Bucky Brooks Details 3 Reasons Why The Fins Should Look No Further Than Tua As Franchise QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks Details 3 Reasons Why The Fins Should Look No Further Than Tua As Franchise QB

Chris Sims won't admit that he was wrong.. he contended this AM that there's no difference between Tua and Tayson Hill and that anyone can throw short passes.

I've already attacked him on twitter comparing Tua's first 17 games with his beloved father Phil's and asked on the basis of that, who has more potential.

It's @csimsqb for anyone who wants to take shots at that dumma$$
do you mind posting those numbers?

If you look back at the last time Tua had an o-line and a running game I think you wouldn't have too many concerns about him throwing mostly short passes. I'd be more worried about him putting too much faith into his arm and making risky throws downfield.

Either way its going to be a learning experience. I'm just thrilled to be able to watch a talented natural QB in Miami. Except for that little sojourn with Pennington its been a long and painful road these past few decades.

Not that I'm a fan also, but I guess you must have hated the Patriots Brady run Offense.

Tua can, and will make deeper passes if given time...Tua has this thing about getting killed while giving his receiver that extra second to get behind the defense.

To clarify, I'm not saying that Tua can't throw deep. He has made some nice deep throws as a Dolphin; it's just that they're few and far between! My point is that if and when they improve the o-line and running game I hope they no longer run this crappy offense based on mostly all short passes. I understand being forced to do it now because the line can't block, but I sure hope this isn't their preferred style of offense!

To clarify, I'm not saying that Tua can't throw deep. He has made some nice deep throws as a Dolphin; it's just that they're few and far between! My point is that if and when they improve the o-line and running game I hope they no longer run this crappy offense based on mostly all short passes. I understand being forced to do it now because the line can't block, but I sure hope this isn't their preferred style of offense!
Let’s see they have a choice of QB flat on His back or a completion percentage of 80% hard call

Dink and dunk won 6 Super Bowls in NE.
I believe Brady did throw deep every once in a while, and even more so when he had Randy Moss. However, I still assert that many of his wins were due to him being the "Golden Child" face of the NFL. There's no way that anyone can dissuade me from believing that Brady (and the Patriots) were the beneficiaries of WAY too many favorable calls by the officials.

I've always liked Tua.

I preferred Herbert and considered the Watson deal when Tua went down in Buffalo.

He's been impressive this season. He handles the QB spotlight like a pro.

Miami should build around him in 22.

I want to see Tua in a REAL offense; not this garbage with no protection, mostly short passes, and a crappy running game. However, if by some miracle they fix the o-line and get a good RB next season and Tua is STILL throwing mostly short passes, then I'll be looking forward to the next regime and QB. I hate dink-and-dunk!
If he were to follow the Brady mold and win 3 rings while dinking and dunking with a high completion rate, you not gonna celebrate? Personally I believe he's ahead of where Brady was at the same stage of their careers...one just had a GREAT situation, the other well...

Holy hell he had a 26% completion game?

Granted, the game was much different back then, 26% was still terribad.
He and Florio talk about Phil like he's iconic. Wonder how Chris would have ranked him after his first 25 games. 🤷‍♂️

If he were to follow the Brady mold and win 3 rings while dinking and dunking with a high completion rate, you not gonna celebrate?
I have a unique gift; a gift that allows me to find the negative in any situation. :shrug: Besides, the NFL is in the Entertainment Business, so I want to be entertained! IMO, short passes are boring.

My only concern with all this is that Flores should unequivocally say Tua is the franchise. Period. The fact he's overcome the Watson bs, the haters, the media...just speaks to who he is. That kid will forever have my full support.

Penalizing Tua for a shotty line, less than marginal WRS AND RB'S is simply stupid.

I think Tua's short throws this year are mainly due to time to throw and play calling.
We've heard Tua state several times now "he can't throw deep when it's all short passing routes".
I think a big problem is how ridiculously pedestrian our play calls have been.
3rd and 8 and we don't even have anyone 8 yards deep.

Agree with Bucky Brooks.

It took the media awhile, but the Tua love is finally happening.

Back
Top Bottom