Bryant McKinney visits Fins, takes physical | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinney visits Fins, takes physical

I would be happy with letting RT Martin sit for a year or two and gain some strength before he sees the field as a starter. I would also be happy to sign a one year - two year deal with McKinney and sign Winston to s 3-4 year deal.

Interesting part is, by cutting Carp and Patterson plus Bess cap money total around $10.0

Plenty of money to sign two of the rumored tackles. Winston at RT and McKinnie? I believe Clabo plays RT as well?

I'm still one for signing either Winston or Clabo and let Martin handle LT. I just don't see McKinnie doing much but delaying Martins progress.

Plus as others have mentioned, will he have real motivation? 33 already won a ring? Showed up to camp beyond fat the past two years.

NFL Mobile just posted video of this news. there's your LT solution. Ireland is officially a competent GM.

HOMER ALERT!! HOMER ALERT!!

so, how do you know he isnt going to play RIGHT tackle?

if so, would ireland then go back to his old INCOMPETENT self? :confused:

HOMER ALERT!! HOMER ALERT!!

so, how do you know he isnt going to play RIGHT tackle?

if so, would ireland then go back to his old INCOMPETENT self? :confused:

McKinnie appeared in 164 career games with 147 starts, all of them at LT including last year's playoffs. not sold he's the solution, but he's a LT. always has been.

I Admitted My Opinion Was Not A Good by Saying I Stand Corrected.

What's Pointless Is The Continued Criticism On This Forum Because Not All Of Us are Suppositories Inside The GM's Rear Getting The Facts...

Agreed. Overreaction by both sides often happens on these forums, as your "EDITED" reply shows. LOL Your thread started out well enough, and a bit of research would have kept that up. JMO Over, Done, Next.

Bryant McKinnie - T - Free Agent

The Union-Tribune San Diego's Kevin Acee believes there's a "very good chance" the Chargers sign free agent LT Bryant McKinnie.
The sides had dinner Tuesday, and McKinnie will take a physical on Wednesday. It's unknown if contract terms have been discussed. McKinnie would be the dictionary definition of a stopgap option in San Diego, but even going on 34, he brings more to the table than King Dunlap or Mike Harris.

Last edited by a moderator:
LMAO!!! Misi or Odrick will be released? This is laughable. You think they are gonna throw the money at an aging lineman that is a 1 year stop gap? Not gonna happen. If he signs it will be to a fair deal for 1 year.

As crazy as it sounds Misi is not a lock to make this team. Odrick is, but Misi is not a fit for what we are doing on defense, and we have tons of new players that are. Like it or not Jordan is going to be playing more OLB than DE, his first year. Jenkins and Michael Clay are both going to make the 53, and are going to get some playing time. Misi could be at the same place during the last cut down, as Bess was on draft day. Not saying it is going to happen but Misi could be traded for a 6th rd pick, or straight out cut. He has ZERO playmaking skills. I still say they keep him, but wouldn't faint if they didn't.

As crazy as it sounds Misi is not a lock to make this team. Odrick is, but Misi is not a fit for what we are doing on defense, and we have tons of new players that are. Like it or not Jordan is going to be playing more OLB than DE, his first year. Jenkins and Michael Clay are both going to make the 53, and are going to get some playing time. Misi could be at the same place during the last cut down, as Bess was on draft day. Not saying it is going to happen but Misi could be traded for a 6th rd pick, or straight out cut. He has ZERO playmaking skills. I still say they keep him, but wouldn't faint if they didn't.

He's a lock because he's very inexpensive, played his best football last year before he got hurt and is on a team without a lot of depth at his position.

I think Jordan will be freelancing most of the year, depending on the matchup and pressure point of attack.

I think he is going to have more freedom to roam than any player we've had on defense. I think he is his own position. He's unique. And THAT is VERY VERY UNLIKE Jeff Ireland. Jordan was a game changing pick for us.

Bryant McKinnie - T - Free Agent

The Chargers have made free agent LT Bryant McKinnie an offer, but negotiations are "ongoing."
It appears the sides are closing in on a deal. The Ravens and Dolphins remain in pursuit, but they'll have to pony up to get McKinnie to leave San Diego without a deal. It's all about coin for a player entering the final stages of his NFL career.

McKinnie receives contract offer from San Diego, Miami

According to WNST in Baltimore
McKinnie receives contract offer from San Diego, Miami

http://wnst.net/baltimore-ravens/mckinnie-receives-contract-offers-from-san-diego-miami/
The 33-year-old offensive tackle remained in San Diego on a free-agent visit with the Chargers on Wednesday afternoon and tells WNST.net in a text message that an offer has been made to his agent Michael George. Negotiations continue and the Miami Dolphins have also made an offer, according to McKinnie.

Back
Top Bottom