Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins

If they thought he was terrible do you really think they would say that on the record to the press? Think about it...

I find it funny that you know the inner workings of the GM class in professional football.

Come on man - he has only been the final decision maker for two drafts. The last draft Sporano was part of and the first Philbin took part in. And IMHO they have drafted pretty well the last two years...

Dont argue re. Ireland man.... Reason went out of those discussions years ago, its blind hate for the most part now lol

If they thought he was terrible do you really think they would say that on the record to the press? Think about it...

To be fair they didn't have to say anything or go into detail about the Dolphins current state. You can't deny though that having a young quarterback already in place, $45+ million in cap space and 9 draft picks(5 in the top 82) is a good position to be in this offseason.

I find it funny that you know the inner workings of the GM class in professional football.

I don't have to know anything to know one GM isn't going to rip another one to the press. If you know they are just going to say good things then they aren't really saying anything at all.

To be fair they didn't have to say anything or go into detail about the Dolphins current state. You can't deny though that having a young quarterback already in place, $45+ million in cap space and 9 draft picks(5 in the top 82) is a good position to be in this offseason.

It is a wonderful place to be if you can trust the person who is spending the money and making the picks. If the person who is spending the money and making the picks gets this wrong, they set franchise back at least five years. And that is why the divisions among Dolphin fans about Ireland are so strong. Based on his five years history as the Dolphins General Manager, some trust him to make these picks, others do not. And there is ammunition on both sides of the argument. For each Cameron Wake and Mike Pouncey on the positive side of the ledger there is also the Pat White, Patrick Turner and Michael Egnew disasters on the negative.

No one would care about any of this if the downside of failure wasn't so high.

^That's so depressing your last line...So true too, man a horrible free agency/draft would set us back for a second straight decade of irrelevance.

Always swing and miss in the second round...those picks are crucial!

I dont remember who it was, im pretty sure it was ckparrothead, that said they had firsthand knowledge that the Ravens front office doesn't think too highly of Ireland in terms of GM competency. Take that for what it's worth.

Come on man - he has only been the final decision maker for two drafts. The last draft Sporano was part of and the first Philbin took part in. And IMHO they have drafted pretty well the last two years...

I refuse to concede that because A.) his contract said he had final say and B.) he cashed his paychecks. Both of those things mean he is responsible.

I definitely respect the opinions of the true professionals, not the janitors, teachers, FEDEX drivers or insurance agents et al. that consider themselves experts on finheaven...
Don't forget the Astro Physicists and MIT grads... this place is peppered with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like Ireland either, but at least he didn't give us a ****ty record along with, no QB, and no money for FA or picks in the draft. If he screws this up its his own damn fault, but at least he got us a QB and saved up money and picks for this off season. Even if he gets fired next year because the rookies are not good enough yet, he is getting us at least 5 young guys who can make an impact on the team for years, and FA's as well. Hopefully he hits on some of those guys so we have something to build on rather than stay stuck at 7-9 for the next few years. I feel that once Brady goes on the decline, we are in the clear because the Bills and Jets are going backwards.

I refuse to concede that because A.) his contract said he had final say and B.) he cashed his paychecks. Both of those things mean he is responsible.

Where can I see copy of Ireland's contract for the years that Parcells was here?

And please pick up a book or article on Parcells management style - I have, and at every stop he has made at the GM level, and even some places where he wore the coaches hat - HE HAD FINAL SAY on ALL personnel. All others in the decision making process offered opinions - thats it...

I would bet that if Parcells wasnt around when the Long/Ryan controversy reared it ugly head - Ireland chooses Ryan instead of Long...

Where can I see copy of Ireland's contract for the years that Parcells was here?

And please pick up a book or article on Parcells management style - I have, and at every stop he has made at the GM level, and even some places where he wore the coaches hat - HE HAD FINAL SAY on ALL personnel. All others in the decision making process offered opinions - thats it...

I would bet that if Parcells wasnt around when the Long/Ryan controversy reared it ugly head - Ireland chooses Ryan instead of Long...

Actually, Parcells wanted Chris Long.

Who remembers when we first signed Parcells?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162909

He was the one in charge of turning this franchise around. How was in control of football operations and that wasn't relinquished until later on. Its funny all the 7-9 going around, because everyone wants to blame Ireland for all the seasons besides the 11-5 one, but I guess you guys would rather the great Parcells for that one and discount the other seasons. Ironic especially because the guy left us in the dirt and then straight up quit yet the guy in charge of football operations is going to take less of the blame then the puppet GM at the time

lol you guys remember the threads and forums when Parcells was here or the season he left how Parcells was getting blamed for all the earlier drafts, and for taking Long over Ryan, and drafting Henne? Now its all Ireland fault because he was the "GM", yet when did Parcells give up CONTROL of football operations TO Ireland.

Back
Top Bottom