Bryan Cox or Zach Thomas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Cox or Zach Thomas

If you have to choose a better football player it's ZT hands down, he loved the game and was a genius at comprehending and reading all offenses. If there was one man who was going to play with all his heart for 60 minutes it was Zach... He is one of the most memorable Dolphins in my generation.

Cox played middle and outside linebacker. They were two different types of players really. Cox was a ferocious pass-rusher while Zach was more of a pit bull that tackled everything coming his way (and was a pretty good coverage LB in his prime). Cox could be great but he cost the team a lot more with dumb personal fouls and he played out of control at times. Zach was much more in control and steady so I give the nod to Zach.

I know I'm getting old when I can reference players that the next generation of Dolphans (God bless you all) never saw play.

I think it boils down to the D you play. ZT is not good in a 3-4. I watched him play, because I get.....EVERY.....SINGLE....DALLAS....COWBOYS games...in a 3-4. It wasn't pretty. Stats don't tell every story. He was overmatched...Granted, he was old, but, at the same time, he isn't a ILB. He's a MLB.

Cox could play anywhere. He was not as mentally talented, but, more physically talented, and, he was a no - **** tough guy. My freind Finfang pointed out how he challenged a whole benchload of football players to fight. None of them stirred. There was no question in my mind that Bryan was ready to kill every single one of them, and, thought he could. It's a question of mindset.

They both were great Dolphins. I will take Cox. The guy is the closest thing I've ever seen to Ray Lewis playing for the Dolphins.

Dude was intimidating as hell out on the field, neck pad and all...he just looked like he wanted to murder the opposing players.

Definitely one of my all-time favorites.

cox-1.jpg

Really, between Louis Oliver and Bryan Cox...we had two of the hardest hitters on our team's history..on the same team, at the same time.

Pretty cool.

cox was awesome he was feared, but zach thomas was a lot better, to date he remains one of the most smartest mlb's of all time he is as good as running a defense, as peyton manning running an offense

Which was the most feared of the two LB's? Which one was better? (I know 1 was a mlb & 1 was an olb)

most feared was cox without a doubt. dude was vicious.

thomas was better b/c he was the more consistent of the two. you knew what you were getting every sunday. cox was the wildcard - nobody knew what would happen.

if both were in their prime - i'd take cox to be on this team right now. talk about ideal for our present situation.

that's how i know you are full of ****. Zach has only played with one other team and that's dallas. and he was very instrumental to them. AND he was 35 years old. of course cox did better on other teams, he left miami after his 5th season. he was still young.

Full of what? :rolleyes2:

Zach was signed by the Chiefs in the off season & then let go. Your mouth is making checks that you simply cannot pay off, and I mean simply as in verrrrrry simple. :d-day:

If you think he was 'very instrumental' to the Cowboys you obviously didn't watch any of those games. Zach was a great player & a great LB, & I've always liked him but without Tim Bowens in front of him he would have gotten run over in many of those games.

Back
Top Bottom