Bright future | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bright future

:lol2:

:vaark:
I guess disappearing games at a time is what TE's do, huh? See, since his first year in MIA, Fasano has been terrible at being consistent. 1 week he shows up and then he disappears for a few weeks. Now that may be ok with you, but for a team breaking in a young qb, its not. See, Flacco, Ryan and Sanchez all have/had quality TE's. To sit here and think that a guy who doesn't threaten a seam and struggles to NEVER break the 40 rec mark as a who does more than he is given credit for, is silly. What the hell is a TE suppose to do for a young QB? He is the security blanket. Not a 6th offensive lineman. Unless your playing in a Martz style offense.

As for the comparisions, the OP and the 2ndary poster stand by their assessments. Which I still find BS to compare the 2. One mattered for his team, the other struggles to matter from week to week.

Ridicule (baselessly I might add) all you want, but it's true Fasano has been solid for us. Of course, when you have questionable staff running the offense in Sparano, Henning, Daboll of course he's not going to be used like he should be. Granted, he's never broken the 40 reception yard mark, but given the limited amount of touches he HAS seen, he's put up some nice production....efficiency. Not only that but he consistently brings 4-5 TDs a year. Again, not Pro Bowl numbers, but solid. Given our poor offensive rankings the last few years, I'd say that's FAR from terrible.

fasono is on the cutting block IMO. Egnew, clay...where does a slow, brick handed TE that can't block fit in?

Ridicule (baselessly I might add) all you want, but it's true Fasano has been solid for us. Of course, when you have questionable staff running the offense in Sparano, Henning, Daboll of course he's not going to be used like he should be. Granted, he's never broken the 40 reception yard mark, but given the limited amount of touches he HAS seen, he's put up some nice production....efficiency. Not only that but he consistently brings 4-5 TDs a year. Again, not Pro Bowl numbers, but solid. Given our poor offensive rankings the last few years, I'd say that's FAR from terrible.

Unlike you, I put more stock into the TE position I guess. When you can excuse the fact that your TE disappears in multiple games through each of his 4 starting seasons, eventually you are what you are. You and others can continue to excuse such production. But I won't. And apparently this FO knows they need a upgrade at TE, as they have said for 2 years now, that the position needs to be upgraded.

Again you are defending a guy who has YET to break 40 rec in a single season. If that isn't trash, then please point me to what is. Fasano's career year wasn't even last year, he took a step back. It was in 2010 and even then he didn't break 40 rec. Justify, excuse it, be happy with it. But Fasano isn't and shouldn't be a starter in any type of offense outside of Martz and his philosophy.

And yes I will ridicule those that think Fasano is 'solid'. He's solid for a archaic style offense.
:ponder:

Unlike you, I put more stock into the TE position I guess. When you can excuse the fact that your TE disappears in multiple games through each of his 4 starting seasons, eventually you are what you are. You and others can continue to excuse such production. But I won't. And apparently this FO knows they need a upgrade at TE, as they have said for 2 years now, that the position needs to be upgraded.

Again you are defending a guy who has YET to break 40 rec in a single season. If that isn't trash, then please point me to what is. Fasano's career year wasn't even last year, he took a step back. It was in 2010 and even then he didn't break 40 rec. Justify, excuse it, be happy with it. But Fasano isn't and shouldn't be a starter in any type of offense outside of Martz and his philosophy.

And yes I will ridicule those that think Fasano is 'solid'. He's solid for a archaic style offense.
:ponder:

Ahhhh, yes! The I-will-ridicule-anyone-who-doesn't-agree-with-me defense! Gotta love it! Well I guess since you are good at ridiculing anyone who you don't agree with, I guess that'll do then, eh? :rolleyes2:

But seriously, if you want to undermine what Fasano has brought while here, be my guest. Most knowledgeable football fans will agree, though, while not spectacular, yes he has been solid for us. When asked to make plays, he will make them. He's consistently among the top five in yards per completion amongst starting TEs, in the top dozen in total receiving yardage amongst all TEs, top 10 in total TDs by TEs in a season, and consistently in the top 5-10 in receptions over 20 yards amongst all TEs.

Again, he's not going to "wow" like a Dallas Clark, Gronk, or Gonzalez back in his heyday, but given our very limited offensive prowess the last few seasons, those numbers aren't too shabby. Will he improve in our new offense? That remains to be seen of course, but if Philbin keeps him around I'm sure he'll use him to his strengths. If not, well at least he's had good production while he WAS here, but I believe he does stay. Either way, he continues to be very under-appreciated football player.

Ahhhh, yes! The I-will-ridicule-anyone-who-doesn't-agree-with-me defense! Gotta love it! Well I guess since you are good at ridiculing anyone who you don't agree with, I guess that'll do then, eh? :rolleyes2:

But seriously, if you want to undermine what Fasano has brought while here, be my guest. Most knowledgeable football fans will agree, though, while not spectacular, yes he has been solid for us. When asked to make plays, he will make them. He's consistently among the top five in yards per completion amongst starting TEs, in the top dozen in total receiving yardage amongst all TEs, top 10 in total TDs by TEs in a season, and consistently in the top 5-10 in receptions over 20 yards amongst all TEs.

Again, he's not going to "wow" like a Dallas Clark, Gronk, or Gonzalez back in his heyday, but given our very limited offensive prowess the last few seasons, those numbers aren't too shabby. Will he improve in our new offense? That remains to be seen of course, but if Philbin keeps him around I'm sure he'll use him to his strengths. If not, well at least he's had good production while he WAS here, but I believe he does stay. Either way, he continues to be very under-appreciated football player.

