Bryan Cox or Zach Thomas | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Cox or Zach Thomas

Well, I'm definitely not the biggest Zach Thomas fan, and I'm certain he won't be in the Hall of Fame, but I would take him over Bryan Cox every time. He was a much better overall player and a much better leader for the defense. And, you didn't have to worry about him taking a stupid 15 yard personal foul penalty all the time. Cox was talented, but he was also a hothead who was easily goaded by his opponents.

And I'd take Offerdahl over Cox too.

My thoughts exactly Bryan was a game changer sometimes good sometimes bad. To me Zach was so consistent in his play how could you not take Zach over Bryan. However, I think Zach had a better team around him over the years.....which doesn't hurt

Maybe I would also. If he could stay healthy.....

Well, if longevity matters, then Zach is #1. I thought we were talking about who was top at their peak. My ranking of Dolphin MLB's on that basis:

1) Offerdahl
2) Bounticoni/Thomas - tie
4) Cox

Purely subjective, of course.

If we're talking at their peak, you take Bryan Cox. If we're talking the long haul, you have to take Zach Thomas.

Zach was always good and NEVER great. He was consistent and stable but NOT a game changer.

I'll always remember him being one of those work horse players with a big heart but simply not enough talent to make it to the TOP level (a la Wayne Chrebet).

So do you want the captain and leader of your defense to be a game changer, or one of the most consistent to ever play the position? I for one take the later. I would also say if you tackle more than anyone ever has, you could be considered a every single play changer or game changer, what ever you prefer!

No offence but that might be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. How in the hell can the tackles be overrated for a Linebacker? Thats like saying RBI's are overrated for a clean up hitter.
NYjunc dosen't like Zack

Offerdahl was probably the best...but between Cox and Thomas, that's a toss-up.

I always liked Cox's attitude, like him flipping the Bills crowd off. He put some pretty crazy hits on people too. Zach did it here for longer (didn't quite have Cox's attitude) and put it all on the line everytime out.

Tough call. I liked em both.

No, you're missing the obvious.

Our defense was DESIGNED to filter the plays to the middle linebacker when Zach was here. Those tackle stats reflect that.

When Brian played here it was a totally different defense. Cox went on to play for the jests and Parcells and made plenty of big plays for them. Zach hasn't fared well since he left here.

Zach was an excellent lb, because he was so smart, dedicated & focused. Cox was more of the typical, tough, bigger, much more intimidating type of athelete. I liked them both, but if I had to pick one it would be Brian Cox.
that's how i know you are full of ****. Zach has only played with one other team and that's dallas. and he was very instrumental to them. AND he was 35 years old. of course cox did better on other teams, he left miami after his 5th season. he was still young.

Has Zach's legend diminished? Maybe enough time hasn't gone by since he stopped playing to polish up his legacy. He is our greatest MLB. Bryan was awesome because he had to move around so much and became such a different yet excellent player depending whether he played inside or out. He was terrific playmaker. And as great as Offerdahl was (and he was very great) Zach was still better.

Zach had an amazing dline to play with but there was a complete inability to run against that defense. Completely eliminating a running game is pretty game changing. As a leader and player he was uniquely great. I don't only give the edge in consistency but in comparing peaks and the ability to contribute to the effectiveness of our D.

i liked bryan cox, but i have to go with my favorite dolphin of all time, zach thomas.

Back
Top Bottom