Bryant McKinnie says Philbin doesn't deserve any blame | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryant McKinnie says Philbin doesn't deserve any blame

My whole theory is Martin's mom was involved and they were playing along for a lawsuit. Thats why he never told anyone. This report makes Martin "the good guy."

So now they have the football in their hands. What do you think is next? If the guy is stopping short of answering questions from an interview from two weeks ago?

Lawsuit is on its way and it may be sticking around for a year or two. meanwhile, the NFL is about to become language police with warning signs like "hot coffee" for Mcdonalds.

The only good that comes out of this and this is a big if is that teams will still want Martin and we can get something in a trade. I would think trading for players who the team might like to get rid of anyways.

As for Turner, he denies knowing anything. The report only states they do not believe the male blow up doll thing. Turner supposedly asked Martin if he needed help and he turned it away. So really, how can anyone prove anything unless a court of law forces him to say something he did not say to Wells?

Its up to the Miami Dolphins to make a move to save a what little egg is left on their face from a "right now" standpoint. If Mckinney is saying that Turner couldnt have known too much, who on the outside can dispell that? Fact is, no one can. Wells report states opinion when it comes right down to it. Its not proven, which is why there are many who say the report falls short.

Where i bolded is exactly the way it needs to be interpreted. At the end of the day this is Wells opinion based on what he was told. If this was a different investigator it could look completely different. That is why you cant really start to fine guys or cost the team draft picks. Its not like the bounty case where is was black and white where players were either getting paid to hurt guys or not. With the bullying was he bullying him, to some yes, did he mean to bully him, matter of opinion only he knows.

Where i bolded is exactly the way it needs to be interpreted. At the end of the day this is Wells opinion based on what he was told. If this was a different investigator it could look completely different. That is why you cant really start to fine guys or cost the team draft picks. Its not like the bounty case where is was black and white where players were either getting paid to hurt guys or not. With the bullying was he bullying him, to some yes, did he mean to bully him, matter of opinion only he knows.

And at the end of the day, looking at the NO Saints, the HC is cleared. And I have said many times before, most of all this crap happened outside the locker room. The texts are almost all outside and away from camp, locker room, ect. ect.

Martins side of thngs left completely out of this on alot of this stuff. Which means one-sided with opinion. This is the league covering its butt. As they should. It is the league who would get sued. Not the Miami Dolphins. The big money is the NFL. And Isnt this what every lawyer goes after?

My whole theory is Martin's mom was involved and they were playing along for a lawsuit. Thats why he never told anyone. This report makes Martin "the good guy."

So now they have the football in their hands. What do you think is next? If the guy is stopping short of answering questions from an interview from two weeks ago?

Lawsuit is on its way and it may be sticking around for a year or two. meanwhile, the NFL is about to become language police with warning signs like "hot coffee" for Mcdonalds.

The only good that comes out of this and this is a big if is that teams will still want Martin and we can get something in a trade. I would think trading for players who the team might like to get rid of anyways.

As for Turner, he denies knowing anything. The report only states they do not believe the male blow up doll thing. Turner supposedly asked Martin if he needed help and he turned it away. So really, how can anyone prove anything unless a court of law forces him to say something he did not say to Wells?

Its up to the Miami Dolphins to make a move to save a what little egg is left on their face from a "right now" standpoint. If Mckinney is saying that Turner couldnt have known too much, who on the outside can dispell that? Fact is, no one can. Wells report states opinion when it comes right down to it. Its not proven, which is why there are many who say the report falls short.

Absolutely. But one can easily infer that it was evident Turner and Pouncey were "pleading the 5th".

A great point you brought up and it occurred to me while reading the report is that Martin's family didnt seem to take any drastic measure with this situation. If its my son, even at the risk of alienating him, I have to step in when the depression is getting as bad as hospitalization. At that point, one would assume an highly intelligent family unit would be aware that hospitalization and thoughts of hurting ones self is very closely related. Even psychiatrists have to break client patient privileges at a the point of potential physical harm. So, could such an intelligent family had a part in presenting to Martin a plan wherein he could escape his situation and possibly still have acceptance in the NFL?

