Bryce Petty Making Most Of Miami Dolphins Opportunities | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryce Petty Making Most Of Miami Dolphins Opportunities

I honestly don’t care who the backup is, everything after Tannehill is garbage. They should’ve at least drafted a rookie in the draft, would’ve been better to watch out of any of these backups.

Well Petty is hurt currently so that makes this thread pretty mute and certainly buries his chances

This actually makes sense. If he gives the backup spot to a garbage *** qb, there’ll be no chance of fans in the stadium chanting for him to start over Tannehill like they did with Moore and what they might possibly do if Fales is backup.:laugh
I think the constant calls for Moore soured him on Moore as well.

I honestly don't think Adam Gase gives a crap what the fans think about specific players. The idea that he is going to keep David Fales because he doesn't think the fans will chant Fales' name after a bad passing performance is kind of insane to me. He wants to win and he's going to make the decisions that make sense to him.

While that's a good thing, it also means his margin for error will shrink rapidly if there is no success immediately this season.
He is a human being. He is a young coach. He is in his first head coaching gig. I am pretty positive the boos against Tannehill in the first 4 or 5 games of the 2016 season irked him. It also didn't help that Moore came onto the field under applause against Arizona.
I lost the "doesn't make sense" with Gase last year. If he would have gone with Moore and we sucked as much I wouldn't have blamed him. But he got himself a QB he thought was the right fit. A QB he was familiar with. But as the season went on you saw a QB who didn't even want to be on the field. It was an absolute horrendous performance from a coach who held onto that QB despite having a backup who could have been capable, maybe better - and actually would have wanted to play for the Dolphins.
The J-Train and Landry issues should have been cleared much earlier. It was a distraction all year.

Any injury to Tannehill can be seen as a "get-out-of" prison card this year for Gase again. Just like it did last year. He failed, and is continuing to fail, to address the backup QB situation.

I think we will watch the Bridgewater and RG3 situations rather closely.

From a competitive standpoint, I could see each of those guys wanting a shot a backing up a QB who himself is recoverying from an ACL injury, even if it's not as serious as their's were.

I think most of us would welcome Teddy Bridgewater. I am curious to know what his deal with the Jets looks like.

Maybe not...

out with an oblique muscle injury.

I assume better than obtuse...

People wanted more of what Moore brought to the table in that he had the gunslinger mentality, was not intimidated to throw the rock downfield and seemed to not check down and gave the offense a spark. Whether that was just wishful thinking or reality, the fans were indicating dissatisfaction with Tannehills game. I think Gase thought it was wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom