that can stretch the field like Wallace on the other side to take attention away from Hartline.

It's obvious Hartline is better suited as a #2 WR. We really do need a WR that can stretch the field like Wallace on the other side to take attention away from Hartline.

No, it's obvious that Hartline is best suited as a #3 or #4 WR.

If we don't bring in a couple of very talented WR's, it's going to be another long year in 2013. One won't get it done.

Back
Top Bottom