Btw guys, can..... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Btw guys, can.....

I thought Tannehill played well in the second half today. He was clearly off in the first half......and that interception on the pass attempt to Wallace on the deep ball was awful. However, he moved the ball up and down the field today and showed good poise in the pocket. I liked what I saw from the new offense and I figure all of the offensive players will just get better and better as the season moves on.

I hope you're right..thanks for the optimism though!

I'm just waiting for the day when we can say that Tannehill played 4 good or very good quarters of football, instead of there always being a hitch. It's disappointing that several years in we still can't say that.

What is this, the ghost of Shouright? If you think that Tannehill is as accurate as Brady, that's pretty much all I need to know about your football knowledge.

Based on last year their accuracy is almost identical and most of Brady's passes travel 5 yards or less....it's just facts

I'm just waiting for the day when we can say that Tannehill played 4 good or very good quarters of football, instead of there always being a hitch. It's disappointing that several years in we still can't say that.

He's played several great games, (25-37-312 yards 2 td's 0 int last year vs NE and 23-34 319 1 td 0 int vs Ind.)

Rt throws behind the receiver to much. He is a good QB, and average passer. I would not rate his passing skill as elite.
I have watched Marino in his prime. RT is not even close.
That said, with a running game and good defense, we could make the playoffs with RT as out QB.
Just my .02

Tannehill who?

I'd rather talk about Moreno and the running game today. Hell, even Miller ran hard.

Rt throws behind the receiver to much. He is a good QB, and average passer. I would not rate his passing skill as elite.
I have watched Marino in his prime. RT is not even close.
That said, with a running game and good defense, we could make the playoffs with RT as out QB.
Just my .02

I've seen luck and manning throw behind a guy numerous times tonight...it's a common thing.

I thought he made all the right decisions, just struggled with accuracy. Which is the opposite of what we've seen before. So for me its encouraging to see him making good reads even if he is missing the throes this time around.

First game that counts with a new offensive scheme and coordinator and a revamped o-line. No one should be giving T-hill any beef. He finished the day better than Brady, a sure fire HOF'er playing in the same scheme he has played in for years. 57% completion percentage versus 51% for Brady and two TD passes to Brady's one.

Oh and his numbers would have been a lot better had his receivers and RB's not dropped the ball 5 times. And that TD pass to Mike Wallace was Marino esq. I've heard some say he got lucky and it was a bad pass. But In order to be great... You have to make some plays that aren't there. That's called making people around you better. Now let's hope he builds off this game and get better from here

Tannehill didn't have a great game, but he did redeem himself in the second half. I don't fault the "bashers" for calling him out, but what I would like to see is some fairness. An example would be the fact that Wallace put a move on the db and got past him in the back of the end zone. Tannehill put the ball where it needed to be but Wallace showed very poor awareness of where his feet were in relation to the sideline and we lost that td. My point is, if You are going to jump on every mistake Tannehill makes then You need to be fair about it and call out the big money players like Wallace. IMO both of them made up for it with a pretty solid second half. Moreno's presence clearly takes some of the pressure off of them and if that's what it takes to win then I am all for it!

This site sounds like watching ESPN or NFL Network. All they have done since the game is talk about us winning because NE played so horribly. We didn't win due to any act of our own, only because they just gave it away. Say what you want people, we TOOK that game from them plain and simple. RT didn't have a stellar game but his numbers were very Russell Wilson like, and most on here cream their pants over him when he throws 60% for 2 TD's and 178yds.

Don't care if I am alone, I am extremely happy with this game and the fact that we gave them their first opening day loss in over a decade......after EVERYONE didn't even give us a chance to come close to winning.

Tannehill didn't have a great game, but he did redeem himself in the second half. I don't fault the "bashers" for calling him out, but what I would like to see is some fairness. An example would be the fact that Wallace put a move on the db and got past him in the back of the end zone. Tannehill put the ball where it needed to be but Wallace showed very poor awareness of where his feet were in relation to the sideline and we lost that td. My point is, if You are going to jump on every mistake Tannehill makes then You need to be fair about it and call out the big money players like Wallace. IMO both of them made up for it with a pretty solid second half. Moreno's presence clearly takes some of the pressure off of them and if that's what it takes to win then I am all for it!

The dropped TD pass to Sims was beautifully thrown as well.

Back
Top Bottom