Bring Jim Bates back home... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Jim Bates back home...

LarryFinFan said:
Bates will be taking the JIlls job because it's the last one available this year. He's too egotistical to sit out a year, although he can. He's not media savvy so there is no TV job for him. He'll be with the Jills and help them out. They will still be a pretty good D assuming all the injured guys from last year come back...I'm really shocked that he didn't stay in GB...he had it made there.

let the bills have him, they will blow 4th qtr leads :sidelol:

jim bates was good, but lets remember how many games the defense lost bc of his play calling for the d. im sorry but i am glad he is gone, ppl need to let go of jim bates, obviously he has a big ego and didnt want to stay when saban offered it to him. besides, capers and saban will set up the defense and it will be alot more productive and more creative

BringBackShula said:
Even though everyone in a hundred thousand mile radius knew what we were going to do on D.

This is actually why I think Bates would be a good addition to the staff, getting him here is the challenge but again, his options are becoming rather limited at this time.

People have taken to criticizing him for being 'vanilla', what they fail to appreciate is that it requires extremely good and consistent execution and technique to play his style of vanilla defense. Don’t get hung-up on the system. What makes Bates an exceptional coach is his ability to get his players to dominate via execution and technique rather than via deception and strategy. He is a strong teacher, a good communicator. The bottom line is that he is a very good coach.

Considering Saban’s comments yesterday, I would think he would be for adding Bates; convincing him to come back would be challenging but definitely worth an effort.

flintsilver7 said:
While I doubt Jim Bates is coming back to Miami, the reason people are suggesting it is because Bates' track record is better than Capers'. With the Dolphins, his defensive rank was:

2000: 6th
2001: 5th
2002: 3rd
2003: 11th
2004: 8th
2005: 7th (Packers, their best since 1998)

Average Rank: 6.67

Capers:
1991: 22nd
1992: 12th
1993: 3rd
1994: 3rd
1999: 5th (Jaguars)
2000: 9th (Jaguars)

Average Rank: 9.0

The 3-4 is not the defense to change all defenses. Few teams have the personnel to run it properly - the only three that come to mind are the Patriots, Stelers, and Chargers. In the NFL, Pittsburgh was 4th and San Diego was 13th. No other 3-4 defenses were ranked in the top half of the league.

Your stats don't mean much, Bates inherited a good D when he got to Miami. Capers built his up from an expansion team in Carolina.

Jim is that you?

I wouldn't want to work in Buffalo either. That is cute of you to come on here and beg. But why the Knoxville, TN thing? Great town btw.

SabanEra84 said:
Malarkey blew that 20(?) lead against you guys, DUH. What are you talking about?

Justasportsfan said:
Malarkey blew that 20(?) lead against you guys, DUH. What are you talking about?
Uhh ... he's the offensive coordinator, not the defensive coordinator.

I'd love to have Bates back but given the fact that he has quit his last two jobs because he was promoted to HC, I don't see him coming here to be Caper's water boy.

chuckcole said:
Uhh ... he's the offensive coordinator, not the defensive coordinator.
check again, Malarkey called for pass,pass,pass and put in Parrish to run a pass play. :crazy: .

Man.. Bills fans are delusional.. Look what I foundon Billszone.

If the Bills get Bates, they might possibly have one of the best coaching staffs in the league, although Washington is looking pretty darn good too. The other advantage is that Bates has a good pass defense scheme which he executed with average corners. Mckenzie and Caroll. That means Clements can go.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=91249

SabanEra84 said:

jim bates was good, but lets remember how many games the defense lost bc of his play calling for the d. im sorry but i am glad he is gone, ppl need to let go of jim bates, obviously he has a big ego and didnt want to stay when saban offered it to him. besides, capers and saban will set up the defense and it will be alot more productive and more creative

Our offense blew those leads too. 3 plays and a punt isn't the way to help out your defense.

SkapePhin said:
Man.. Bills fans are delusional.. Look what I foundon Billszone.

If the Bills get Bates, they might possibly have one of the best coaching staffs in the league, although Washington is looking pretty darn good too. The other advantage is that Bates has a good pass defense scheme which he executed with average corners. Mckenzie and Caroll. That means Clements can go.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=91249
too late. Nuby already ran to momma and reported that very quote. One post doesn't make an entire fanbase delusional. If that were the case, finfans' brains are fried because of drugs.

Ross said:
Our offense blew those leads too. 3 plays and a punt isn't the way to help out your defense.
who's to blame for those leads blown? Wanny and his conservative prevent D when he was incharge of the fins? Funny how the fins played their hearts out for Bates when he took over. Last years biggest brag song for finfans was the game against the Pats. Who was the coach for that game? Bates? I'm not completely sold on Bates but he's probably the best one out there that's available.

Back
Top Bottom