Bucs fan here... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs fan here...

Beatles123

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Beatles here. I just wanted to offer my two cents on the hiring of your new GM. As always I come in peace.

So, you've hired Dennis Hickey?....Oh...oh....Ohhhhhh....:err:...

Not gonna lie, fellas, this is the one man I hoped you wouldn't hire, for the simple fact I do like you guys alright and I wanted you all to get a good GM...but....well, how do I put this...

Hickey was with us for years and of the 2009 Bucs draft, there ARE NO PLAYERS remaining on our roster and few, if any, from 2005 and 6

Now, if you attribute this to bad GMing i can see that. If you think, as some do, that Dom pulled it together his last two years, you might be inclined to give him a shot...

However..as a PURE TALENT SCOUT...Hickey has a...less than glowing track record...and...and to be honest a lot of us were of the thought that until he left us we would never be rid of Dom/GuAllen drafts.

I'm not making fun, nor am i saying you should panic...I'm just saying that, from our perspective...this hire is..........

Uh........ :confused:

Not...what you guys want. A lot of us are kinda...celebrating this, actually....

*I* however want you, as a Florida franchise, to do well...I just thought you should know how it looked on our end. I do hope he proves us wrong for you guys, but being completely honest...? I don't see it. He has a bad reputation 'round our area and, supposedly, the league.

Here's hoping for the best. Don't shoot the messenger...just some info to think about.

- Beatles.

This doesn't tell us anything. What do 2005 and '06 have to do with the price of tea in China?

Thanks for the finishing touches on completely ruining my day.. I appreciate your honesty tho..

Shank:

Hickey was very much a part of those drafts as he was oour head scout and worked very closely with our GM's to make those drafts. The truth is, we have had not one impressive draft with Hickey here until perhaps 2012 when we got Barron, Martin and David all in one. Most fans of our will tell you he was part of our draft problem. Just being honest.

Thanks for hickey. He is a vast improvement over Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good honesty. All we can hope is now that Hickey makes his own decisions, he could prove better. Or he sucks and we clean house in a year. All there is to say really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By all means, Langer. You have every right to feel frustrated. In no way was I trying to make it worse.

Well, Fanphins, he worked very closely with Bruce Allen just as he did Dom...so...let us look at the Bucs' draft history.

2004:

1 Michael Clayton Louisiana State
3 Marquis Cooper Washington
4 Will Allen Ohio State
5 Jeb Terry North Carolina
6 Nate Lawrie Yale
7 Mark Jones Tennessee
7 Casey Cramer Dartmouth
7 Lenny Williams Southern

2005:

1 Cadillac Williams Auburn
2 Barrett Ruud Nebraska
3 Alex Smith Stanford
3 Chris Colmer North Carolina State
4 Dan Buenning Wisconsin
5 Donte Nicholson Oklahoma
5 Larry Brackins Pearl River C.C.
6 Anthony Bryant Alabama
7 Rick Razzano Mississippi
7 Paris Warren Utah
7 Hamza Abdullah Washington State
7 J.R. Russell Louisville

2006:

1 Davin Joseph Oklahoma
2 Jeremy Trueblood Boston College
3 Maurice Stovall Notre Dame
4 Alan Zemaitis Penn State
5 Julian Jenkins Stanford
6 Bruce Gradkowski Toledo
6 T.J. Williams North Carolina State
7 Justin Phinisee Oregon
7 Charles Bennett Clemson
7 Tim Massaquoi Michigan

2007:

1 Gaines Adams Clemson
2 Arron Sears Tennessee
2 Sabby Piscitelli Oregon State
3 Quincy Black New Mexico
4 Tanard Jackson Syracuse
5 Greg Peterson North Carolina Central
6 Adam Hayward Portland State
7 Chris Denman Fresno State
7 Marcus Hamilton Virginia
7 Kenneth Darby Alabama

2008:

1 Aqib Talib Kansas
2 Dexter Jackson Appalachian State
3 Jeremy Zuttah Rutgers
4 Dre Moore Maryland
5 Josh Johnson San Diego
6 Geno Hayes Florida State
7 Cory Boyd

2009:

1 Josh Freeman Kansas State
3 Roy Miller Texas
4 Kyle Moore Southern Cal
5 Xavier Fulton Illinois
7 E.J. Biggers Western Michigan
7 Sammie Stroughter Oregon State

2010:

1 Gerald McCoy Oklahoma
2 Brian Price UCLA
2 Arrelious Benn Illinois
3 Myron Lewis Vanderbilt
4 Mike Williams Syracuse
6 Brent Bowden Virginia Tech
7 Cody Grimm Virginia Tech
7 Dekoda Watson Florida State
7 Erik Lorig Stanford

I can keep going but it continues like this...so yeah.

did he hit on more or less draft picks than jeff ireland? thats all i care about.

Did any of your high draft picks actually see the field last year or get extended playing time B123 ?

If the answer is yes he's a improvement over what we had,

Thanks for nothing Tampa Bay fan. You guys have your own dumpster fire. Stay away from ours.

They do? From what I've seen they've been consistently knocking it out of the park all offseason. Comparing the two offseasons is like watching a Globetrotters game.

Shank:

Hickey was very much a part of those drafts as he was oour head scout and worked very closely with our GM's to make those drafts. The truth is, we have had not one impressive draft with Hickey here until perhaps 2012 when we got Barron, Martin and David all in one. Most fans of our will tell you he was part of our draft problem. Just being honest.
i must have read it wrong - I thought you were singling out those two drafts as the reason why the bucs aren't winning now. My point was that those were a long time ago and most teams wouldn't have a ton of guys still on their rosters 7-9 years later. Now in looking at your drafts from '04 through '10 I can honestly say I don't recognize most of those players.

Hickey was thought of as Dom's buddy as well. In all the drafts I mentioned there has ALWAYS been a pick that we absolutely ended up hating. Like Da'Quan Bowers in round two, or Glennon in the 3rd in last years' outing. Some of them just screamed favoritism on the part of the staff.

Back
Top Bottom