Bucky Brooks Details 3 Reasons Why The Fins Should Look No Further Than Tua As Franchise QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucky Brooks Details 3 Reasons Why The Fins Should Look No Further Than Tua As Franchise QB

To clarify, I'm not saying that Tua can't throw deep. He has made some nice deep throws as a Dolphin; it's just that they're few and far between! My point is that if and when they improve the o-line and running game I hope they no longer run this crappy offense based on mostly all short passes. I understand being forced to do it now because the line can't block, but I sure hope this isn't their preferred style of offense!
i think tua is just itching to take shots downfield regardless of what offense he is in.

I may be in the minority, but I actually like Chris Simms. He's been right about Mahomes, Josh Allen, and Herbert. His concerns about Tua were valid, but he can't wave the white flag when he's wrong.
His dad as a broadcaster, on the other hand, was as bad as Dan Deirdorf.

I believe Brady did throw deep every once in a while, and even more so when he had Randy Moss. However, I still assert that many of his wins were due to him being the "Golden Child" face of the NFL. There's no way that anyone can dissuade me from believing that Brady (and the Patriots) were the beneficiaries of WAY too many favorable calls by the officials.
Amen brother and they still get that favoritism to this day...No way that the current roster is the cream of the AFC & Belicheat is no genius. They have Robert Kraft working the strings behind the curtain and thats it.

I like Bucky Brooks allready. Who is he?
He is a homeboy from NC...Played HS in Raleigh & then for the Tarheels in College. Drafted by the Bills but moved around often in his few years in the league.

I believe Brady did throw deep every once in a while, and even more so when he had Randy Moss. However, I still assert that many of his wins were due to him being the "Golden Child" face of the NFL. There's no way that anyone can dissuade me from believing that Brady (and the Patriots) were the beneficiaries of WAY too many favorable calls by the officials.
They won 6 Super Bowls because of the refs??

Sounds like my kids after every middle school game.

I’ve never wavered in my support for Tua, and still don’t. I wanted him on this team since I first saw him set both his feet on the football field for Alabama and I’m a diehard Gators fan.
Nailed it. I absolutely HATE Bama. I remember seeing that kid walk out on the field in the Championship game that night. My first thought, Saban is desperate to turn to a True Freshman when he has a really good QB on Hurts. Then…he threw his first few passes…I immediately realized this kid was special. The offense was completely different when he came in. Then he made a mistake, immediately bounced back without flinching. Validating what I thought. Then later on he makes another mental mistake, and again immediately follows it up with a game winning dime of a throw. Validation confirmed again!!! Then his sophomore season, he showed everything and more. Best career by a college QB I’ve ever seen. The kid is special. Poise, resiliencey, leadership, work ethic, drive, quickest delivery minus Dan, ELITE accuracy, and plays better in clutch situations. ALL the intangibles and then some! If he stays healthy I think he will wear a Gold Jacket one day, no doubt in my mind.

They won 6 Super Bowls because of the refs??

Sounds like my kids after every middle school game.
I didn't say that they won 6 Super Bowls because of the refs... I said that they won a lot of games because of help from the refs. Were they still a very good team? Yes. But, in a close game, one or two calls can change the outcome. I'm sure that most Miami fans at one time or another have noticed that Brady's o-line never seemed to get called for holding as much as other teams.

If he were to follow the Brady mold and win 3 rings while dinking and dunking with a high completion rate, you not gonna celebrate?

Besides, the NFL is in the Entertainment Business, so I want to be entertained! IMO, short passes are boring.
I just thought of something...

The "Brady mold" wasn't just dink-and-dink on its own; it was also run behind a very good o-line with a good running game helped by a consistently good defense. What set them apart was having WRs who can separate and find space (whether by talent or being schemed open) and having the ability to score quickly. Also, it was not unusual to see Brady and the Pats score 30 or 40 points like it was nothing; they liked to run up the score.

Now, do I wish Tua and Miami could do that? Heck yeah! With Brady, sometimes that dink-and-dunk was dink, dink, dink mixed in with a big run or two and a 50 yard TD pass for a two minute 80 yard scoring drive. Miami's dink-and-dunk offense consists of 8 minute drives filled with penalties and short rushes, and the odds aren't very good that they'll come away with a TD.

IOW, Brady's dink-and-dunk could be fast-paced, high-scoring, and exciting. Miami's dink-and-dunk is low-scoring and boring... with the occasional nice play and the very rare big play. That said, there's no way that Tua could get Miami's offense to play like Brady's offense UNLESS the team actually gives him a competent o-line, a great running game, and they knock off the overly conservative playcalling until they're up by 3+ scores. I don't get it; Belichick likes to run up the score, but Flores seems to want to score as little as possible!

I just thought of something...

The "Brady mold" wasn't just dink-and-dink on its own; it was also run behind a very good o-line with a good running game helped by a consistently good defense. What set them apart was having WRs who can separate and find space (whether by talent or being schemed open) and having the ability to score quickly. Also, it was not unusual to see Brady and the Pats score 30 or 40 points like it was nothing; they liked to run up the score.

Now, do I wish Tua and Miami could do that? Heck yeah! With Brady, sometimes that dink-and-dunk was dink, dink, dink mixed in with a big run or two and a 50 yard TD pass for a two minute 80 yard scoring drive. Miami's dink-and-dunk offense consists of 8 minute drives filled with penalties and short rushes, and the odds aren't very good that they'll come away with a TD.

IOW, Brady's dink-and-dunk could be fast-paced, high-scoring, and exciting. Miami's dink-and-dunk is low-scoring and boring... with the occasional nice play and the very rare big play. That said, there's no way that Tua could get Miami's offense to play like Brady's offense UNLESS the team actually gives him a competent o-line, a great running game, and they knock off the overly conservative playcalling until they're up by 3+ scores. I don't get it; Belichick likes to run up the score, but Flores seems to want to score as little as possible!

Brady wasn't leading high powered offenses until his 4th or 5th year in the league. When he was getting started it was the same formula as what they're doing with Mac now.....dominant defense with a solid running game and a QB that doesn't screw up too much.

Either way it starts and ends with the o-line. Like Brady and Brees Tua will need protection in order to thrive.

RPO Master, A Winner and he's clutch

Me likey!

In addition to what Brooks said, there is no reason to get cute. I favor keeping our resources and continuing to build around Tua. Should he get hurt, any resources we use to help him, such as addressing our OL, adding a stud RB and another WR, etc., will help any QB we have, so let's stick with the plan.

Back
Top Bottom