Bright future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bright future

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I has been a Chad Henne's supporter for years, but after seeing several videos of Ryan Tannehill I have to admit Henne will never pan out as desired and Jaguars are in trouble, as they have nothing at the QB position.

Why? Well I admired the arm power of Chad Henne and his bravery while playing, there was a point in the first three games of 2011, where it was obvious he was playing above his capabilities and he accepted every fault when his receivers were dropping balls in the red zone.

But Henne lacks of the leadership that Ryan Tannehill is showing in his first days as a Dolphin, Chad wanted to win by focusing in bettering himself, while Ryan wants to know each teammate and his efforts are on making everyone around him better day by day. Jeff Darlington recently expressed on miamidolphins.com he was amassed on how this kid resembles some of Chad Pennington's leadership. As example, Ryan shared with Michael Egnew a resumed version of the playbook he handled in TX A&M, just after the TE was drafted by Dolphins, so he could be on the same page during rookie camps. That's a huge difference about leadership.

Chad Henne has a cannonball but lacks of touch, he always is looking a way to improve as player, but even playing at his 110%, he proved inefficient.

On the other hand Ryan Tannehill is proving he has the physical skills, the touch and enough power on the arm, but more important he wants to improve as a complete leader.

It's easy to see a bright future in Miami with Ryan Tannehill, once he learns some tips about adjusting to the pro-level and handling his offense on the pocket. That surely can be taught, leadership is more unlikely to be learned.

That's the reason why Chad Henne never will lead his team to important goals.

Also our WR situation seems to be better than expected.

Why? Well, WCO uses a lot of TE & route WR to win short to medium yardage and move the chains. Go-to receivers & running backs that can catch add more potential but rarely define a WCO system. Brandon Marshall would be a risk and a huge luxury for Philbin's offense. The guy is a got-to receiver who has dropped important passes consistently. This offense can't afford such thing.

So having in mind Davone Bees owns excellent hands and has fine routing abilities, while Hartline has the size and speed of several go-to receivers in the league, we have solved WR1 & WR2, but WCO requires at least another pair of WR. Clyde Gates is a promising piece of this offense, while Legedu Naanee was added to improve the spot but is a long shoot.
The hardest piece of this offense is there are going to be several two-TE packs so Fasano requires a complement.

Dolphins could have a nice arsenal of receivers if ...
... Brian Hartline is above his 2008 production & Davone Bess recovers his best level.
... Clyde Gates can catch above 75% of the throws in his direction.
... among 2 years developing receivers (Roberto Wallace, Julius Pruitt & Marlon Moore) we could find at least one who outplays Legedu Naanee.
... can develop Jeff Fuller & Derek Moye at the same speed than Ryan Tannehill.

Also the tight end spot is solved once Anthony Fasano stays healthy and ...
... Jeron Mastrud adds ability to lose his mark and betters his blocks. Which seems very feasible.
... Michael Egnew learns some blocking foundations and adopts the pro-level speed.

Can somebody please show some evidence of this WCO doesn't need a number 1 wide receiver to back up the "our mediocre wide receivers will open eyes because of the magical WCO" theory

as to the other points about if Tannehill is the guy, yes our future will be brighter

Nice to see fans following the Fins from Mexico.
I agree with most of what you are saying, RT seems to be natural leader, with great communication skills. Hopefully his playing ability in games will be great too.
You failed to mention Clay in the TE rotation. I think he will be a big part of our passing game.
Go Fins!

Can't you let the guy do something in NFL pads before this type of stuff is written? I understand people are excited. But NOTHING has been proven at the NFL level yet. Nothing. The kid hasn't even competed against NFL caliber QB's with wins and losses under their belts.

As for the Henne, Penny and other stuff written here. Henne was handicapped by playing behind Penny. He tried to emulate the guy. Then when he no longer had that noodle in front of him, he had a baby in his ear non stop breaking him down. Damned if he did and damned if he didn't. But that is the past.

Let these guys compete and prove themselves on the field. The WildPat is now playing in his backyard, and where are the posters who had wild eye visions of that dude bringing a new type of offense to the NFL?

Tannehill has alot of work to do. Some here think padless warriors and workouts make for good NFL players, I am not one of those people.

Can somebody please show some evidence of this WCO doesn't need a number 1 wide receiver to back up the "our mediocre wide receivers will open eyes because of the magical WCO" theory

as to the other points about if Tannehill is the guy, yes our future will be brighter

A very mediocre bunch to be generous, but keep in mind we may add a veteran or two. Anyone for GB's Driver for example?

I can't find the right video on Youtube, but there was an interview of Walsh he pointed the natural weakness of all defenses and how nobody could stop his WCO once timing was adjusted, because the key element is a QB who can react and learn this offense in the best way as WCO offers multiple options for the passer on each play.

This is a longer video where he explains his quarterbacking fundamentals and mentions some of the multiple options he created for Joe Montana.

[video=youtube;D9TcFkDRJso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9TcFkDRJso[/video]
PART 1

[video=youtube;rdBQH8_Koeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdBQH8_Koeg[/video]
PART 2

I agree with most of what you are saying, RT seems to be natural leader, with great communication skills. Hopefully his playing ability in games will be great too.
You failed to mention Clay in the TE rotation. I think he will be a big part of our passing game.
Go Fins!

Miami Dolphins has a bigger fanbase in Mexico than Jacksonville Jaguars in the entire world.
:up:

Can't you let the guy do something in NFL pads before this type of stuff is written? I understand people are excited. But NOTHING has been proven at the NFL level yet. Nothing. The kid hasn't even competed against NFL caliber QB's with wins and losses under their belts.

