Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryan Cox's comments about Miami Fans

Originally posted by juniorseau55
First of all, what in the hell are you all talking about? Most of the Miami Dolphin fans are in the area of miami and the cities nearby florida. The area of miami if you all ever been to Miami which most of you are talking out of your ***, loves the marlins, Heat but love the dolphins a lot more. It sounds like that guy was making the bitter excuse to call himself a miami fan out of state cause he doesn't feel loyal enough. Marlins do suck but people stil watch them, they aren't the only team in the league where there is a lack of fan support. The hispanic comment that idiot made makes no sense at all and he should do some research before spilling his beans. Hispanics pump up the economy down here in Miami.

Dolphin Fans in Florida such as my self date back to the 60's 70's. If you do any research my friend, watch our away games and look at the people that are actually wearing Dolphin shirts. That would equal a base percentage of the fin fans in that city.

You need to explain this, because you've contradicted yourself. Either the vast majority of fans are in and around Miami, or we've got a ton of fans living in other NFL cities around the country. You can't have both. Clarify please.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Pipe down.
I do go to games..I was just at the Texans one. If you thought it was loud at that game then maybe you don't know the defintion of loud. Guess what? I don't live in your community. Do I live under a rock? No. I live around a bunch of Tampa fans. Only people you'll catch here are are middle-aged/old farts wearing Dolphin stuff for the most part.

Dude...if you live in or around Tampa then of COURSE you aren't going to see a lot of 20 somethings wearing Phin colors. All 10 of them are probably Bucs fans....:lol:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

wtf are you talking about?....dude, go ask your next-door neighbor who the QB of the Miami Dolphins is....bet you he doesnt know...most Miami fans still think Marino is the qb....there's no allegiance down there.
The fans don't tailgate unless there's a Starbucks:lol:
Dolphin fans arrive midway through the first quarter and leave midway through the 3rd to "beat the traffic":lol:

pathetic fanbase...i heard Pro Player was so quiet last Sunday that you could've taken your midterm exams there:roflmao:

Way off base man. I was born and raised in South Florida and I've never met anyone who stopped rooting for the Phins if they ever started. And if you're questioning tailgating at Joe Robbie, I can only assume you've never been there. Not only do they tailgate there, they actually cook something other than bratts and wings. You haven't tailgated until you've eaten a fresh caught Florida lobster in the lot outside Joe Robbie. Get a clue man, rabid Phin fans are as dedicated as any other fanbase in the NFL.

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Way off base man. I was born and raised in South Florida and I've never met anyone who stopped rooting for the Phins if they ever started. And if you're questioning tailgating at Joe Robbie, I can only assume you've never been there. Not only do they tailgate there, they actually cook something other than bratts and wings. You haven't tailgated until you've eaten a fresh caught Florida lobster in the lot outside Joe Robbie. Get a clue man, rabid Phin fans are as dedicated as any other fanbase in the NFL.
and where were they last Sunday Phin?...very quiet, especially for a home opener

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Where are you getting this?
S. Florida is the 17th largest DMA in the country and is quickly moving towards if it hasn't already moved into the top 15 right behind Tampa FL.
A little confused on this info. May want to check your facts.

Sorry, I meant in the applicable demographic. Take away the seniors that are too old to go to games and you drop us back down. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw the stat, so you can ignore it if you like.

and where were they last Sunday Phin?...very quiet, especially for a home opener

As I said, I don't consider Phin fans to be fickle, but I do think we're spoiled. I'm sure much of the crowd expected a blow-out, and when we were stinking the place up they sulked. Quite honestly, if the players aren't going to show up for the game, I can't really blame the fans for not showing up either. If the players were giving 100% I can assure you that the fans would have responded.

Here's a thought - Cox is an idiot! He is looking for attention. He bitches about every place that he leaves. You want fickle, come to NE. When they had lousy teams they got 20,000 fans per game. Miami has 59,000 season ticket holders. You can't say there is no support. People in NE are already burying the Pats. Fickle is common among all teams in all sports. The debate is dumb, let's just focus on being fans.

You need to explain this, because you've contradicted yourself. Either the vast majority of fans are in and around Miami, or we've got a ton of fans living in other NFL cities around the country. You can't have both. Clarify please.

Nobody likes the dolphins out of state, if anything the majority of nfl fans in most states hate the dolphins. Miami Dolphins is mostly composed of fans all over florida but mostly in the area of Miami and Fort Lauderdale because they can afford to go to the games. The ones that have to travel have to spend a lot of money on tolls, gas and the list goes on. I am in Orlando, Florida and it sucks to go down there sometimes.

