Bryant McKinney visits Fins, takes physical | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinney visits Fins, takes physical

I think we will release Misi or Odrick, maybe also a couple special teamers to create room for mckinney's dough, along with the rookie contracts

We already have the money. Why would anyone even consider releasing Misi or Odrick? :)

Let me remind you that even with Marino, the front office made a ton of bad moves during his era. In no way has Ireland done anything to make this team worse off or less competitve. give me your reasoning behind your statement that this off season hasn't been the most productive and beneficial to the team's return to success.

No.

NO WAY we release these guys.. we release one of our two overpaid CBs before that. Odrick is very solid and Misi is fine.

there was also no way we released dansby, burnett, let smith go, let long go, let bush go, etc. half of those were about money, the other about scheme and system fit. Odrick is average, with flashes of potential at times, but just because he does the Pee Wee dance, doesn't make him solid.

there was also no way we released dansby, burnett, let smith go, let long go, let bush go, etc. half of those were about money, the other about scheme and system fit. Odrick is average, with flashes of potential at times, but just because he does the Pee Wee dance, doesn't make him solid.

Why would we released Odrick when he is 1. Dirt cheap 2. Solid DE and solid DT depth 3. Soliai and Starks are both FA next year and he is likely our future DT starter 4. Nothing better on the market for the same price.

Misi is about the same. Dude is dirt cheap and solid for the price we pay.

No comparison in any way shape or form.

wrong. Odrick was a first round pick before the rookie salary changes. misi wouldnt be for money. it would be for roster space....misi is good against the run, but couldnt pass rush a fat kid at a buffet

Dude...

Odrick only counts for $1.9 cap
Misi counts for $1.2 cap

Basically crumbs for a solid starter.

I think we will release Misi or Odrick, maybe also a couple special teamers to create room for mckinney's dough, along with the rookie contracts

LMAO!!! Misi or Odrick will be released? This is laughable. You think they are gonna throw the money at an aging lineman that is a 1 year stop gap? Not gonna happen. If he signs it will be to a fair deal for 1 year.

Why would we released Odrick when he is 1. Dirt cheap 2. Solid DE and solid DT depth 3. Soliai and Starks are both FA next year and he is likely our future DT starter 4. Nothing better on the market for the same price.

Misi is about the same. Dude is dirt cheap and solid for the price we pay.

do you think a cheap player that performs better than a cheap price is better than winning a super bowl? i am not attacking their ability to play, but they were not present at all rushing the qb. besides Odrick's one multisack game....they havent helped the defense as much as u say. now, with another pass rusher opposite wake, that may change in 2013. im saying that misi and odrick may get bumped. im most likely wrong. just theorizing.

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Dude...

Odrick only counts for $1.9 cap
Misi counts for $1.2 cap

Basically crumbs for a solid starter.

i stand corrected.

Expendable cap hits

Dan Carpenter $3.0 (Drafted Sturgis)
Dimitir Patterson $4.6 (Drafted Taylor and Davis)

Misi's salary this year is $720K, and Odrick is $700K. Both will be with the team next year. On top of that, we already have the cap space to sign additional players. So, it is a moot point, and kinda silly.

Back
Top Bottom