BS on Yahoo Sports - Brady Better then Marino... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BS on Yahoo Sports - Brady Better then Marino...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl;_ylt=Aq60ZVlsEhh0mapqubcVrROL2bYF

Well it was bound to happen, and while I thought ESPN would be the first to do it, I was wrong, Yahoo! Sports is the first to fully stick their lips all the way up the butt of the Patriots and begin the argument that Brady is the best QB in the history of Football.

:shakeno:

Well not for nothing, but unforntunately Favre is breaking all Marinos records (except the single season TD and yardage records) so its not only a knock on Marino, but its a knock on Favre, and dont forget to mention Unitas, Bradshaw ect... all the old school QB's who made this game..

Well it was bound to happen, and while I thought ESPN would be the first to do it, I was wrong, Yahoo! Sports is the first to fully stick their lips all the way up the butt of the Patriots and begin the argument that Brady is the best QB in the history of Football.

There's no such thing as the "Best QB of All Time". Who says there is? Yahoo Sports? ESPN? FOX?

Who made them the 'ones' to make that decision? The 'Best of' is just a bunch of people making opinions. I mean who really cares?

like??

You cant bring up Records since Favre broke some of them :boohoo:

That is the thing that people overlook. Marino's records will be broken by different QB's but at one time Marino held them all. When you find a guy that holds all those records by himself again please let me know and I'll concede. For now I will still say that Marino is the best pure passer to ever play the game. To compare Marino and Brady is just masturbatory and senseless. They are both amazing in their own right!

That is the thing that people overlook. Marino's records will be broken by different QB's but at one time Marino held them all. When you find a guy that holds all those records by himself again please let me know and I'll concede. For now I will still say that Marino is the best pure passer to ever play the game. To compare Marino and Brady is just masturbatory and senseless. They are both amazing in their own right!

True but if it ends up being 1 QB i think it ends up being Manning.

I don't think you can ever say one QB is the best ever...it is impossible to compare QB's of different eras. I think Marino had the best release and did the most with what he had. Montana and Brady had a lot of talent around them and the teams they QB'd for were very tough to beat. I also think Peyton Manning, Elway and Favre could also be included in the best ever talk, but it's comparing apples to oranges.

I think that people will change their tune if Brady loses in the Superbowl. I am a Dolphins and Marino fan. And I believe when you compare players at a position that you have to take in account stats. Superbowl Wins should have very little weight when it comes to best person at a position. Until Brady Breaks Favre's records which we all know on here he will never do. Then Brett Favre is the best. Even though I dont like admitting that. Brett Favre and Dan Marino are what every Quarterback should strive for. And when Peyton Manning Breaks those records I will consider him the best. If Dan played as many games as Brett Favre. I think he wouldn't have those records yet. And Yes If BIG IF Peyton stays on the pace that he is at he will Break the current records.

I dont have time to argue this point right now but to make Brady the best of all-time is....well lets just say to each his own.

I'd take ANY of these guys whom I've seen play in person and on TV over Brady any day of the week and twice on Sunday:

(no particular order)

Montana
Marino
Elway
Farve
P. Manning

Just for reference...The 84' team defense rankings where as follows...

14th in Passing D

22nd in Rushing D

7th in points allowed

Note: There where only 28 teams in the NFL at that time

Now I know these where just stats and sometimes stats dont tell the whole story. But when looking at the stats I would consider this an average to a little bit above average Defense. Maybe some of the members who where around can give us a better input on how good the D acctually was that season.

But we must note about Tom Brady that every year they won the superbowl they had the best or second best Defense in all of football.
Lets not forget the greatest clutch kicker of all-time. If you replace Vinatieri with Olindo Mare the Pats lose atleast one of those Super Bowls or perhaps dont even make a couple of them.

As a person and a team player, Brady is and has been a better player. During times of pressure, Tom Brady is calm and poised and does not loses control of himself on the field, that is what makes him the Quarterback that he is today. He did not have that many great receivers during his first 2 years as a starter and great running games but he managed to take his team to the big one, with an outstanding defense of course. It would be hard to argue that Antawn Smith is the best runningback in his era or those few seasons. Great offensive line and good defense, that team still managed to win the SuperBowl.

Now in the other hand, Marino is the most gifted quarterback to ever play the game from an arm standpoint. However as a person and a team player, he always lost control of himself on the field and never managed to put himself in check. That is what never gets you over the hump. Despite bad decisions by our coaches during draft day, we had a chance to win out there many seasons but it never happened.

Call me a "homer" if you want, I prefer Dol-Fan but stand by the primary stance of many around the country that you can't compare Brady's / Patriots recent success to the 1972 Dolphins or Marino until the issue of cheating has been dealt with. :refuse:

The NFL never investigated the whistle blowers claims that Belichick had years of illegal tapes complied showing offensive and defensive coaches play calls. The league only investigated the New York Jets incident and tried to sweep it under the rug.

There was an article on cnnsi when this whole thing came out and it mentioned a whole bunch of team who videotaped. People want to give to much credit to that situation. As much as I hate to say it, the Pats and Brady can problably beat most teams with one hand tied behind there back.

Lets not forget the greatest clutch kicker of all-time. If you replace Vinatieri with Olindo Mare the Pats lose atleast one of those Super Bowls or perhaps dont even make a couple of them.

That is a useless point cuase they WON. I cant stand people that love to say "Oh you won becuase of this or that", trying to justify someone's sucess and covering their lack of it. How about we recognize talent when we see it and congratulate them.

Brady isn't the best ever- he's simply a better version of Montana. Anybody seen the sig around here (I forget who's it is) that says (essentially) that Montana was great in a system, but Marino WAS a system?? Same with Brady. Montana v2.0. Patsies are the 2000's version of the 1980's 49ers, only Brady had a little less to work with in those early years than Joe did (not even Moss is anywhere Rice), so I put him ahead of Joe as far as QB's go. But he's still not as good as Marino, Unitas or Baugh. Those guys were a system. Guys like Montana, Brady and Starr made a system. The difference is that the first three guys would have been amazing anywhere, anytime, with anyone. The others I don't think would have flourished without the confluence of right person-right place-right time-right system. Regardless of how much I despise the unholy trinity of Brady, Belicheat and the Patsies, I have to admit that he's probably the best system QB of all-time.

Back
Top Bottom