Btw guys, can..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Btw guys, can.....

Winning the game doesn't make everything ok with Tannehill, just as winning the first two games last year didn't make the OL ok. That was a heck of a game, a heck of a win and a heck of an effort from the whole team, especially Moreno and the defense. Both lines deserve props actually, excellent performances. But Tannehill just didn't play well, and I don't think that it's a one-off. He'll have some better games and some worse games over the course of the year, but he's in year three and he is not showing that he's the franchise QB that we all want him to be. It's a legitimate concern imo, and for me personally his inaccuracy is getting a bit frustrating.

Brady, a future hall of famer...also looked innaccurate, even worse actually. It happens bro. What about the passes Tannehill put on the money? Like the td where wallace didnt get 2 feet down...or the drop by sims on that perfect ball...or the one clay dropped when he had 20 yards of running room after the catch. You guys tend to fixate on the bad and severely overlook the good. Yea he made some bad passes, all qbs do. If wallace gets both feet down and Sims catches that Tannehill ends the game with 4 touchdowns.

Like I said originally and we partly agree. If he has a few more like this then I'm concerned but you talk like he's definitely gonna fail this year and have some clunkers. I wanna give him at least half a season before I judge him. And if he does have those clunkers then we don't have the franchise QB

Not at all my intent, I'm not prejudging him like that, I remain hopeful. But he has to be the field general, he has to read defenses properly, and specific to what really bothers me he has to be accurate with his throws, bottom line. The deep ball to Sims was beautiful, but RT was throwing behind receivers and off target for most of the day. That one way off target short screen to Moreno in the left flat particularly pissed me off, hideous throw. Also a short throw to a WR cutting across the field from left to right was just way behind him, he can't keep doing that. At some point his inaccuracy might starting losing us games, he has to get better at that.

he was also on the move and about to be eaten by wilfork on that throw.

True, iirc Wilfork ate Satele's lunch on that play. But still, RT was rolling out to the right and he could have and should have made a better throw. He faded the pass right, that wasn;t a good throw. The ball to Dion Sims was beautiful btw.

Brady, a future hall of famer...also looked innaccurate, even worse actually. It happens bro. What about the passes Tannehill put on the money? Like the td where wallace didnt get 2 feet down...or the drop by sims on that perfect ball...or the one clay dropped when he had 20 yards of running room after the catch. You guys tend to fixate on the bad and severely overlook the good. Yea he made some bad passes, all qbs do. If wallace gets both feet down and Sims catches that Tannehill ends the game with 4 touchdowns.

Dude- Brady has been overwhelmingly accurate throwing the ball over a 15 year 1st ballot Hall of Fame career. Tannehill is still inaccurate as he enters year 3 of his NFL career. Let's get some perspective here. Not one of Brady's better games for sure, but overall he's been throwing laser beams since the turn of the millenium.

Tannehill needs to play better and be more consistent. That's really all there is to it.

Tannehill was the best QB on the field today. Enough said.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

True, iirc Wilfork ate Satele's lunch on that play. But still, RT was rolling out to the right and he could have and should have made a better throw. He faded the pass right, that wasn;t a good throw.

Please.... If that is not an easy TD by Wallace, he needs to be benched.

Dude- Brady has been overwhelmingly accurate throwing the ball over a 15 year 1st ballot Hall of Fame career. Tannehill is still inaccurate as he enters year 3 of his NFL career. Let's get some perspective here. Not one of Brady's better games for sure, but overall he's been throwing laser beams since the turn of the millenium.

Last year...completion percentages

Brady - 60.5
Tannehill - 60.4

Anybody that's bashing Tannehill after today's game really need to stop listening to the stupid commentators and be realistic. I guess Brady sucks too then because he MISSED wide open WR's at times today but because Tannehill threw a couple of passes slightly behind some guys, he sucks? That pass to Wallace where Wallace fumbled.... Wallace's fault. Gotta hold on to the ball there! That pass to Wallace In the end zone that Thill made on the run... Wallace has to catch the ball at its highest point with his HANDS! He ley it drop in the bread basket and couldn't keep his feet in bounds. Tanny had a terrible throw on the INT... But We put up 33 points Today with 2 TO by guys not named Tannehill! And what about all the drops? Kandy, Wallace, clay all had critical drops guess that's on Tanehill too huh? Can't win for losing

Anybody watching the game right now would have seen about 4 or 5 bad passes by peyton already and there's 8 mins left in the 2nd. Not every pass is perfect...some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous.

Last year...completion percentages

Brady - 60.5
Tannehill - 60.4

What is this, the ghost of Shouright? If you think that Tannehill is as accurate as Brady, that's pretty much all I need to know about your football knowledge.

He deserves an honest opinion. His ball location was off on a vast majority of his throws. That is a fair assessment. His decision making was good. His play speed was good. It can be better, but it was a positive. He did not have a good game, but it was not a bad game. I am encouraged by what I see. We need more as the season progresses, but it was good enough today.

He wasn't great today, but he was good enough. Got better as the game progressed - he dropped a beautiful dime to Dion Sims that he dropped. If that were Clay or Hartline catching that would be a TD.

Back
Top Bottom