BS on Yahoo Sports - Brady Better then Marino... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BS on Yahoo Sports - Brady Better then Marino...

I love Dan.

I hate Brady.

Brady's just better. Look, its not about who's got the quicker release or the strongest arm. Its about accuracy and decision-making. Dan was wildly accurate and a great decision-maker, but Brady is better.

This arguement doesnt make sence...If your going to argue Brady is better you have to point to the SuperBowls not the accuracy and decision making...Dan was very good at both...Terrible arguement in Brady's favor.

I love Marino and he is my favorite QB of all time. And I will argue that he is the best QB of all time. But when someone comes up to me and argues Brett Favre or Peyton Manning...Its hard to argue with them. But when someone makes an arguement for Brady its easy to discredit.

If its so easy to discredit Brady, please enlighten us.

This arguement doesnt make sence...If your going to argue Brady is better you have to point to the SuperBowls not the accuracy and decision making...Dan was very good at both...Terrible arguement in Brady's favor.

My argument makes total sense. I watched both players with my own two eyes. I don't have to point to the Superbowls. Brady came up big in virtually EVERY big game he's played in. Not so for Dan.

I hate to go this route, but you're only 20 years old. You didn't see Marino play with any adult sensibilities. You got to have seen them both play to compare.

If its so easy to discredit Brady, please enlighten us.

I already have if you read my past posts in this thread, but I can go a step further.

If someone comes up to me and argues that Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time I wont argue.

I like to look at the year Peyton had when he threw 49 tds...And now look at the the year Brady is having when he threw 50 tds.

Brady's career high in Td passes before this year?? 28...Marino, Favre, Peyton all have thrown for more than 30 tds 10 times...Compared to Brady's 1. Plus the offense the Patriots have on the field this year is the best I have ever seen and now he finally throws for more than 30 tds. Yet he only surpassed Peyton's td number by 1. Plus Petyon didnt play in the second half of most games when he threw 49 tds and he only played one series the last week of the season. Brady's numbers where inflated by running the score up. One great example was against us. Brady had 5 tds, they pulled him Cassel threw the INT that got returned for a toudown. They where still up by 21 yet they needed to bring Brady back in for his 6th td?? I dont think so.

I am not saying Brady is not a very good QB. He is a great game manager and deserves to be in HOF some day. But from a a talent stand point hes not in the same league as the Marino, Favre, and Peyton Mannings.

Yes, You can argue Brady has the SuperBowls, but he had the number one ranked D in the NFL every time he has won a ring. Marino never had the number one ranked D. Peyton hasnt until this year and Favre only had it once. The year he lost to Dever in the SuperBowl. Brady is probably top 5-7 of all time.

I think that whoever is the best has to deal with your opinion of what the best is. Dan is the best when you look at the quaterback's main job, throw the ball and get it to the receiver and lead the team. Brady is the best because he has had the ability, team, and luck to win him championships.

My argument makes total sense. I watched both players with my own two eyes. I don't have to point to the Superbowls. Brady came up big in virtually EVERY big game he's played in. Not so for Dan.

I hate to go this route, but you're only 20 years old. You didn't see Marino play with any adult sensibilities. You got to have seen them both play to compare.

I watched Marino play with lots of Adult sensability. When I was young I would tape every game Marino played in. I have a library at my house of probably 30 games Marino played in. Including the fake spike game. A bunch of playoff games when the Bills where dominating us year in and year out in the playoffs. I have seen Marino play with "adult" sensabilty thank you.

Uh, guys, Tom Brady is the best QB of all time.

I grew up with Marino. Marino was and is my hero. Brady is better. And I'm willing to bet pretty much everybody else in the world, except for Dolphin homers would agree.

I've been watching Brady, and rooting hard against him for seven years now. Time after time, he makes all the right plays and makes all the right decisions. He rarely throws INTs when it matters and GETS IT DONE.

Also, his supporting cast on offense, prior to this year has been worse than Marino's. He won 3 Superbowls with a bunch of jokers at receiver and a bunch of nobodys at RB. Yes, the NE defense has been stellar, but he's done it all on offense.

Its true. Tom Brady is the best QB of all time in my opinion. I watched em both and that's what I think.

I will not "bombard" you, but I whole-heartedly dissagree. Someone else mentioned the Illegal Contact and Roughing rules in an earlier post, this is a HUGE factor to Brady's success. Also, say what you want about the receivers, but Branch and Brown were not too shabby.

When Brady has not had superior talent around him he has not won the SB. I think the main reason I can't agreee with your opinion is because I've never seen Brady take over a game like Marino. Not to say Brady hasn't been clutch, but I remember Dan firing passes in between 3 and 4 defenders and making it look effortless. In contrast, Bradys receivers appear to be wide open on every play (see Jax game). No to mention he has ALL DAY to throw the ball. There are numerous QB's in this league who can pick you apart with that kind of time.

Im not a true homer. I believe Tom Brady is one of the All-Time Greats. But he does and never will have the talent and/or pocket presence Marino had. He's Joe Montana incarnate, a great Qb in an Exceptional system.

