Bryant McKinney visits Fins, takes physical | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinney visits Fins, takes physical

He's on his last leg but still has some gas left. Not sure he can make it through entire season though. I wonder If we do sign would it be for LT or RT?

it's an immediate solution that will solve the vacancy this year. Maybe we have our LT in jonathan martin and mckinney is the mentor....

Take a look at all the GMs that took the OTs at the top of the 1st. All 1st year GMs or HCs. They all took the "safe" pick. I feel like Ireland has finally understood what this game is about these days. PLAYMAKERS!!

I personally think Martin is our LT when the season starts.

Isn't he visiting the Chargers today or tomorrow too?

I guess he isn't anymore. I'm also gonna guess that we are looking for a 1 year solution in order to develop the younger guys to take over, and Winston was set on a multi year commitment. He probably wasn't willing to settle for less than 2 years. IMO I'd rather have Winston as I feel he is more durable, but this does address a need and it will be a help. I'm not against it, so much as it isn't the move I would have made but hey, our o-line is better and Tanny should be safe. That's what counts.

Oh jesus, this guy is going to single handily run this franchise into the ground.

Interesting that both Winston and McKinney have stated their preference is ti sign with Miami. Hope it get's done before the weekend. I'm sick of talking about the OL already.

I believe that the team is all in for this year but, realistically targeting 2014 to be a legit contender, giving Philbin time to fit the pieces in place for his O.

On the OL, Pouncey is perfect. Jerry or Lewis should fit nicely. Thomas or Samuda should be ready to take Cog's place. This gives us an athletic interior OL, and works for Philbin.

At LT, a Long, Albert, Peters, Monroe, etc. are going to protect Tannehill's back for at least a few years; and McKinney for one. This allows a bigger, stronger, athletic Martin at RT for moving pockets, roll outs, and, Dare I Say, screens. Sounds like a pretty good idea.

However, you have to look at other options if getting these players does not make sense, and cost too much. Martin and Winston is risky but, could be OK for a year. Not what coaches want but, Ya Can't Always Get What Ya Want.

Experts say it takes at least a year or more to develop guys on the OL, and that is what Philbin is doing

JMO

I think we will release Misi or Odrick, maybe also a couple special teamers to create room for mckinney's dough, along with the rookie contracts

NO WAY we release these guys.. we release one of our two overpaid CBs before that. Odrick is very solid and Misi is fine.

Oh jesus, this guy is going to single handily run this franchise into the ground.

Let me remind you that even with Marino, the front office made a ton of bad moves during his era. In no way has Ireland done anything to make this team worse off or less competitve. give me your reasoning behind your statement that this off season hasn't been the most productive and beneficial to the team's return to success.

Back
Top Bottom