Bright future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bright future

Can somebody please show some evidence of this WCO doesn't need a number 1 wide receiver to back up the "our mediocre wide receivers will open eyes because of the magical WCO" theory

as to the other points about if Tannehill is the guy, yes our future will be brighter

There is no evidence of this. Nothing but nonsense to make people sleep better at night. Our WR's are a joke, and will be the leading cause of yet another losing season along with bad QB play, which won't be helped any by said joke WR's.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

I'm sure that Davone Bess is going to look closer to Jerry Rice once our Dolphins can handle WCO.

Not sure if troll or serious...

Can't you let the guy do something in NFL pads before this type of stuff is written? I understand people are excited. But NOTHING has been proven at the NFL level yet. Nothing. The kid hasn't even competed against NFL caliber QB's with wins and losses under their belts.

This is something that will always drive me crazy but I'm trying to become a better person. Also the "what about this released player", "polls on which UDFA will make the team" etc etc all bug me.

But it is part of being a fan and as fan we go to, read and post on fan sites. Right now every team in the NFL is undefeated. All our draft picks including the 7th rounders which make a difference and several of the UDFAs will make the team.

The Dolphins drafted a QB with the 8th pick in the draft. If he gets new underwear it is going to be big news. The way fan bases go, if Matt Moore does not lead us to a 14-2 season, fans will be out with pickforks and torches to have Tannehill play.

Some people think Broncos fans went overboard wanting to see Tim Tebow start, that situation will not compare to the one that is going to happen here.

P.S. As the first poster said, the thing that also for me was the reason that Chad Henne is going to have problems in the NFL is his total lack of touch. I saw Matt Moore make completed passes last season that Chad Henne could not make. Including a couple of passes to R Bush on a wheel route out of the backfield being covered closely by a LB that Matt Moore dropped down perfectly. I wish I had kept those passes on a film clip of some kind. Having a problem throwing some passes with touch is really the only problem I have with Tannehill. (I have the same problem in passing the ball in Madden).

Throwing a fast ball is easy, throwing a pass with a arc that changes in relation to the defense is harder but you cannot be a very good QB without learning how to do this.

There is no evidence of this. Nothing but nonsense to make people sleep better at night. Our WR's are a joke, and will be the leading cause of yet another losing season along with bad QB play, which won't be helped any by said joke WR's.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Ah the irony. :chuckle:

No irony here. The Dolphins are not a good team. Doesn't take much to realize this. Though being a homer can do a lot to distort this reality though that's for sure.

Opinions are like....well you know the rest! Glad you've decided for us that the Dolphins aren't a good team in May! I guess we can all turn off our TV sets come September! :up:

When I said Davone has the tools to get better and even look similar to great Jerry Rice once Dolphins handle WCO as required, I mean it.

Let me put this in other words. Nobody in Miami knew the talent that has being wasted with Wes Welker from 2004 to 2006. A single season after that he was leading the league because he was playing in a system that uses his talent in the best way.

Well I know there are several examples of failed WCO, like early 2000's Lions, 90's Saints and of course recent Buccaneers. But Philbin and Sherman have started an accelerated process where several pieces of our roster will be used in better ways. One of those pieces is Davone Bess. He has proved he can follow almost any route, has excellent numbers when passes get the touch and he's a team guy. Thus he'll follow orders and will stay open to learn, unlike several diva WR. So Philbin and Sherman have a fine receiver that fits the WCO style.

I understand it's going to take time, which means there's a huge risk Davone can't adjust, but if Philbin can synchronize his offense during QB camps, Davone should be as lethal as Welker.

No irony here. The Dolphins are not a good team. Doesn't take much to realize this. Though being a homer can do a lot to distort this reality though that's for sure.
lol u along with the phin guy with the cute little baby dolphins cheerleader outfit used to be the biggest homers on this board. So funny how thins change.

Well if a homer is a guy who believes in a new project with small possibilities of working, then I'm a huge homer for trusting in current Miami Dolphins.

But I see no reason to avoid trusting them. In fact the most I know about Ryan Tannehill, the most I believe in this team. I'm not assuming he should be starting in week 1, no way. But Ryan looks like a fine project and Philbin, unlike Saban and Sparano, has being consistent and his talent evaluation looks better than expected.

This homer also thinks Moore was a one-year-wonder because opponents underestimated him in 2011, but I see room for improvement with Tannehill, so if Matt Moore can have a decent start of 4-4 before week 9, Tannehill could be ready to rescue this season and prepare for the future.

When I said Davone has the tools to get better and even look similar to great Jerry Rice once Dolphins handle WCO as required, I mean it.

Let me put this in other words. Nobody in Miami knew the talent that has being wasted with Wes Welker from 2004 to 2006. A single season after that he was leading the league because he was playing in a system that uses his talent in the best way.

Well I know there are several examples of failed WCO, like early 2000's Lions, 90's Saints and of course recent Buccaneers. But Philbin and Sherman have started an accelerated process where several pieces of our roster will be used in better ways. One of those pieces is Davone Bess. He has proved he can follow almost any route, has excellent numbers when passes get the touch and he's a team guy. Thus he'll follow orders and will stay open to learn, unlike several diva WR. So Philbin and Sherman have a fine receiver that fits the WCO style.