Call me a "homer" if you want, I prefer Dol-Fan but stand by the primary stance of many around the country that you can't compare Brady's / Patriots recent success to the 1972 Dolphins or Marino until the issue of cheating has been dealt with. :refuse:

The NFL never investigated the whistle blowers claims that Belichick had years of illegal tapes complied showing offensive and defensive coaches play calls. The league only investigated the New York Jets incident and tried to sweep it under the rug.

if it werent for an injury riddled chargers team (and of course a stellar patriots redzone D) tom brady would have lost the championship game this past weekend. Supportting cast has much to do with all of this.

Uh, guys, Tom Brady is the best QB of all time.

I grew up with Marino. Marino was and is my hero. Brady is better. And I'm willing to bet pretty much everybody else in the world, except for Dolphin homers would agree.

I've been watching Brady, and rooting hard against him for seven years now. Time after time, he makes all the right plays and makes all the right decisions. He rarely throws INTs when it matters and GETS IT DONE.

Also, his supporting cast on offense, prior to this year has been worse than Marino's. He won 3 Superbowls with a bunch of jokers at receiver and a bunch of nobodys at RB. Yes, the NE defense has been stellar, but he's done it all on offense.

Its true. Tom Brady is the best QB of all time in my opinion. I watched em both and that's what I think.

Buddy, I watch the NFL and first and for most I am a Dolphin fan I watch all their games and what not. But second I am a huge fan of the QB position I love watching great QB's and analysis them. I give guys credit for what they are. I played QB in highschool and a year in college (blew out my elbow) so I understand and can appriciate the QB position.

Like I said if anyone comes up and argues that Favre and Manning are better than Marino I cant argue because I have seen that this is a definate possiblity. But Brady (while a very good QB) is not the best of all time he benefits and feeds off the guys around him.

I already have if you read my past posts in this thread, but I can go a step further.

If someone comes up to me and argues that Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time I wont argue.

I like to look at the year Peyton had when he threw 49 tds...And now look at the the year Brady is having when he threw 50 tds.

Brady's career high in Td passes before this year?? 28...Marino, Favre, Peyton all have thrown for more than 30 tds 10 times...Compared to Brady's 1. Plus the offense the Patriots have on the field this year is the best I have ever seen and now he finally throws for more than 30 tds. Yet he only surpassed Peyton's td number by 1. Plus Petyon didnt play in the second half of most games when he threw 49 tds and he only played one series the last week of the season. Brady's numbers where inflated by running the score up. One great example was against us. Brady had 5 tds, they pulled him Cassel threw the INT that got returned for a toudown. They where still up by 21 yet they needed to bring Brady back in for his 6th td?? I dont think so.

I am not saying Brady is not a very good QB. He is a great game manager and deserves to be in HOF some day. But from a a talent stand point hes not in the same league as the Marino, Favre, and Peyton Mannings.

Yes, You can argue Brady has the SuperBowls, but he had the number one ranked D in the NFL every time he has won a ring. Marino never had the number one ranked D. Peyton hasnt until this year and Favre only had it once. The year he lost to Dever in the SuperBowl. Brady is probably top 5-7 of all time.

You have made an excellent argument regarding whose single-season TD mark was the most impressive. Bravo.

However, quarterback greatness is not only about who can hurl the most TDs. Its about leadership, timing, decision-making, accuracy, escapability, and who can thow for a bunch of yards and TDs as well.

Brady's got more than Marino. I understand how somebody could argue otherwise. But I take exception to your assertion that is is "easy to discredit Brady"

My list:
1. Brady
2. Marino
3. Elway
4. Manning
5. Montana

I only included guys I've seen play.

To each his own.
One thing is for sure NO ONE will ever agree who the Best QB is.
Marino Fans say Marino
Montana Fans say Montana
Elway Fans say Elway...Brady, Manning...

I watched Marino play with lots of Adult sensability. When I was young I would tape every game Marino played in. I have a library at my house of probably 30 games Marino played in. Including the fake spike game. A bunch of playoff games when the Bills where dominating us year in and year out in the playoffs. I have seen Marino play with "adult" sensabilty thank you.

I stand corrected.

I feel Marino is the best, because he was a leader. It was like having a coach out on the field. He had the respect from all the players on the field, including the other team. He was a fighter and losing was unacceptable. And the only other athlete that was better at that, was Micheal Jordan.

I look at it this way. If all these great QB's were in there prime, who would you want on your team. I'll still take Marino over anybody.

I will not "bombard" you, but I whole-heartedly dissagree. Someone else mentioned the Illegal Contact and Roughing rules in an earlier post, this is a HUGE factor to Brady's success. Also, say what you want about the receivers, but Branch and Brown were not too shabby.

When Brady has not had superior talent around him he has not won the SB. I think the main reason I can't agreee with your opinion is because I've never seen Brady take over a game like Marino. Not to say Brady hasn't been clutch, but I remember Dan firing passes in between 3 and 4 defenders and making it look effortless. In contrast, Bradys receivers appear to be wide open on every play (see Jax game). No to mention he has ALL DAY to throw the ball. There are numerous QB's in this league who can pick you apart with that kind of time.

Im not a true homer. I believe Tom Brady is one of the All-Time Greats. But he does and never will have the talent and/or pocket presence Marino had. He's Joe Montana incarnate, a great Qb in an Exceptional system.

I agree with your statements sir.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of the common era (post more stringent rules). Not the greatest of all-time.

Back
Top Bottom