Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans

Originally posted by juniorseau55

Nobody likes the dolphins out of state, if anything the majority of nfl fans in most states hate the dolphins.

Not the case man. The Fins have historically been one of the most popular franchises and are always in the top numbers of merchandise sold. (Haven't looked at where they rank since Marino retired though). The Fins have also been among the top teams in merchandise sold internationally as well. I know they were 3rd behind Dallas and Oakland in Mexico a couple of years ago. You don't sell a crapload of merchandise by not having a fan base outside of your home city.

Miami Dolphins is mostly composed of fans all over florida but mostly in the area of Miami and Fort Lauderdale because they can afford to go to the games.

Isn't that like any team bud?
That's really going out on a limb.
Falcon fans are mostly in and around Atlanta....
Most Steeler fans compose the Pittsburgh PA. area....
St. Louis houses the highest percentage of Ram fans....

Come on.

It's a numbers game. The fins have one of the biggest fan base which means the more fans there are , there more fairweathered fans there will be and loyal fans as well. People remember or take note of the FW fans than the loyal ones. Fw fans make more noise than the loyal ones. People hear the booos more than the cheers.

I think alot of the transplants who have children that grow up as FIN FANs end up back where their parents came from. Thats what happened to me. Most of my moms family is from Michigan and dads from Ohio any alternative to SO. FL is usually to ones roots.

Pre Brett Farve when the pack was losin, you would see hudreds and hudreds of people in front of Lambeau fannng out hudreds and hundreds of tickets for sale lss than face value for them. Im sure they ended up eating alot of those tix and im sure if you checked the gate attendance againt the supposed sell season ticket holder sell out you would find a big discrepancy

Joe Robbie was NOT built with baseball in mind. Do some research on the architect firm that built the place and you will find out that it along with Erricson stadium in NC are the best fottball viewing venues in the league. Not a bad site line in the place. Baseball wasnt even a consideration which is obvious when you look @ the foul lines and erratic fence depths.

I urge all FIN FANs to stay away from the place when we suk, what better way to send a message to ownership about our expectations. Funk yes were fickle who wants to watch a loser

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Not the case man. The Fins have historically been one of the most popular franchises and are always in the top numbers of merchandise sold. (Haven't looked at where they rank since Marino retired though). The Fins have also been among the top teams in merchandise sold internationally as well. I know they were 3rd behind Dallas and Oakland in Mexico a couple of years ago. You don't sell a crapload of merchandise by not having a fan base outside of your home city.

Isn't that like any team bud?
That's really going out on a limb.
Falcon fans are mostly in and around Atlanta....
Most Steeler fans compose the Pittsburgh PA. area....
St. Louis houses the highest percentage of Ram fans....

Come on.

You don't have to be a dolphins fan in order to buy the jersey. You can be a miami heat fan and buy a michael jordan jersey because he is your favorite player. Knowing there are retailers all over every city in the usa and knowing how popular the sport is you can be a top seller out of 1 or 2 players in your team. Such as the St Louis Rams which since 99 they have been a top seller just because of Marshal Faulk and Kurt warner. Also you have to look at apparel sold for infants and children, sometimes they just buy the apparel just because it looks good. It doesn't mean that all the sales are made by the team's fans when at times most of the sales are based on the popularity of the player and the appeal. Many people loved Dan Marino and bought his jersey because he was their favorite player or quarterback. Ricky Williams is a Popular player and many people just buy his jersey because he is a great runningback not because he is a dolphin. Larry Csonka, Griese, Strock were also players that people really liked as players and not because of their team.

now....

About where most fin fans come from..... Read before you post, someone asked the question or made a statement about it. Also I am not your bud. lol

Back
Top Bottom