I understand it's going to take time, which means there's a huge risk Davone can't adjust, but if Philbin can synchronize his offense during QB camps, Davone should be as lethal as Welker.

IMO, the difference with Welker and what can be the difference in Bess was on one hand, better coaching and game planning and on the other, and this is important, a much more accurate QB throwing them the ball.

If Wes Welker had went to the Bucs (or the Jets), he would be out of the NFL right now, instead, he went to play with Tom Brady as his QB and "became" a great WR.

The whole point of the original post was that the OP thinks the dolphins are doing some of the right things to become a good team. At no point while reading his post did I get the impression that he things we are great now, just that he is hopefull that some of the changes will pan out for us. The OP is also correct that Tannehill has shown more leadership potential than Henne did at first. Henne just never seemed to be good with people, he was "Robot like" people said. Tannehill is the complete opposite. He reminds me more of a Tom Brady type personality. Down to the fact that he is married to a Model like said quarterback. (althought brady has gone through a few models) Oh and no I am not saying he will be as good as Brady just that he shows Brady like Leadership. I hate to say it but many times QB's need some of that ****iness and to put off an air of owning the leadership role.

I also like the direction of the team, even with Philbin not being our first choice I think we lucked our way into getting him. I think he will turn out be a better coach in the long run than Fisher is and Sparano was. He is smart and seems to have picked a better staff than Fisher did and Sparano ever did with us. I like removing Marshall who will probalbly be suspended half of next year anyways. With Marshall sitll on this team can you imagine if the coaches tried to start Moore? He would be crying for Tannehill and if Tannihill did not get the ball to Marshall all the time he would eventually turn on him. I want the team to start with Moore this year and see how he does, If he is not doing good after half a season maybe throw tannehill in at this point. Hell the last time tannehill came in halfway through a season he won 6 straight games. Lets put him in a situation that he has been in before..

lol u along with the phin guy with the cute little baby dolphins cheerleader outfit used to be the biggest homers on this board. So funny how thins change.

I remember. There's just no point in homering up with this team any longer. The team stinks. The only hope is Tannehill, and he's just not a very good QB prospect.

---------- Post added at 03:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

Well you keep holding on to those dreams. Bess is what he is. A possession slot WR. He is not, and will never, ever, come remotely close to Jerry Rice. This is ridiculous.

IMO, the difference with Welker and what can be the difference in Bess was on one hand, better coaching and game planning and on the other, and this is important, a much more accurate QB throwing them the ball.

If Wes Welker had went to the Bucs (or the Jets), he would be out of the NFL right now, instead, he went to play with Tom Brady as his QB and "became" a great WR.
mmmm...

Who would you prefer, Marino or Montana (let's say their '88 version)?
In my mind there's no doubt Marino was superior to Montana, but Montana has the rings. A fitting system launched Cool Joe into best of all times.

Who would you prefer, a 1st rounder who knows most of your play book or a former 6th round pick?

That translates like Ryan Tannehill VS Tom Brady

Opinions are like....well you know the rest! Glad you've decided for us that the Dolphins aren't a good team in May! I guess we can all turn off our TV sets come September! :up:

Again, all it takes is 2 eyes to see the team isn't very talented. Hell one eye would do I'm sure. This isn't going to change between now and September.

The whole point of the original post was that the OP thinks the dolphins are doing some of the right things to become a good team. At no point while reading his post did I get the impression that he things we are great now, just that he is hopefull that some of the changes will pan out for us. The OP is also correct that Tannehill has shown more leadership potential than Henne did at first. Henne just never seemed to be good with people, he was "Robot like" people said. Tannehill is the complete opposite. He reminds me more of a Tom Brady type personality. Down to the fact that he is married to a Model like said quarterback. (althought brady has gone through a few models) Oh and no I am not saying he will be as good as Brady just that he shows Brady like Leadership. I hate to say it but many times QB's need some of that ****iness and to put off an air of owning the leadership role.

I also like the direction of the team, even with Philbin not being our first choice I think we lucked our way into getting him. I think he will turn out be a better coach in the long run than Fisher is and Sparano was. He is smart and seems to have picked a better staff than Fisher did and Sparano ever did with us. I like removing Marshall who will probalbly be suspended half of next year anyways. With Marshall sitll on this team can you imagine if the coaches tried to start Moore? He would be crying for Tannehill and if Tannihill did not get the ball to Marshall all the time he would eventually turn on him. I want the team to start with Moore this year and see how he does, If he is not doing good after half a season maybe throw tannehill in at this point. Hell the last time tannehill came in halfway through a season he won 6 straight games. Lets put him in a situation that he has been in before..

If you want to think we're heading in the right direction, that's fine. But comparing Bess to Rice is nonsense. Thinking our WR's are fine is nonsense. They stink. Worst group in the league and thinking the rookies will amount to much is wishful thinking. They might, at best, turn into average possession type WR's who do little in terms of gaining chuck yardage. Thinking it's ok to have these bad WR's because we run a WCO, is the biggest nonsense of it all. That's the only problem I have with the OP.

Back
Top Bottom