Bringing Chad to the Fins would be more expensive than we thought. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing Chad to the Fins would be more expensive than we thought.

either see what detroit is asking for roy williams and or just wait for Walker to be cut. ONly reason id take Roy over chad is because of his age. then u still draft a wr as well

Take a look at this from rotoworld
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112405

Basically the article says Chad wants more $ then Cincy is paying him (big suprise) .
I don't like to "toot" my own horn, but I said this a week ago and was laughed at because Ocho signed an extension 2 years ago. Well, in that 2 years almost half of that contract has been payed and Ocho now realizes what a bargain he is.

This whole thing has been about money from the very beginning. ;)

Sorry, but a 1st and 3rd or two seconds is WAY too much for Ocho. He's a good WR, but with us in the middle of a re-build, would make zero sense trading away high and multiple picks to get a guy, that alone, won't make the difference in our turnaround. Let the market cool off for this guy and consider a 3rd or 4th rounder for him (like other big names have gone recently). Otherwise, if someone is stupid enough to give away high picks and pay him a huge salary . . . . . let him go, he's not worth that high of a price.

He's worth a 1st round pick, but only to a team who is one step away.

For a rebuilding team like Miami, no more than a 3rd. Our late-2nd is basically a 3rd.

I was always for bringing in CJ, but not at that price. If thats the case, then I say go get Roy Williams. Last I heard Detroit wanted a 2nd round pick for him. There is nothing wrong with that. I say go get Roy.

He's worth a 1st round pick, but only to a team who is one step away.

For a rebuilding team like Miami, no more than a 3rd. Our late-2nd is basically a 3rd.
No he's not. He's a lockerroom disaster and a selfish player in the same mold of Randy Moss. A 3rd is more than enough for any team that wants to completely sacrifice their chemistry for a big name.

Larry Fitzgerald is worthy of a 1st.

No he's not. He's a lockerroom disaster and a selfish player in the same mold of Randy Moss. A 3rd is more than enough for any team that wants to completely sacrifice their chemistry for a big name.

Larry Fitzgerald is worthy of a 1st.

Yeah, now go back and say that Randy Moss wouldn't of been worthy of a #1

& as far as I'm concerned, Chad gets along fine with teammates.

Wes Welker & Chris Chambers are worth more than Chad Johnson? :lol:

I am a big passenger on the bring Johnson to Miami bandwagon. However, that is way too much to ask for Johnson IMO. Don't get me wrong his production is worth the investment but not for MIami right now.

I would be willing to max out at our 1st #2 but that's about it. Ideally I would give SD'S pick to them for Johnson, essentially trading Chambers for Johnson.

Anything more is just a little steep for the Miami Franchise. Now if we were SD or GB or a team like that giving up that much would make sense.

If they would take Taylor straight up for Johnson I would do that also.

If the asking price doesn't go down, then my next option would be wait for Walker to be cut. He is in the same boat as Roy Williams however. Both can't stay healthy. IMO Williams would be the better and safer chance, however, with Walker there would be no draft pick compensation needed.

Then also get Berrian in FA.

When it is all said and done I believe Johnson will be in Miami. Just don't know at what price.

Yeah, now go back and say that Randy Moss wouldn't of been worthy of a #1
NE only traded a 4th rounder for Moss, not a first. ;)

& as far as I'm concerned, Chad gets along fine with teammates.
Reports say otherwise.

Wes Welker & Chris Chambers are worth more than Chad Johnson? :lol:
Yupper, Wes was a perfect fit in NE and has become exactly what they hoped he would. Numbers don't lie btw.

And San Diego was a very desperate team trying to save their season, they gave up more than they had to. Sucks for them, good deal for us. If we tried to make the same deal with them now, no way we get a 2nd rounder for Chambers.

I would love to have Chad Johnson in a Fins uniform, but two first day picks is just too much. We have so many other needs that I don't see us giving up two picks for a receiver that's going to be in his 8th year this season. Too bad; I really wanted to see Chad in aqua and orange...

IMO we aren't a superstar WR away from the Superbowl therefore I think we will address other more important positions(O&D lines,secondary,linebackers,QB,TE) first with our money. If we bring in some WR's this year I'd look for them to be affordable type guys with less mouth.

NE only traded a 4th rounder for Moss, not a first. ;)
That I already knew. I'm saying.. looking back, Moss was certainly worthy of a #1 or at least #2. They got a bargain for him, and it'd be foolish for Cincinatti to let Chad Johnson walk for a 4th.

Reports say otherwise.
I don't believe in reports at this point. Every Cincinatti reporter is against Chad.

Throughout his tenure in Cincinatti, I've never heard such a thing. As far as I'm concerned, he has an issue with management, not his teammates.

Yupper, Wes was a perfect fit in NE and has become exactly what they hoped he would. Numbers don't lie btw.
lol, actually, numbers lie a lot, but depth charts don't. Wes Welker's numbers should be thanked to facing a LB, safety, or garbage #3/#4 CB for most of the game. He's not worth more than Chad Johnson who is a proven true #1 receiver. Come on now.

And San Diego was a very desperate team trying to save their season, they gave up more than they had to. Sucks for them, good deal for us. If we tried to make the same deal with them now, no way we get a 2nd rounder for Chambers.
Bottom line: Chad Johnson is worth more than Wes Welker and/or Chris Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom