Brian Hartline | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline

The dude had 1000 yards as a number 2 with no number 1. No doubt if we had a threat #1WR Hartline would become even that much more valuable.

did you not watch the years with marshall here? or do those dont count? Hartline isnt good enough.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

People didn't even want Welker here anymore either. People complained about the SAME thing with Welker as they did with Hartline. Lack of big play ability and unable to score TDs. 1 TD in 2 years, then he goes to New England and lights it up. 8 TDs first year in New England. All of a sudden he can score TDs? It was the system, o-line, and the QB.. Hartline can be a legit WR in this league. We were 7-8 with him as a 1 and Bess at the 2. I think its smarter to keep Hartline and get rid of Bess and add some more playmakers Brandon Lloyd has had ONE good season in Denver and all of a sudden hes a Stud? Come on. 1 season of 1500 and the rest of your career is under a 1000 doesn't make you a STUD. A STUD does it over and over again.

Ok so you pointed out that the new england guys arent that great, are better because of brady. awesome. well look at the rest of the examples, elite offenses have multiple studs, with 2's and 3's that are leagues ahead of Hartline.

It is very likely that we will groom a receiver from this draft to become our number 1, with all the cap space we have why dont we get a better player to play alongside that rookie? Go get Mike Wallace and let him be our number 2. I dont understand why you would want Hartline over Wallace.

I'm so surprised that so many of you want Hartline back.

Look around you: Cruz/Nicks, Julio/White, Jennings/Cobb/Nelson/Jones, Brown/Wallace, Welker/Lloyd/Gronkowski, Bryant/Austin,

All these great teams have STUDS at the number 2. Hartline is definitely no stud.

I really hope we don't bring him back. Your standards for your second wideout should be higher. Go get Wallace AND draft Keenan Allen. Let Hartline walk.

People think this thread is dumb? You're never going to compete with Hartline at the 2.

Oh so it very easy to get #1 and great #2 receavers....I am all for getting a #1 receiver in FA, and picking Keenan Allen or another of the top receivers in the draft, but that will not guarantee whomever we get in the draft will be able to play as well or better then Hartline. Get rid of Hartline, and there is a chance you need to go back to the drawing board.....kind of like when Miami lost Welker.

did you not watch the years with marshall here? or do those dont count? Hartline isnt good enough.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Ok so you pointed out that the new england guys arent that great, are better because of brady. awesome. well look at the rest of the examples, elite offenses have multiple studs, with 2's and 3's that are leagues ahead of Hartline.

lol what? Pittsburgh is an elite offense? Giants?

Offensive Rankings

1. Patriots
2. Denver.
3. Saints.
4. Redskins
5. Falcons

What qualifies as an elite offense? The Elite offenses has a QUARTERBACK that makes their players better, that produce in the redzone and has multiple studs, also a system that they work well in, as well as a great offensive line. This team lacks talent, but Hartline isn't the problem, neither is Tannehill. The problem is we have no playmakers that go opposite of these guys. Dolphins don't spread open the field like these other teams because they don't have the weapons and the fear the pass protection is going to kill Tannehill. Hartline isn't a 1, but he can easily be a legit 2, and if you can add play-makers at the 3 and 4 to help spread the field that would be even better.

It is very likely that we will groom a receiver from this draft to become our number 1, with all the cap space we have why dont we get a better player to play alongside that rookie? Go get Mike Wallace and let him be our number 2. I dont understand why you would want Hartline over Wallace.

Wallace, 8TDs, 836yds, 13.1y/c 64catches .. and that's with Brown catching 765yds, 64 catches, Sanders 598yds, 42catches and Heath Miller 816yds, 71 catches diverting the defense's attention

Hartline: 1014yds, 69 catches, 14.7 yds/catch with only Bess 778 yds diverting attention.

When you think about it, what a normally #2 or #3 WR has accomplished with a rookie QB and drawing double coverage in most passing situations, it's not all that less impressive than what Wallace has done with the benefit of the other passing threats, despite Wallace's 8TDs

Yeah, those 1,000 yard receivers you can just pick up anywhere. He's our best receiver. Why wouldn't we want to bring him back? The guy missed camp and has been battling a bad back and still shows up every week and gets it done for us. Our offense has been poor but he's been a huge highlight for us.

You mean with a HORRIBLE Chad Henne and a Matt Moore who is not better than RT throwing balls? Do you think the person throwing the football is not a variable when it comes to productive WR's? Name me any other #2 WR in the NFL, without a true #1 lined up on the other side of him, that will end the season close to or over 1,100 yards and average almost 15 YPC (which is very good).