Originally posted by juniorseau55

Nobody likes the dolphins out of state, if anything the majority of nfl fans in most states hate the dolphins. Miami Dolphins is mostly composed of fans all over florida but mostly in the area of Miami and Fort Lauderdale because they can afford to go to the games. The ones that have to travel have to spend a lot of money on tolls, gas and the list goes on. I am in Orlando, Florida and it sucks to go down there sometimes.

You obviously haven't traveled much. You also don't know a lot about the population of South Florida. It's a very transient popultaion, not only for immigration from the north but also EMMIGRATION to other areas FROM South Florida. Plenty of kids are born here only to move, or have their families move out of state. Now, I'll agree that plenty of OTHER teams fans hate the Phins, but you're out of your mind if you think that the only place you'll find Phin fans is in South Florida. Look at the population of South Florida that's in the demographic to buy NFL jerseys. Do you REALLY think that number is large enough to make Ricky Williams the #2 selling NFL jersey? I've lived in the NorthEast, and Texas, and I can safely say that after the local teams, every place I've ever lived has had the Phins as the team with the most "expat" fans. Heck, just look at this board versus the Jets or Bills board. Look at home many fans on this site aren't local to Miami. Get a clue man, that's the nature of South Florida.

Whoever said that UM doesn't have sellout crowds, obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. UM sold out on its season tickets as soon as they went on sale! Miami fans are a very hard bunch to please, but they do stay loyal, I have and many others too.

Sorry, I meant in the applicable demographic. Take away the seniors that are too old to go to games and you drop us back down. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw the stat, so you can ignore it if you like.

No biggie, just curious. I think what you saw was actual city population sizes. The city of Miami is like 48th in the country but that is simply because the area is divided into many different city governments where some of the larger cities have a much greater area under its municipal borders. S. Florida as an area is a very large market and catching others.

Originally posted by Muck

I think those figures are from the '99 season.

This is true Muck but what a lot of people are pointing out is actual arses in seats attendance figures. A lot of our sales are corp. bought seats especially lower level. These people while purchasing tix are purchasing simply for business perks to clients and the result IMO is a lot of people going to the stadium that could really give a crap. Going to games ever since Joe Robbie has opened... I can tell you that a whole new fan base was born in S. Florida. The Yuppie..... come halfway into the 2nd quarter and leave halfway through the 3rd quarter crowd was born. I witness it every single game except for the Monday nighters.

If you took a stat of actual attendance and not just ticket sales we would be slacking compared to others in the league.
It is getting better though.

"Nobody likes the dolphins out of state, if anything the majority of nfl fans in most states hate the dolphins. Miami Dolphins is mostly composed of fans all over florida but mostly in the area of Miami and Fort Lauderdale because they can afford to go to the games. The ones that have to travel have to spend a lot of money on tolls, gas and the list goes on. I am in Orlando, Florida and it sucks to go down there sometimes."

man you are talkin' outta your arse....

i've lived in 8 different states and NEVER had a problem finding other phin fans. it's like a beacon, the nod, the "nice(fill-in-with-whatever-phins-paraphenalia)". then your talkin games, players etc. yes other teams fans dislike the phins, but, ya know what? there are some teams i dislike as well.

it would seem to me that south florida with all it's transplanted fans would be a more diluted fan base. try traveling out side of your neighborhood sometime just to look around. it's not as jaded as you believe.

Maybe we're all just bi-polar?

And as far as no Dolphins fan outside FL, I'm from Iowa and I remember going to last year's game at the Vikings and seeing a lot of people wearing Dolphins stuff. Here is a link to a post where I wondered where all of you guys are from. A lot of people from everywhere.
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17505

Last edited by a moderator:

wtf are you talking about?....dude, go ask your next-door neighbor who the QB of the Miami Dolphins is....bet you he doesnt know...most Miami fans still think Marino is the qb....there's no allegiance down there.
The fans don't tailgate unless there's a Starbucks:lol:
Dolphin fans arrive midway through the first quarter and leave midway through the 3rd to "beat the traffic":lol:

pathetic fanbase...i heard Pro Player was so quiet last Sunday that you could've taken your midterm exams there:roflmao:

By far this is the most stupidest thing you've ever said. You're obviously a bills fan who lives in Miami just hating on us. "Most Miami fans still think Marino is the qb"?? Are you okay? There's no reason to result to stupidity when you've been outspoken. "Dolphin fans arrive midway thru the first qt"? Dude, we start tailgating at 9:00 am at Joe Robbie lots with many Fin fans. Just because you try to dodge the home crowd by getting to your seat midway first quarter, and notice maybe 3 fans showed up late and drunk FROM still tailgating in the lots, doesn't mean "everyone". Stop hating and saying ridiculous things.

Back
Top Bottom