Btw guys, can..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Btw guys, can.....

He made some bad throws. All QBs do. Brady did and if you watch the game tonight, Manning and Luck will too. No one is perfect

But Manning completed all of his passes in the youtube highlight video i watched!!!

Agreed. Bad INT but fumbles , INT and drops aside , the offense moved the ball pretty consistently. Granted running game was good , but I thought Tannehill did solid. I was impressed with a few mid length throws. There were a few passes he just thredded the needled in waaaay tight windows.

Also loved seeing him come back from the int and not crawl into his shell. He came back from that and almost immediately went deep again (ball that should have been Wallace td if feet were in). He also got into millers face early in the game which I liked. Overall thought he showed some accountability , leadership and ability to bounce back. I never got nervous about him throwing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad first half, pretty good second half.

We need better from our QB. There were some bad drops and fumbles but ultimately, the bad throws (mostly in the first half) were on the QB.

What is encouraging to me is that he shrugged it off and made plays when it counted at the end of the game. To me that is huge, because as many have pointed out, Tannehill has struggled with bouncing back during the game when he's struggled early.

Bingo. Reminiscent of the post I just made. Great minds think a like? :brewskis:

Winning the game doesn't make everything ok with Tannehill, just as winning the first two games last year didn't make the OL ok. That was a heck of a game, a heck of a win and a heck of an effort from the whole team, especially Moreno and the defense. Both lines deserve props actually, excellent performances. But Tannehill just didn't play well, and I don't think that it's a one-off. He'll have some better games and some worse games over the course of the year, but he's in year three and he is not showing that he's the franchise QB that we all want him to be. It's a legitimate concern imo, and for me personally his inaccuracy is getting a bit frustrating.

When Tannehill played like he did in the first half, the criticism is justified; when plays like he did the second half, he deserves praise. Once he becomes more consistent and elevates his game to the next level, the criticism will dissipate. It is as simple as that.

I get what you're saying but I don't care about a QB playing perfect, it's how he plays in the 4th quarter and what he does to get his team back, and he led the team back. I guess I focus on that.

He was certainly off today but we won as a team. Thats all that matters!!

WADR that's the same nonsense that I heard about our OL last year when we were 2-0. It does matter how you're QB is playing whether you're 1-0 or 0-1. It's a sign of things to come, imo you have to take a longer view of these things. If Tannehill underperforms like that later this year and we end up losing games in the process I think that Matt Moore will become a viable option. Winning hides all the warts, until you start losing. Then the medication comes out and the change.

Winning the game doesn't make everything ok with Tannehill, just as winning the first two games last year didn't make the OL ok. That was a heck of a game, a heck of a win and a heck of an effort from the whole team, especially Moreno and the defense. Both lines deserve props actually, excellent performances. But Tannehill just didn't play well, and I don't think that it's a one-off. He'll have some better games and some worse games over the course of the year, but he's in year three and he is not showing that he's the franchise QB that we all want him to be. It's a legitimate concern imo, and for me personally his inaccuracy is getting a bit frustrating.

Like I said originally and we partly agree. If he has a few more like this then I'm concerned but you talk like he's definitely gonna fail this year and have some clunkers. I wanna give him at least half a season before I judge him. And if he does have those clunkers then we don't have the franchise QB

Tannehill had an average game today to be honest, and even he'd say there is a lot of room for improvement. With that being said. There were three passes that had they been caught I'm sure you'd hear less criticism.

1: Deep Pass in the endzone to Wallace... Pass was caught by Wallace, but he wasn't able to get both feet in bounds. Pass was on the Money IMO and both Wallace and Tannehill would admit it's a TD left on the field.

2: Mid range pass over the right middle to Clay that was dropped... Clay would still be running had he caught that pass. We all know Clay wants that one back.

3: Deeper pass in the endzone to Dion Sims... Again the pass was on the money, but just slipped out of Dion's hands.

That's two TD's left on the field that could have easily gone the other way.

I get what you're saying but I don't care about a QB playing perfect, it's how he plays in the 4th quarter and what he does to get his team back, and he led the team back. I guess I focus on that.

I like Ryan Tannehill a lot. I don't think that all of the points left on the board today were his fault. In fact, I don't think that's the case at all.

But I demand better from him. And the reason I demand better of him is that I know he is capable of it.

its funny isnt it...they fixate on the interception but dont mention the nice pass to wallace in the back of the endzone or the PERFECT pass that got dropped by Sims...Tannehill couldve had 4 or 5 touchdowns today...the Clay pass was just a poor throw so that one is on Tannehill.

Agree on the Sims pass, disagree on the Wallace endzone pass- if RT made a better thriw that would have been an easy TD. Wallace smoked the DB, got behind him and open in the end zone, RT threw an inaccurate pass that sailed right. Catchable, but would have been a tough catch and it should have been a piece of cake TD with a better throw.

Miami had 12 drives and 7 were for scores. I'll take that every week, especially playing against the Patriots. If my quarterback leads my team on that type of production I could care less about the three turnovers. If you score on 7 drives per game you're going to win 90 percent of the time.

Agree on the Sims pass, disagree on the Wallace endzone pass- if RT made a better thriw that would have been n easy TD. Wallace smoke the DB, go behind him and open in the endzone, RT threw an inaccurate pass that sailed right. Catchable, but would have been a tought catch and it should have been a piece of cake TD with a better throw.

Yeah but Jim how many other good receivers in this league catch that ball? Seen it a lot. I thought it was a good throw, not great but good enough for a receiver for once help is QB out

Agree on the Sims pass, disagree on the Wallace endzone pass- if RT made a better thriw that would have been n easy TD. Wallace smoke the DB, go behind him and open in the endzone, RT threw an inaccurate pass that sailed right. Catchable, but would have been a tought catch and it should have been a piece of cake TD with a better throw.

he was also on the move and about to be eaten by wilfork on that throw.

It was a sloppy effort all around by the Dolphins offense, amazingly they found a way to get good points in this game. There are a lot of criticisms I have for Tannehill in this game, his passes in the first half were downright awful and there were many times when being a second too late or throwing a sloppy pass was the difference between a big play and/or a scoring play and a wasted, insignificant or negative play. In the end, his stats are mediocre for the day, and that is what he was. He wasn't to blame for Miller's fumble, Wallace's failed efforts, and Sims drop on a beautiful pass, so it wasn't like he wasn't the only one who made mistakes today. It's just frustrating to always gave to qualify Tannehill's performance with these things, when there is always something every single game, regardless of win or lose, that held back his performance.

I will say this this in regards to Tannehill: from the moment he was a rookie, he has never seemed to let one bad play or even one bad quarter affect his next. This team never stops fighting and has more capability of coming back in a game than any Dolphins team I have ever seen. I remember when he was a rookie he completed a nice pass to Legedu Naanee, who took his first reception of the year and immediately tripped over his own feet, fumbling the ball that the other team recovered. Tannehill's next play, he gets up and throws another beautiful pass. I remember thinking to myself then or just how little that guy was fazed.

Back
Top Bottom