Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Ireland continues to take heat from many Dolphins fans who want him fired after four straight seasons missing the playoffs. But many inside the NFL are impressed with Ireland’s “vision” for this offseason and how well he has set up the Dolphins for future success.

The Dolphins “have a plethora of really good draft picks,” Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominik said — nine overall, including the 12th overall pick and five in the top 84. Ireland acquired an extra second-round pick in trading Vontae Davis, and an extra third-rounder in trading receiver Brandon Marshall.

“To be able to continue to build that thing in the right direction has got to be exciting for Dolphins fans,” Dominik said.
One fan of Ireland’s philosophy is Rams GMLes Snead, who is building his team in a similar fashion. Snead traded the No. 2 pick last year to Washington, then traded the No. 6 pick to Dallas, and emerged from the draft with 10 new rookies (five in the first 65 picks) and promising players in DT Michael Brockers, CBs Janoris Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson and WR Chris Givens.

“At the end of the day we got two starters instead of one. You do the math,” Snead said. “I think the arrow is pointing up in Miami, for sure.”

Pat Kirwin, a longtime scout and the Jets’ salary cap manager for most of the 1990s, said the Dolphins have done the right thing this offseason by staying the course with Ireland and coach Joe

“Jeff’s a level-headed guy, works hard, has a vision,” said Kirwin, now with SiriusXM. “The owner did a nice job of not reacting emotionally to the situation and firing Jeff.”

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/s...and-has-dolphins-well-positioned-with-/nT4bf/

7 - 9, 7 - 9, 6 - 10, 7 - 9

I think "7 - 9, 7 - 9, 6 - 10, 7 - 9" is the answer to most Ireland related threads. However, it is a pain to type. I would like to propose that we shorten this phrase to either "scoreboard" or "W-L record". It conveys the same information in fewer keystrokes.

Good for them. He can go and work up there after he gets fired.

Ireland haters need to go outside more... THe sheer pleasure they get from attacking the man is baffling.

Coaches stick by coaches, players stick by players, and GM's stick by GM's....bet you can't find one GM that says anything bad about Jeff. They are all in the same club and want to protect each others jobs.

I just hope we grab some playmakers with a few of our 5 picks in the first 84.

New coach, new QB

moving forward.

Not sure Ireland haters will be around once we become successful. Jeff Ireland is all about "the prostitute"

Cant wait to see what the fins look like here in about 4 months. We will no a lot about what this team looks like by then. Keeping happy thoughts lol.

The fact that Ireland has a ton of draft picks and money to blow is what scares me.

It only took 4 seasons of bad free agent signings and losing records to get to a point where we have some money and draft picks. Jeff still needs to prove he can do something with all this money and all these picks. The reason a lot of fans want Jeff gone is because he hasn't shown that he can bring in a quality set of skill players and the oline is still well below where it should be considering all of the resources that have been put into it.

He will get his chance, but if he messes this up, this team is ****ed for another 5 years.

To me, its more about the coaching and the QB. If they dont help Ireland get the groceries they want and feel they need then he goes. Thats just the reality of where we stand now as opposed to that fat ars parcells we used to tote around in the golf cart at 7 mil per.

2 of the thirds rounders he got was for the same person he traded two second rounders for....Ya, great job!

Back
Top Bottom