Bryant Johnson belongs in Miami... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant Johnson belongs in Miami...

Update:

On February 14th the Arizona Cardinals placed the franchise tag on LB Dansby. This means that WR Bryant Johnson will become a free agent on February 29th if the Cardinals do not get a deal done to resign Johnson by then. Considering the team is in talks with Larry Fitzgerald to get a long term deal done by the end of the month, Bryant Johnson seems to be the odd man out and will hit the free agent market.

Young, talented and undervalued free agents are exciting. No trading players or draft picks and only paying what you deem a player is worth is the only way to do business. Miami should do there best to sell this guy on the rebuilding process and make him feel like a valuable piece of the puzzle. With no Fitzgerald, Boldin, Chambers or even Booker, the opportunity for Johnson to come here and have an impact may be enough to sign him for less. Given the fact this guy is a recent 1st rounder who has yet to meet expectations you have to believe an opportunity to play and prove himself will be a major deciding factor on where to sign. What better place than Miami? And what better bargain for us?

Hackett would be a better choice than Johnson. Even though he has been injured he has more upside than Johnson. Johnson is mediocre at best.
Berrian is very overrated- he has average hands, doesn't run routes that well and is an awful blocker.

I'd take johnson over berrian and hackett, and I'm not high on johnson at all... ask anybody they will tell you, it's in most of my posts.

That's not to say I couldn't warm up to the guy a bit. I do like his size, I'm just really troubled by the fact that he's a 1st rounder who didn't work out. Is he motivated? What first rounder gets beat out a 2nd rounder and 1st rounder of a year later. Fitz is a freak, and boldin is solid, but johnson should be much more solid than he has shown. Fitz was probably a can't miss prospect, I would have to check back at who was still on the board when the cards picked. But did this dude just pack it in and say screw these guys are better than me? what's his general attitude, does he want to get better or is he content to sit behind fitz and anquon.

off to do some research... back after bit!!!

Don't be surprised if the Eagles sign Bryant Johnson within the first couple of days in FA.

I'd take Bryant Johnson over the majority of other options out there at WR. I agree he's been underutilized in Arizona behind Boldin and Fitzgerald. He's cheaper than Roy Williams, faster than Keyshawn, and less of a potential headache than Chad Johnson, all of whom have been mentioned as potential Dolphins in the past. I think he makes a lot of sense for our team.

Williams costs more than BJ because he's a much better player, not even close. CJ, while a headache, also is a far superior talent than BJ.

I wouldn't mind signing BJ as a 3rd receiver if he comes at a 3rd WR price, but he's done nothing in 5 years to lead anyone to think he's more than a role player.

I hope Bryant Johnson comes here. Finally get some Penn State blood on this team. :up:

Penn State boooooooooo.... oh the good Syracuse memories back in the days with you guys. then the nittanies had to pull the plug on playing us forever.

but yippee Bryant Johnson!!!

You have stated this over and over again in several threads. Once again, there is ZERO truth to him losing out to Urban, ZERO. He has ranked right along starting wide recievers in every catagory every single year he has been in the NFL, but is still a third reciever.

How many games have you seen of him have you seen?

There is ZERO truth to BJ ranking along starting WRs in every category every year. You're talking about a guy that in 5 years in the league hasn't had more than 87 yards in a game and that includes a few starts here and there. A quality 3rd WR should get a 100 yard game at some point over a 5 year span.

johnson has never really steped up when he has had the chance to start

He's never really stepped up period. 5 years and he's done nothing to suggest he'll ever be more than a 3rd WR, an average 3rd WR at that. We happen to need a 2nd and 3rd WR, so I wouldn't mind getting him as our 3rd for a reasonable price, but I wouldn't be very excited about getting him here either.

I'd take johnson over berrian and hackett, and I'm not high on johnson at all... ask anybody they will tell you, it's in most of my posts.

That's not to say I couldn't warm up to the guy a bit. I do like his size, I'm just really troubled by the fact that he's a 1st rounder who didn't work out. Is he motivated? What first rounder gets beat out a 2nd rounder and 1st rounder of a year later. Fitz is a freak, and boldin is solid, but johnson should be much more solid than he has shown. Fitz was probably a can't miss prospect, I would have to check back at who was still on the board when the cards picked. But did this dude just pack it in and say screw these guys are better than me? what's his general attitude, does he want to get better or is he content to sit behind fitz and anquon.

off to do some research... back after bit!!!

I knew an offensive lineman who was in camp with the Cards a few years ago and he said BJ appeared to be Az's best WR even over Fitz/Boldin... in practice. For whatever reason, when it counts he's just not the same guy he is in practice. Charles Jordan syndrome I guess...

I knew an offensive lineman who was in camp with the Cards a few years ago and he said BJ appeared to be Az's best WR even over Fitz/Boldin... in practice. For whatever reason, when it counts he's just not the same guy he is in practice. Charles Jordan syndrome I guess...

All i have to say to you.... Mr. General Tso.... is that you need to change your name and your picture, cause it is making me immensely hungry, and i jsut want to eat and eat and eat now at this late time.

I think he could be a nice #2

I would rather draft a Plaxico clone

I think he could be a nice #2

I would rather draft a Plaxico clone

i think Bryant Johnson would be a fine #1 for now. possibly draft a WR this year... or jsut move on that next season in FA or the draft. i do like Bryant though to come to this team for a good many years though!!!

I have a hunch that one way or another were going to end up with at least one Johnson on our team by the end of this offseason hahaha :lol:

i think Bryant Johnson would be a fine #1 for now. possibly draft a WR this year... or jsut move on that next season in FA or the draft. i do like Bryant though to come to this team for a good many years though!!!

What makes you think Bryant Johnson will ever be a fine #1? There's 5 years of evidence that shows he's an average #3.

Back
Top Bottom