BS on Yahoo Sports - Brady Better then Marino... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BS on Yahoo Sports - Brady Better then Marino...

Tom Brady has the best supporting cast of any QB in NFL History. That combined with a lot of cheating by his head coach and referees that make calls for the Patriots all the time.

Illegal contact rule and the gay roughing rules that exist today...that's all I have to say. Imagine Dan with today's rules...wow.

When Dan played for us we had a crap running game and a porous defense the majority of the time. That's what makes Dan's numbers so amazing. We basically had Dan and the Marks brothers and that was about it.

When Dan played for us we had a crap running game and a porous defense the majority of the time. That's what makes Dan's numbers so amazing. We basically had Dan and the Marks brothers and that was about it.
Marino had a good defense on the Super Bowl year, they just couldn't take the 49ers.

Tom Brady has the best supporting cast of any QB in NFL History. That combined with a lot of cheating by his head coach and referees that make calls for the Patriots all the time.

You know I hate when people bring up the cheating and the referee conspiracy theory. Could their be some validitiy to it? Possibly...But it makes us sound bitter when its brought up so often.

But your point about the best supporting cast around him, would be hard to argue with. Marino was the best pure passer the game has ever seen. Marino did more with less than any QB I have ever seen which is why he will always be the best QB I have ever seen. You put Marino on the Patriots this year he probably would have thrown for 6000 yards and 60 tds...

Uh, guys, Tom Brady is the best QB of all time.

I grew up with Marino. Marino was and is my hero. Brady is better. And I'm willing to bet pretty much everybody else in the world, except for Dolphin homers would agree.

I've been watching Brady, and rooting hard against him for seven years now. Time after time, he makes all the right plays and makes all the right decisions. He rarely throws INTs when it matters and GETS IT DONE.

Also, his supporting cast on offense, prior to this year has been worse than Marino's. He won 3 Superbowls with a bunch of jokers at receiver and a bunch of nobodys at RB. Yes, the NE defense has been stellar, but he's done it all on offense.

Its true. Tom Brady is the best QB of all time in my opinion. I watched em both and that's what I think.

Marino had a good defense on the Super Bowl year, they just couldn't take the 49ers.

Just for reference...The 84' team defense rankings where as follows...

14th in Passing D

22nd in Rushing D

7th in points allowed

Note: There where only 28 teams in the NFL at that time

Now I know these where just stats and sometimes stats dont tell the whole story. But when looking at the stats I would consider this an average to a little bit above average Defense. Maybe some of the members who where around can give us a better input on how good the D acctually was that season.

But we must note about Tom Brady that every year they won the superbowl they had the best or second best Defense in all of football.

I grew up with Marino. Marino was and is my hero. Brady is better. And I'm willing to bet pretty much everybody else in the world, except for Dolphin homers would agree.

I've been watching Brady, and rooting hard against him for seven years now. Time after time, he makes all the right plays and makes all the right decisions. He rarely throws INTs when it matters and GETS IT DONE.

Also, his supporting cast on offense, prior to this year has been worse than Marino's. He won 3 Superbowls with a bunch of jokers at receiver and a bunch of nobodys at RB. Yes, the NE defense has been stellar, but he's done it all on offense.

Its true. Tom Brady is the best QB of all time in my opinion. I watched em both and that's what I think.

I agree with you and you'll problably get bombarded. Anyways the fact that Brady is the best of all time in my book that dosent take anything away from Dan the Man.

finally someone not being a homer. :hi5:

You guys need to except Brady is a Great Quarterback no matter how much you hate him or the Patriots. He might not be the Best Mobile QB or have the Best Arm but the guy is a bright QB and knows how to manage a game . Its reality wake up.

Everything about the Dolphins isnt always THE BEST!!

finally someone not being a homer. :hi5:

You guys need to except Brady is a Great Quarterback no matter how much you hate him or the Patriots. He might not be the Best Mobile QB or have the Best Arm but the guy is a bright QB and knows how to manage a game . Its reality wake up.

Everything about the Dolphins isnt always THE BEST!!

I love Marino and he is my favorite QB of all time. And I will argue that he is the best QB of all time. But when someone comes up to me and argues Brett Favre or Peyton Manning...Its hard to argue with them. But when someone makes an arguement for Brady its easy to discredit.

I agree with you and you'll problably get bombarded. Anyways the fact that Brady is the best of all time in my book that dosent take anything away from Dan the Man.

I love Dan.

I hate Brady.

Brady's just better. Look, its not about who's got the quicker release or the strongest arm. Its about accuracy and decision-making. Dan was wildly accurate and a great decision-maker, but Brady is better.

You know I hate when people bring up the cheating and the referee conspiracy theory. Could their be some validitiy to it? Possibly...But it makes us sound bitter when its brought up so often.

Bitter?? No it makes us sound intelligent, we unlike the rest of creation have not drank the ESPN / Patriots Cool Aid yet. One of their own people blew the whistle on them, and if the NFL would had acted quicker I bet they would had found a lot more then just the NY Jets taped footage.

The whistle blower claimed that they had been taping people for years, and had a whole library of footage that they used before every game.

Brady may be good, no way is he even in the ballpark of Marino, nor will he ever be thanks to the actions of his coach. He and his team mates will go down in history as the NFL version of Barry Bonds.

How do I know that his ability to read defenses so quickly is all skill and not from a Patriots aid watching the opposing d coaches calls on the side line?

If Brady is not the best he is up there top 5 for sure. I would say he is probably the smartest Quarterback ever at reading defenses and finding the right match up.

Back
Top Bottom