Bryant Johnson belongs in Miami... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant Johnson belongs in Miami...

Hackett might be franchised by Seattle. Also, keep in mind he has suffered quite a few injuries in such a short career.

Other teams might be having wet dreams about Johnson, but I guarantee you they're having nightmares about being in a bidding war with Miami. The team simply has too much cap to play with.

If we blow a bunch of cap space on bryant johnson I'm gonna cancel my sunday ticket subscription.

If he comes at a decent price than fine, but don't go blowing a bunch of money on a former first rounder who hasn't proven jack.

we can use fitz and boldin as excuses all day, but when the sun goes down, he's just another first rounder that doesn't see the field as much as a first rounder should.

too risky to blow a bunch of money on.

but if the price is right than fine by me.

BJ will be allowed to walk because Ariz has 18mil to LF and two solid young LB's as FA's in K.Dansby and C.Pace. They need to improve on defense not at wr, so I highly doubt their paying him to stay.I think we could trade with Detroit aswell for R.Williams - send them C.Crowder/M.Roth/D.Hagen/T.Daniels .
That would be Stupid if we sent them all those guys the only Player that i would want to send them is Matt Roth

I could see Andre Davis the others are too expensive, IMO we will sink our big money into our lines, secondary,LB's,TE,QB.

I could be very, very wrong because I have only seen Johnson play a few games, but he reminds me of Derrius Thompson.

Im really surprised that everyone is so hot on him,

Im even a PSU fan and i want DJ Hackett.

easy with the hyperbole

we need to sign a FA and I don't see how Hackett's resume is so much more special than Johnson's

we certainly can't go into the season with Ginn, dropsie and a rookie at WR

I prefer Johnson but I think a few fans wanting depth does not qualifiy as "everyone is hot for him"

Id rather see Berrian here than Johnson. Johnson would be my last option. not saying that is bad, he is probably the cheapest FA wr out there

I like the guy, but we need a proven WR. Not a WR we hope can improve.

He has never had a 100yd game. Arizona drafted 2 WR's while he was on that team, if he was that good he would have started already. I think he would make a good 3WR.

Finally, the pick that Arizona used to select Johnson was acquired in a trade with the New Orleans Saints. The Saints acquired the pick in a trade with…the Miami Dolphins for Ricky Williams. Bryant Johnson was selected with Miami’s 2003 first round pick. He belongs here!

the pick Arizona used to select BJ was New Orleans original 1st round pick. the pick that NO received from us was #18, which Arizona also received with their trade with NO and used to draft Calvin Pace. So by your logic, it is Calvin Pace who belongs in Miami, not Bryant Johnson. ;)

That being said....I would like to see Johnson brought in.

i dont get what is up with some people and this "spending" problem. dude, we have "OVER" $37mil of salary cap space! We can pay premium on a number of players. chill out. BP, spend on...

:shakeno: That kind of thinking is precisely what got us into the severe cap trouble we were in prior to Saban's arrival. You don't spend money on overpriced free agents until you're that one player away from being able to go to the Super Bowl. You want to blow a third of our cap on one player when we're at least two years from having anything resembling success, when the only real way to get better is the draft, period.

Look at the Chargers and the success they've had - their players are drafted. Look at the Colts - players drafted. Look at the Pats (who, it should be noted, splurged on free agents and still didn't win a championship) - the majority of the pieces critical to their team were drafted or people who went undrafted picked up off of the trash heap.

The point I'm making is, drafting and developing talent is the only way to have anything approaching success in this league, not overpaying for names so that people like you can buy a new jersey.

Yea, thats not very likely bro..

Rotoworld...
Hackett short-armed a pass when he saw Atari Bigby approach early, and was barely seen again. His ankle injury could have affected him. Hackett needs to stay healthier, but he might be the top receiver available if he hits the free agent market. Look for Seattle to everything they can to keep him, including possibly using the franchise tag. And look for us to love him again as a value pick again after three 100-yard efforts in games this season.

Seems likely to me!

Back
Top Bottom