Yes, it would be nice if he could break a tackle, however he was a guy with #2 talent playing the role of a #1 without a viable threat (Bess) opposite him. Defenses put their best cover guy on Hartline and he still got 1,000 yards. If we had a true #1 Hartline would not have been matched up with the defenses best corner and would have done even better IMO.

Shall we also discuss how he had emergency surgery, then had a calf injury and missed ALL OF TC and preseason, and then comes in and has a 1,000 yards season? But hey, Im sure there are lots of players who do not practice once before the season starts and go on to reach a recieving yardage benchmark. :rolleyes2:

In all liklihood Hartline will be on the team next year so you should probably get used to seeing him.

I'm so surprised that so many of you want Hartline back.

Look around you: Cruz/Nicks, Julio/White, Jennings/Cobb/Nelson/Jones, Brown/Wallace, Welker/Lloyd/Gronkowski, Bryant/Austin,

All these great teams have STUDS at the number 2. Hartline is definitely no stud.

I really hope we don't bring him back. Your standards for your second wideout should be higher. Go get Wallace AND draft Keenan Allen. Let Hartline walk.

People think this thread is dumb? You're never going to compete with Hartline at the 2.

1/3 to 1/2 of the group of studs you are bring up are going to be doing the same as Brain come next Monday. And since when do great teams miss the playoffs.

I guess we will find out in March. If he comes cheap then I would consider signing him back so when the fins acquire 2 WRs he can be cut and its not a big deal... doubt that tho. Its a numbers game Bess and Mathews are locks, I would probably say Moore is a lock too as the number 5 WR who contributes greatly on special teams which hartline does not. 1 FA and 1 draft pickand we have 5 WRs without hartline. If he is still on the team next year then once again we failed to bring in playmakers on offense...

I guess we will find out in March. If he comes cheap then I would consider signing him back so when the fins acquire 2 WRs he can be cut and its not a big deal... doubt that tho. Its a numbers game Bess and Mathews are locks, I would probably say Moore is a lock too as the number 5 WR who contributes greatly on special teams which hartline does not. 1 FA and 1 draft pickand we have 5 WRs without hartline. If he is still on the team next year then once again we failed to bring in playmakers on offense...

Matthews is a lock? Based on what? What has he done to make you think he is a lock?

How is Hartline still being on the team in 2013 equates to the Dolphins failing to bring in playmakers on offense?

Matthews is a lock? Based on what? What has he done to make you think he is a lock?

How is Hartline still being on the team in 2013 equates to the Dolphins failing to bring in playmakers on offense?

Probably part of the same group of posters that considered Wallace a lock.

Probably part of the same group of posters that considered Wallace a lock.

I don't like free agents in general especially WR free agents. If we go with a high priced FA WR I will throw up in my mouth over and over again.

As far as Mathews goes... lock. Did you see the play he made against Buffalo? That was beautiful. Look I don't hate Hartline I actually like him, but he isn't a play maker. He will never do anything after the catch unless there is a blown coverage. How many tackles did he break to get his 1,000 yards? My guess is a lot less than the number of times a blade of grass or a finger nail got him to go to the ground.

Who knows, we heard the same thing with Ronnie Brown.
Im thinking NE will draft a receiver. They have Loyd and will probably resign Welker over signing a guy like Hartline.

yeah, brian, we really are not in huge need of you, however, you would give us an unbelievable advantage right from the get go as a guy that just gets open and gives us our 7th weapon......just sign here on the line here for really good money and then please tell us everything you know about joe philbin and his gameplans week to week. Cus that guy scares me more than that blowhard in new york anyday!!!

Im all for keeping Hartline. But its obvious we need a legit down field target and a big strong WR.

and a TE or two...

I think people are completely unaware that if Fasano is not brought back, we are in trouble playing two rookie TE's. Clay is not a TE to me. He is pure Hback.

lock to make the roster. and i would agree. if philbin builds through the draft, you see the improvement, slow in opportunity as it may be, he has made bigger plays as time goes on.

Rishard Matthews will be the #3 or 4 next year. And a good one he will be by game 5. He gets a little seperation, he has a big body, and he tends to draw PI's which means he must be a threat downfield with his size. Yeah, the kid will get better. No doubt in my mind.

lock to make the roster. and i would agree. if philbin builds through the draft, you see the improvement, slow in opportunity as it may be, he has made bigger plays as time goes on.

Rishard Matthews will be the #3 or 4 next year. And a good one he will be by game 5. He gets a little seperation, he has a big body, and he tends to draw PI's which means he must be a threat downfield with his size. Yeah, the kid will get better. No doubt in my mind.

I hope you are right about Matthews being the #3 or #4 receiver next year. I guess I have not seen enough of him to say he's going to be a lock to make next year's team.

Back
Top Bottom