As for the Henne, Penny and other stuff written here. Henne was handicapped by playing behind Penny. He tried to emulate the guy. Then when he no longer had that noodle in front of him, he had a baby in his ear non stop breaking him down. Damned if he did and damned if he didn't. But that is the past.

Let these guys compete and prove themselves on the field. The WildPat is now playing in his backyard, and where are the posters who had wild eye visions of that dude bringing a new type of offense to the NFL?

Tannehill has alot of work to do. Some here think padless warriors and workouts make for good NFL players, I am not one of those people.

The kid wasn't competed but he added a fine ingredient to the mix: he wants to lead our team into important things and has great foundations.

I can't find the right video on Youtube, but there was an interview of Walsh he pointed the natural weakness of all defenses and how nobody could stop his WCO once timing was adjusted, because the key element is a QB who can react and learn this offense in the best way as WCO offers multiple options for the passer on each play.

This is a longer video where he explains his quarterbacking fundamentals and mentions some of the multiple options he created for Joe Montana.

[video=youtube;D9TcFkDRJso]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9TcFkDRJso[/video]
PART 1

[video=youtube;rdBQH8_Koeg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdBQH8_Koeg[/video]
PART 2

A huge.... HUGE part of that is having the greatest WR of all time to open up the rest. Jerry Rice. I'm sure Phil Jackson rants and raves about the triangle offense, but having Michael Jordan and then later Shaq and Kobe run it sure does make it seem like the best offense of all time.

IMO, the traditional "number one WR" is the guy you throw to when you really need a big play and everyone knows it. He is supposed to get 60-70% of the passes. This is the guy that I'd call a Diva.

I do not think that you do not need great WRs in the WCO, but you do not have to bring a guy in as that guy as much as the WR that gets open the most and catches the ball the best becomes that guy.

Instead of thinking before the snap that you (as the QB) is going to throw to, let's say, B Marshall or one of the better "number one WRs", the QB looks at pre snap reads and then still goes though his progression if the first read is not open.

B Marshall, Andre Johnson or Calvin Johnson just want and even expect you to throw the ball to them anyway.

A huge.... HUGE part of that is having the greatest WR of all time to open up the rest. Jerry Rice. I'm sure Phil Jackson rants and raves about the triangle offense, but having Michael Jordan and then later Shaq and Kobe run it sure does make it seem like the best offense of all time.
I'm sure that Davone Bess is going to look closer to Jerry Rice once our Dolphins can handle WCO.

Go Fins!
I didn't forgot Clay, but he's a slash player who might serve as TE/FB and his role is different from the classic TE in a WCO scheme, he's going to be closer to Roger Craig: a catching RB.

I has been a Chad Henne's supporter for years, but after seeing several videos of Ryan Tannehill I have to admit Henne will never pan out as desired and Jaguars are in trouble, as they have nothing at the QB position.

Why? Well I admired the arm power of Chad Henne and his bravery while playing, there was a point in the first three games of 2011, where it was obvious he was playing above his capabilities and he accepted every fault when his receivers were dropping balls in the red zone.

But Henne lacks of the leadership that Ryan Tannehill is showing in his first days as a Dolphin, Chad wanted to win by focusing in bettering himself, while Ryan wants to know each teammate and his efforts are on making everyone around him better day by day. Jeff Darlington recently expressed on miamidolphins.com he was amassed on how this kid resembles some of Chad Pennington's leadership. As example, Ryan shared with Michael Egnew a resumed version of the playbook he handled in TX A&M, just after the TE was drafted by Dolphins, so he could be on the same page during rookie camps. That's a huge difference about leadership.

Chad Henne has a cannonball but lacks of touch, he always is looking a way to improve as player, but even playing at his 110%, he proved inefficient.

On the other hand Ryan Tannehill is proving he has the physical skills, the touch and enough power on the arm, but more important he wants to improve as a complete leader.

It's easy to see a bright future in Miami with Ryan Tannehill, once he learns some tips about adjusting to the pro-level and handling his offense on the pocket. That surely can be taught, leadership is more unlikely to be learned.

That's the reason why Chad Henne never will lead his team to important goals.

Also our WR situation seems to be better than expected.

Why? Well, WCO uses a lot of TE & route WR to win short to medium yardage and move the chains. Go-to receivers & running backs that can catch add more potential but rarely define a WCO system. Brandon Marshall would be a risk and a huge luxury for Philbin's offense. The guy is a got-to receiver who has dropped important passes consistently. This offense can't afford such thing.

So having in mind Davone Bees owns excellent hands and has fine routing abilities, while Hartline has the size and speed of several go-to receivers in the league, we have solved WR1 & WR2, but WCO requires at least another pair of WR. Clyde Gates is a promising piece of this offense, while Legedu Naanee was added to improve the spot but is a long shoot.
The hardest piece of this offense is there are going to be several two-TE packs so Fasano requires a complement.

Dolphins could have a nice arsenal of receivers if ...
... Brian Hartline is above his 2008 production & Davone Bess recovers his best level.
... Clyde Gates can catch above 75% of the throws in his direction.
... among 2 years developing receivers (Roberto Wallace, Julius Pruitt & Marlon Moore) we could find at least one who outplays Legedu Naanee.
... can develop Jeff Fuller & Derek Moye at the same speed than Ryan Tannehill.

Also the tight end spot is solved once Anthony Fasano stays healthy and ...
... Jeron Mastrud adds ability to lose his mark and betters his blocks. Which seems very feasible.
... Michael Egnew learns some blocking foundations and adopts the pro-level speed.

I agree with you except the WR stuff. I guaranadamntee that next draft we WILL be adressing a stud WR. For this year we're stuck with what we've got. With so many holes to fill I can't say I'm all that disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom