Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs and Rams GM impressed with Ireland and Dolphins

But he did get two Pro Bowl seasons out of the guy before the trade, naturally a player's value declines with age...also considering the perceived legal problems he may have been facing his value had declined as well, that's not really Jeff's fault

I've said this before. Marshall wasn't traded because of his talent, he was traded for for being a **** up off the field. All Dolphin fans know this, so I really don't know why we dwell on it...

Now has Ireland found a talent to replace the void Marshall left, No, at least he didn't last season. This season though, it's painfully obvious this is at the top of his list based on yesterdays presser.

I've said this before. Marshall wasn't traded because of his talent, he was traded for for being a **** up off the field. All Dolphin fans know this, so I really don't know why we dwell on it...

Now has Ireland found a talent to replace the void Marshall left, No, at least he didn't last season. This season though, it's painfully obvious this is at the top of his list based on yesterdays presser.

Yea I'll be first to Slam Ireland if he can't find a playmaker at WR this offseason. But I wasn't mad about him not being replaced last year. A. There wasn't much on the market for him to even get, B. He knew it'd be a transition year w/ a rookie coach and most likely rookie QB, C. why overpay for a WR in a weak FA class, when he knew this year's class would be better?

He knew it was an issue, tried to bring in some vets to help. Is it his fault Chad Johnson all of a sudden was having domestic problems or that Gaffney couldn't learn the playbook? I don't think so.

His draft pick at WR last year, Rishard Mathews also looks like a future No. 2 guy. I think he did well.

Yes because Sparano and Parcells had nothing to do with the past. Sparano was an awful coach who couldnt develop talent, and Parcells was pulling the trigger on guys like Pat White and John Nalbone in the draft. And a ****ty owner like Wayne Huizenga allowing fools like Randy Muller waste high round draft picks on terrible players. Yea, none of that contributed to our annualy 7-9 records. With guys like Sparano, Dan Henning, and Parcells, its really a huge surprise that we didnt go 2-14 those years.

Ive never seen a fanbase so ungrateful and narrow minded about having so much cap space, flexibility, and draft picks after upgrading the coach and QB the previous year. Its almost like they would rather have less cap space and less picks just to spite Ireland. Like having Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis on our team would make us winners, because the last 2 years when they were on our team we were complete losers. Really, why are you so worried about having so much cap space and top picks in the draft? Are you afraid Ireland might actually use it well?
i dont think people realize how bad this team was, when the tri-clowns took over.

Yea I'll be first to Slam Ireland if he can't find a playmaker at WR this offseason. But I wasn't mad about him not being replaced last year. A. There wasn't much on the market for him to even get, B. He knew it'd be a transition year w/ a rookie coach and most likely rookie QB, C. why overpay for a WR in a weak FA class, when he knew this year's class would be better?

He knew it was an issue, tried to bring in some vets to help. Is it his fault Chad Johnson all of a sudden was having domestic problems or that Gaffney couldn't learn the playbook? I don't think so.

His draft pick at WR last year, Rishard Mathews also looks like a future No. 2 guy. I think he did well.

I concur.

I think he tried to replace Marshall with some later round picks (even tried to uptain Hilton in the VD trade) and took a waiver on Chad and Gaffney, sadly for him/us none worked out... I know R. Wayne voiced his interest in coming to Miami, I wish we would have at least talked to the guy (but then again he signed with the Colts the first day of free agency so I'm not sure we were even given the chance)...

Still this offseason looks far more promising then last year. Last year at this time, we didn't know what kind of HC Philbin would be, we had Matt Moore as our QB, neede to extend C. Wake and had very little to spend in cap space... Yeah I feel a lot better about where this team is at right now then where we were this time last year.

Not sure Ireland haters will be around once we become successful. Jeff Ireland is all about "the prostitute"

The quote about dez bryant is one of the few things ireland has been RIGHT about. For THAT I supported him.

My animus against ireland is that he is an incompetent personnel evaluator who has a philosophy of avoiding drafting skill-position talent at all costs.

I really think they (Ireland haters) do! Because this would make they're opinion on the man completely invalid, they will always resort to his failures regardless of how much success he will have... While Ireland should be put on blast for his mistakes, he should also be credited for the right choices he's made...

If the Fins turn this thing around, Ireland haters won't admit to being wrong but distribute credit elsewhere (players, coaches etc...) and continue to reminisce on his failures. Nobody likes to admit they are wrong.

Personally I don't like or hate him, I base my opinion on him more so on his latest work then I do in the beginning. If he was stuck on the old philosophy I'd be worried, but I think he's proven, at least in his last draft he's willing to change his ways.

I want Ireland to succeed more than anything. Do you think I really want Ireland to fail to prove my opinion of him? That's absurd. It's not my fault in his 5 years he's been mediocre at best as a GM. The records speak for themselves. It seems Ireland supporters blame everyone (Parcells, Sparano, the fans) for Ireland's failures except Ireland himself. I give him credit for the positive things he's done, but if some of those things are that he found Wake and Bess, then that means he contributed in the 08-10 drafts as well. Ireland supporters claim Parcells was the one in charge, so he shouldn't get credit for finding those hidden gems then. Point is, he's been here for 5 years and has a poor track record. The team has had 4 losing seasons in a row (the worst in 40 years), and people should expect the fans to be optimistic with Ireland having all these picks and cap space?

I want the Dolphins to win. I want him to succeed.

The quote about dez bryant is one of the few things ireland has been RIGHT about. For THAT I supported him.

My animus against ireland is that he is an incompetent personnel evaluator who has a philosophy of avoiding drafting skill-position talent at all costs.

funny. I read this reply, then I read your signature...

I want Ireland to succeed more than anything. Do you think I really want Ireland to fail to prove my opinion of him? That's absurd. It's not my fault in his 5 years he's been mediocre at best as a GM. The records speak for themselves. It seems Ireland supporters blame everyone (Parcells, Sparano, the fans) for Ireland's failures except Ireland himself. I give him credit for the positive things he's done, but if some of those things are that he found Wake and Bess, then that means he contributed in the 08-10 drafts as well. Ireland supporters claim Parcells was the one in charge, so he shouldn't get credit for finding those hidden gems then. Point is, he's been here for 5 years and has a poor track record. The team has had 4 losing seasons in a row (the worst in 40 years), and people should expect the fans to be optimistic with Ireland having all these picks and cap space?

I want the Dolphins to win. I want him to succeed.

Ireland shares the blame for this teams failures with everybody else involved. MOST Ireland haters look at things very black and white. It's all Irelands fault, not the coaches involved or players (Dan Carpenter missing 3 game wining FG's, anyone)... Ireland doesn't get a pass for this team going 7-9 6-10 the last 4 years, but he certainly shouldnt get ALL the blame, like everybody (Ireland haters in general) on here tend to do.

no. its our lack of impact players in the draft. we've found plenty of starters.

We have found "starters" who would be SECOND-STRING on most teams. We consistently ignore the good players and draft mediocre players a round or 2 ahead of their intrinsic value.

It is perfectly legitimate to judge ireland based on how many players he has PASSED ON that are starting, contributing and STARRING for other franchises. That is a LONG and embarrassing list.

Tannehill came to us because of Ross and Philbin. Stephen Ross could have drafted Tannehill all by himself, he didn't need ireland's help. Left to himself, ireland would have gone for cornfed wannabes like always.

Ireland shares the blame for this teams failures with everybody else involved. MOST Ireland haters look at things very black and white. It's all Irelands fault, not the coaches involved or players (Dan Carpenter missing 3 game wining FG's, anyone)... Ireland doesn't get a pass for this team going 7-9 6-10 the last 4 years, but he certainly shouldnt get ALL the blame, like everybody (Ireland haters in general) on here tend to do.

I by no means blame him for everything, but his supporters excuse him from everything. The point is, he's been the GM for 5 years now. Yes Sparano was a mediocre coach at best, and Parcells didn't give a ****, but Ireland is still the GM of the team. Even when Ireland has been by himself, he has not drafted play makers. Do we blame Philbin more for drafting a player like Egnew and not getting TY Hilton? I don't see any play makers on this team that were drafted; I have no reason to believe Ireland will all of a sudden hit on every stud in the draft. I mean I've seen many people on here call for players like Earl Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Hakeem Nicks, and so on. Why does Ireland keep passing on these guys?

Either way, this is his last chance. No more inactive Egnews, Daniel Thomases, Pat Whites, Sean Smiths, and so on.... I want some game changers.

High praise from the bottom feeders. I would welcome those comments from the GM's from SF, NE, GB, NO...
What good is having so many draft picks when we waste them on draft day, or trade the players a few years later.
We have not had that one draft that transforms a team from a loser to a winner with the best players from each round.
That always eludes Jeff Ireland.

High praise from the bottom feeders. I would welcome those comments from the GM's from SF, NE, GB, NO...
What good is having so many draft picks when we waste them on draft day, or trade the players a few years later.
We have not had that one draft that transforms a team from a loser to a winner with the best players from each round.
That always eludes Jeff Ireland.

Yes exactly. You're not going to win football games if you are trading your first round pick for a 2nd round pick a few years later. Ireland has a done a pretty good job at finding starters in the draft, but he has consistently missed on the studs in each rounds. He's had several opportunities to get these guys too. Many people on Finheaven call for players like Earl Thomas and Jimmy Graham, but for some reason Ireland continues to whiff on these guys.

Yes exactly. You're not going to win football games if you are trading your first round pick for a 2nd round pick a few years later.

Yes we will. We won 6 games with Vonate Davis and his bum hamstring last year. We won 7 games without him this year. And we have an extra draft pick.

Yes we will. We won 6 games with Vonate Davis and his bum hamstring last year. We won 7 games without him this year. And we have an extra draft pick.

You make a good argument here, but the point is, there were better players out there that we could have drafted instead of Davis that many people called for. The fact that you have to trade him away after only a few years is not a good strategy for success. You say "and his bum hamstring," so I assume your opinion is not that high on Davis. Clay Matthews is one of the faces of GB and an elite LB. Nicks is a play maker for the SB winning Giants. Davis was only a solid starter for us.

I know a debate about Ireland with you will go all day, but Ireland has done a pretty good job at finding starters, but he keeps missing on the game changers. This is his last chance to find these guys.

Back
Top Bottom