All the while disappearing games at a time. He also avg's 6 games a year, in which he has 0 to 1 rec a game. Fasano is trash, its that simple. The fact you 'knowledgeable' fans think he is solid, is laughable. When you bring in a young QB, you don't settle for that type of production. And now that MIA has another young QB on the roster, I see Fasano taking his so called 'solid' self out the door, sooner or later. He is under contract through this season. But with the GM saying since LAST YEAR, that the TE position needs to be upgraded. I will stick by my assessment that Fasano is anything but, solid.

As for the ridicule. It started with the fact someone here was comparing Clark to Fasano. As I stated before, 2 different type of athletes just on the face, makes for no comparision. Add the fact Clark was productive throughout his whole career...catching the ball. And there really is no comparision.

39 receptions in a season, is what qualifies as 'solid' to you knowledgable fans. And people wonder why this fan base is fickle at best. Mediocre reigns supreme here.

All the while disappearing games at a time. He also avg's 6 games a year, in which he has 0 to 1 rec a game. Fasano is trash, its that simple. The fact you 'knowledgeable' fans think he is solid, is laughable. When you bring in a young QB, you don't settle for that type of production. And now that MIA has another young QB on the roster, I see Fasano taking his so called 'solid' self out the door, sooner or later. He is under contract through this season. But with the GM saying since LAST YEAR, that the TE position needs to be upgraded. I will stick by my assessment that Fasano is anything but, solid.

As for the ridicule. It started with the fact someone here was comparing Clark to Fasano. As I stated before, 2 different type of athletes just on the face, makes for no comparision. Add the fact Clark was productive throughout his whole career...catching the ball. And there really is no comparision.

39 receptions in a season, is what qualifies as 'solid' to you knowledgable fans. And people wonder why this fan base is fickle at best. Mediocre reigns supreme here.

Well I guess 85 percent of TEs in the league are "trash" to you if you go by the basis that TE's are supposed to have more than 40 catches right? :lol: Listen, not every team is going to have a "superstar" TE. Hell, the Giants top TE had 38 catches. Looks like they did alright without a big time producing TE! Difference is, they've had a competent offense for a while now. We've had crappy offensive play calling and production for years and through all that Fasano has put up decent numbers.

Oh and give it a rest with that "mediocrity reigns supreme" here crap. That's the biggest cop-out argument on these damn boards! No one loves mediocrity, no one accepts it. Having an opinion about a TE that's different from yours doesn't constitute accepting mediocrity. That's just plain silly and a bunch of nonsense!

He has only had one drop per season for the last two years. He catches a very large percentage of the passes thrown to him.

We have been a running team since he has been here (we were 6th in rushing attempts last season) so who fault is it that he has not had over 40 catches?

His?

Really?

Well I guess 85 percent of TEs in the league are "trash" to you if you go by the basis that TE's are supposed to have more than 40 catches right? :lol: Listen, not every team is going to have a "superstar" TE. Hell, the Giants top TE had 38 catches. Looks like they did alright without a big time producing TE! Difference is, they've had a competent offense for a while now. We've had crappy offensive play calling and production for years and through all that Fasano has put up decent numbers.

Oh and give it a rest with that "mediocrity reigns supreme" here crap. That's the biggest cop-out argument on these damn boards! No one loves mediocrity, no one accepts it. Having an opinion about a TE that's different from yours doesn't constitute accepting mediocrity. That's just plain silly and a bunch of nonsense!

Defending a guy who does nothing for his team, is silly and a bunch of nonsense.

39 receptions. That is what you are defending. And yes, I expect more from the TE position. Including not avg, 6 games a year, where he doesn't show up.

This is nothing more than, the Chowder 2.0 argument. Fasano is what he is, garbage.

As for the Giants, they ran alot of 3 and 4 wr sets. Their TE with those WR's and QB don't play a big role. Again, for a young QB, you get them a reliable and consistent TE, something Fasano has never been.

He has only had one drop per season for the last two years. He catches a very large percentage of the passes thrown to him.

We have been a running team since he has been here (we were 6th in rushing attempts last season) so who fault is it that he has not had over 40 catches?

His?

Really?

At what point is a person who they are? 4 seasons? 5 seasons? 6 seasons? 7 seasons? Eventually, you are what you are.

Love the fact you people continue to excuse such mediocre production.

Defending a guy who does nothing for his team, is silly and a bunch of nonsense.

39 receptions. That is what you are defending. And yes, I expect more from the TE position. Including not avg, 6 games a year, where he doesn't show up.

This is nothing more than, the Chowder 2.0 argument. Fasano is what he is, garbage.

As for the Giants, they ran alot of 3 and 4 wr sets. Their TE with those WR's and QB don't play a big role. Again, for a young QB, you get them a reliable and consistent TE, something Fasano has never been.

"Fasano did nothing for his team" :bobdole: Are you kidding me??!?! To borrow your defense, nicely shoveled but still BS! Yes I'm defending 39 receptions! 400-500 yards on 30-40 receptions is pretty damn decent! If he doubles that to 80, he can be very near or over 1,000 yards receiving. He was never given the chance, that's the problem. In Sparano's offenses Fasano and the TEs were called upon to block a lot of the time, especially with our questionable lines thanks to Mr Guru!

Fasano wasn't NEEDED to be thrown to 60-70 times a season! We had our guys for that. We had Marshall, Bess, and even the RBs doing most of the work in the receiving game the last 2-3 seasons. With this new system, though, he could and probably WILL be called upon to produce more, especially with the lack of a true number one receiver. Hell, it wouldn't surprised me if he caught over 55 balls this year.

Oh Tanny will pan out. Just give him some time, protection, and most of all receivers that can catch the ball...

Back
Top Bottom