Bryant Johnson belongs in Miami... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant Johnson belongs in Miami...

rayfinkle5

Starter
Reaction score
Ted Ginn is clearly the deep threat receiver on this team and any mention of him as only a return man by our new staff will not be made. Our "possession" receiver, Marty Booker, under performed in the role last year and has subsequently been released, leaving a void for a big, tall, and athletic receiver. I have read all the names and seen all the posts and it is my opinion that Bryant Johnson is the best fit! This team has money to spend on FA’s and I am of the belief the bulk of it should go toward…DEFENSE. However, the offensive side of the ball should not be ignored and the combination of talent and the bargain price tag make Johnson an excellent choice.

Bryant Johnson is 6’3", 216 pounds and 27 years of age. He has sure hands, is big enough to go over the middle, and his size makes him a solid red zone threat.

Other options:
Trading for Chad Johnson: Costs too much in trade, costs too much in salary. This move will limit other moves.
Bernard Berrian: Shorter, lighter and same age. Too similar in size to Ginn and will cost more.
Andre Davis: Shorter, lighter and older. Not exactly an over the middle or possession guy.
Devery Henderson: Also shorter and lighter but he is younger (25). He has a problem with dropping balls. A problem I don’t think anyone here in Miami is willing to take the time to correct.
Drew Carter: Similar in height but 15 pounds lighter. He is younger (25) but not as athletic or as physical.

Bryant Johnson was a 1st round pick in the 2003 NFL draft. He was selected 17th overall by the Arizona Cardinals who also selected Anquan Boldin that year with the 54th pick. Boldin adapted quicker to the NFL with 101 receptions, 1377 yards, and 8 TD’s. He was named Rookie of the Year and was selected to the Pro Bowl. Arizona then selected Larry Fitzgerald 3rd overall in the 2004 draft. The combination of Boldin and Fitzgerald has left little room for Bryant to grow into the Arizona offense. As a former first round pick overshadowed by two other talents he now has the opportunity to play elsewhere and show why he was selected 17th overall. He has four years experience in the league and some believe he is ready to breakout once out from under Boldin and Fitzgerald. As the 3rd option in Arizona he has not been beaten up, nor has he posted numbers that would command a huge FA contract. This guy is big. This guy is talented. This guy is a bargain!

Finally, the pick that Arizona used to select Johnson was acquired in a trade with the New Orleans Saints. The Saints acquired the pick in a trade with…the Miami Dolphins for Ricky Williams. Bryant Johnson was selected with Miami’s 2003 first round pick. He belongs here!

I'm on board. I like Johnson too.
I would not be surprised if other teams are thinking the same though.

Johnson I would like to be here, as long as it's not crazy money.

I would like him to be here and if we dont get him i would like Berian from the Bears

this guy has been flying under the radar behind boldin and fitz so lets see what hes got. wouldn't hurt much and from what ive heard the guy has a hell of an upside to him.

Finally, the pick that Arizona used to select Johnson was acquired in a trade with the New Orleans Saints. The Saints acquired the pick in a trade with…the Miami Dolphins for Ricky Williams. Bryant Johnson was selected with Miami’s 2003 first round pick. He belongs here!

I like your logic. Well, in that case.... Let's bring him home.

I'd rather trade for Roy Williams, but if we brought in B. Johnson, I would have no problems at all.

trading for Roy Williams will cost us draft picks. Unless we can get a package Deal then no. I want Bryant Johnson on this team Really bad.

See, This is what I hope happens. We sign Berrian and Johnson, because Johnson would be a GREAT slot WR and the Possesion WR we need, badly, and berrian- Ginn-Johnson is sounding really uber right about now.

I'm all for Bryant Johnson or Bernard Berrian, but with Ted Ginn penciled in as the #1 WR, Johnson probably makes the most sense with his size.

I just want the spending on a WR low. Again, we have used two valuable drafts over the last couple of years on WR and we still have no QB we can be sure of to even throw the Ball.

Back
Top Bottom