Bringing Chad to the Fins would be more expensive than we thought. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bringing Chad to the Fins would be more expensive than we thought.

No one will outbid Dan Snyder if he really wants him.

I don't want to outbid anyone for his services. I like him, but not at a team cost.

That I already knew. I'm saying.. looking back, Moss was certainly worthy of a #1 or at least #2. They got a bargain for him, and it'd be foolish for Cincinatti to let Chad Johnson walk for a 4th.
I'm sure if Oakland had a chance to do it all over again they would love a #1. Fact is, because of Moss's behavior and reputation as a pain in the ***, the Raiders had to trade him for far less than what his potential would dictate that they should receive.

Same with Ocho, because of his behavior and reputation (fighting with coaches and teammates, running around the country begging other teams to trade for him, lying that the Bengals were mistreating him when his true motivation was money), the Bengals would have to not only take a huge cap hit for trading him, but also take less than what his talent would normally bring back in a trade (3rd rounder).

I don't believe in reports at this point. Every Cincinatti reporter is against Chad.

Throughout his tenure in Cincinatti, I've never heard such a thing. As far as I'm concerned, he has an issue with management, not his teammates.
Let me ask you 2 questions.

1. Who would you believe?
2. Why do you think every reporter is against him?

lol, actually, numbers lie a lot, but depth charts don't. Wes Welker's numbers should be thanked to facing a LB, safety, or garbage #3/#4 CB for most of the game. He's not worth more than Chad Johnson who is a proven true #1 receiver. Come on now.

Not in this case, NE knew exactly what they were getting in Welker. They knew that he was a tough SOB that would run through walls to make a 3rd down catch and that he would quickly become Brady's go to guy. Ocho on the otherhand was the second option for Cincy when the catches counted as TJ had more 3rd down catches (32 to Ocho's 22) and catches in the redzone (16 catches for 8 td's to Ocho's 8 catches for 5 td's). Wes led NE with 26 3rd down receptions and was 2nd to Moss with 17 catches for 7 Td's in the redzone, which is still more than Ocho had for Cincy. Chad is a great player, but he wasn't Cincy's go to guy when it mattered. And that is what NE payed the steep price of a 2nd and 7th for, a go to guy for Brady when it mattered.

Another thing that can't be overlooked is the fact that Welker is a high character guy, which is the polar opposite of Ocho Cinco.

Bottom line: Chad Johnson is worth more than Wes Welker and/or Chris Chambers.

Chambers yes, Welker no.

Keep in mind that the Chambers trade was a once in a lifetime deal, under no other circumstance would we get a 2nd for Chambers.

The Dolphins need to bring him in ASAP. The more he listens to moneybags in Washington the more he will go there. I say he needs to listen to his cousin Keyshaun and come to Southern Florida. Heck, I'd even take both. Make it happen!

Let him go there if he is "eager to land a hefty new contract" He is already like 30 anyways.

The Skins trade rumor is BS. The Skins are in such deep **** financially they're going to be lucky to sign their draft picks, much less a guy like Ocho.

it would be nice to have chad in miami. but lets be realistic, for us to nab him, it would take cincy flat out releasing him ( in your dreams ), or them agreeing to a lousy offer of a 3rd + a player or less ! I highly doubt Bill gives up one 1st day pick, let alone two, for CJ when he can easily bring in some of the vets that should be available to sign, and draft a guy in the 2-5 round range.

Also, i haven't heard a single thing about Roy Williams possibly being available, aside from here at FH, but i'd take him over CJ in 1/10 a second.

hmmm...
Rebuild the team, or bring in CJ.
I'd choose to rebuild the team. Chad would be unhappy here, first we would have to pay him top dollar then we wouldn't be able to afford the numerous positions that we need upgraded. Including the line, who without them means no TD for Oucho Cinco. BUILD THE TEAM, CJ is a roadblock to the dolphins revamping for the future.

Receivers can be found all over the draft. Don't waste your picks, salary cap, and maybe even players on a malcontent like Chad Johnson. If you see the way he is acting now just wait till he isn't happy with the Fins. Then he will start this crap all over again. Players like Chad Johnson and TO only care about themselves and aren't worth the price, as talented as they are.

The Skins trade rumor is BS. The Skins are in such deep **** financially they're going to be lucky to sign their draft picks, much less a guy like Ocho.
All of the Chad Johnson trade rumors are BS, the Bengals have already said he isn't going anywhere and they would take a pretty big cap hit if they did trade him. Ocho will have to live with his current contract and deal with it.

If CJ was the player that would put us over the top....give the house for him. He is not though. You need a QB to throw to him, a line to block for that QB, and a D that can put him on the field....We don't have any of these ( jury still out on Beck). Draft Draft Draft S.O.S. Save Our Selections!!!!!

One of the best things he would do for this team is bring more fans out to the stadium on game day, but I'm all against setting this team back for only one player.

Back
Top Bottom