And then you have to ask yourself, where was this tact of protecting Martin either by his attorney or agent or family or Martin himself when he still had the opportunity to conjure a plan wherein he could present the issue to Philbin without implicating himself? Where was everyone's resolve then?

I dont think this was such a conspiracy theory that it was all plotted out perfectly. I think the story of Martin exploding is genuine, that it wasnt some sort of plan to leave the organization in this fashion. But I do believe his camp had worked a blue print for Martin to resolve the issue He couldnt face his demons face to face but he could do it from far away. Depressives have a fear of facing that which mirrors in disgust. It feasible that his attorney, agent, etc said listen, if gets so bad this is what we have to do and you can do it safely from a far. It only makes sense that they would plot to protect themselves. I wouldnt harshly critique this because self preservation is instinctual. Its primal. But I would have reservations in asking why wasnt Martin's representation placing forth all of this effort into Martin finding a resolve within the organization.

I feel for Martin. I agree with the general consensus that you cant take things to the extreme Incognito and the rest did. The matter of common sense and common decency is prevalent here. But again, this was all in the hands of Martin. He was in control of his future and he chose a future that caused much harm even to parties at the lowest point in the chain of relevance, us fans. Its terrible that it was the result of a mental illness but its still his fault.

Interesting to hear a view on this subject from someone who spent time in the Dolphins locker room.

[video=youtube;Mvl46E-Rs-M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvl46E-Rs-M[/video]

Lol Turner either

Le Batard has the best show in Florida and my bias would claim nationally as well. Sometimes it being so bad makes it so good. And Stugotz is a lovable character despite his buffoon-like ways.

Those gus are on here in Rochester now in the afternoon on ESPN radio. I cant ever hang for more than 5 minutes listening to those guys. They are bad.

Yes but no, no. While its a fair point, we want this report to result im some sort of reconciliation. Suspend Pouncey for games and dock his pay. Discipline Turner (not sure how that works with coaches). Go to great lengths and hire whatever counsel you can to implement a policy so refined that even the NFL will consider using it as the general policy for all teams. Whatever you do, fix this situation so that this is the final investigation.

Whether we agree with this report, abhor it, or we are on the fence; one thing should remain clear amongst us fans. We want to bring this to an end as quickly as humanly possible and Ross MUST leave no stone unturned in order to make this happen.

No more reports, guys. Stick to this one opinion or not. Its the safest course of action for us.

Those gus are on here in Rochester now in the afternoon on ESPN radio. I cant ever hang for more than 5 minutes listening to those guys. They are bad.

Then you take your sports shows waaay too seriously.

Its not your cup of tea and thats fine but even when they are bad it invokes the same response that made Howard Stern famous or infamous. You want to hear how ridiculously ludicrous they will venture because just as soon as they rev the engine as far into the red of terrible as you think it could go, they then hit lightspeed. And in part, they do it to get underneath the skin of listeners that share your opinion. I fine that hilarious. These guys have a national show spiting the uptight listeners and they do it intentionally. Im sorry. Thats brilliant. Getting a national show under that premise is f@cking brilliant.

Stan Van Gundy is wonderful. The animal expert from Zoo Miami who's name escapes me is awesome. His enthusiasm to answer callers questions alone is radio gold. And Dan, always true to his roots and his character, never holds back on questions even if it makes interviews uncomfortable or even silly. Thats what made him entertaining in South Florida whether you make fun of him or love him and hes not going to change for an uptight national audience and i for one love it.

Yes but no, no. While its a fair point, we want this report to result im some sort of reconciliation. Suspend Pouncey for games and dock his pay. Discipline Turner (not sure how that works with coaches). Go to great lengths and hire whatever counsel you can to implement a policy so refined that even the NFL will consider using it as the general policy for all teams. Whatever you do, fix this situation so that this is the final investigation.

Whether we agree with this report, abhor it, or we are on the fence; one thing should remain clear amongst us fans. We want to bring this to an end as quickly as humanly possible and Ross MUST leave no stone unturned in order to make this happen.

No more reports, guys. Stick to this one opinion or not. Its the safest course of action for us.

How can you suspend a guy and dock his pay based on a matter of opinion? Thats $200K on the suspension alone based on an opinion? If your gonna cost a guy that kind of money it better be based on more than an opinion. Im not saying you need more than one opinion because your not gonna get one, maybe the NFLPA, but you cant dole out repercussions like that based on an opinion alone

And that is a leader... I don't think his play this past year was excellent, but he was the most stable lineman playing not named Pouncey. I think i'm warming up to the thought of giving him another contract.

How can you suspend a guy and dock his pay based on a matter of opinion? Thats $200K on the suspension alone based on an opinion? If your gonna cost a guy that kind of money it better be based on more than an opinion. Im not saying you need more than one opinion because your not gonna get one, maybe the NFLPA, but you cant dole out repercussions like that based on an opinion alone

Because I want to stop the bleeding now. An absolute worse scenario is having an investigation that involves the law where people can be subpoenaed. Why would you risk that by instigating, "We are not doing anything. This is an opinion and only an opinion." No way, bro. Thats ludicrous. do what you can to make this situation go away. If Pouncey or any one is stupid enough to want to invite further investigation of drug use and things of that nature by screaming bloody murder upon being disciplined then so be it. Its their funeral and further misfortune of more unceasing embarrassment for us.

Because I want to stop the bleeding now. An absolute worse scenario is having an investigation that involves the law where people can be subpoenaed. Why would you risk that by instigating, "We are not doing anything. This is an opinion and only an opinion." No way, bro. Thats ludicrous. do what you can to make this situation go away. If Pouncey or any one is stupid enough to want to invite further investigation of drug use and things of that nature by screaming bloody murder upon being disciplined then so be it. Its their funeral and further misfortune of more unceasing embarrassment for us.

Ive never hear of a lawsuit about bullying. The guy is 20+ years only and never said a word to anyone as well as participated himself and most was away from the workplace. If there is a suspension it will be by the team and to what benefit will the team have from suspending their top lineman?

Turner should be fired regardless due to the horrible OL. Who said further investigation on drug use? Pouncey would just refute the wells report not try and go deeper. You suspend Pouncey you let this whole incident leak into next year and even the next couple because Poucey leaves and there is no replacement for him. The best way to deal with it is replace turner (already done) release/Trade Martin, dont resign Incognito. This only hurts the team in the future if you make it that way. You can upgrade from Martin and incog but if Pouncey leaves the only way to get back the same caliber of plyer is if you sign Mack but it appears as though he will resign. Most other options are a downgrade and with a poor OL you dont want to downgrade.

If it was just that easy to suspend pouncey it would have been done yesterday but all that does is cause more problems.

Then you take your sports shows waaay too seriously.

Its not your cup of tea and thats fine but even when they are bad it invokes the same response that made Howard Stern famous or infamous. You want to hear how ridiculously ludicrous they will venture because just as soon as they rev the engine as far into the red of terrible as you think it could go, they then hit lightspeed. And in part, they do it to get underneath the skin of listeners that share your opinion. I fine that hilarious. These guys have a national show spiting the uptight listeners and they do it intentionally. Im sorry. Thats brilliant. Getting a national show under that premise is f@cking brilliant.

Stan Van Gundy is wonderful. The animal expert from Zoo Miami who's name escapes me is awesome. His enthusiasm to answer callers questions alone is radio gold. And Dan, always true to his roots and his character, never holds back on questions even if it makes interviews uncomfortable or even silly. Thats what made him entertaining in South Florida whether you make fun of him or love him and hes not going to change for an uptight national audience and i for one love it.

Yeah I understand that and I used to listen to Stern alot. But lets face it, there is a reason why Stern is a multi-millionare and these guys are just two more guys working for BSPN.

And alot of radio you end up listening to alot of their personal stuff and experiences. I guess Im just not interested in what these two have to say. With howard, you would get a kid who would be recorded farting 155 times in a row.

Pure entertainment.

What did the Dolphins use to suspend Cog if not an opinion?

um, proof of texts with language that is disgraceful?

I'm no lawyer but, are messages sent from player to player reason for an NFL team to suspend them? I think not.

Back
Top Bottom