Bucs fan here... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bucs fan here...

i just want to know who gets the credit for the lavonte david pick??? cause that takes a person that sees the player over less than ideal physical measurables...

i was a huge david 1st round pick worthy prospect in that draft...damn good player at nebraska

I think he was a case of BPA AND need. We traded back into the first, got Martin, then traded back into the third for David. Quincy black was terribad and we needed him as an upgrade at the LB spot.

Shank:

Hickey was very much a part of those drafts as he was oour head scout and worked very closely with our GM's to make those drafts. The truth is, we have had not one impressive draft with Hickey here until perhaps 2012 when we got Barron, Martin and David all in one. Most fans of our will tell you he was part of our draft problem. Just being honest.

I read this as he's improving.

Time to celebrate!

Beatles here. I just wanted to offer my two cents on the hiring of your new GM. As always I come in peace.

So, you've hired Dennis Hickey?....Oh...oh....Ohhhhhh....:err:...

Not gonna lie, fellas, this is the one man I hoped you wouldn't hire, for the simple fact I do like you guys alright and I wanted you all to get a good GM...but....well, how do I put this...

Hickey was with us for years and of the 2009 Bucs draft, there ARE NO PLAYERS remaining on our roster and few, if any, from 2005 and 6

Now, if you attribute this to bad GMing i can see that. If you think, as some do, that Dom pulled it together his last two years, you might be inclined to give him a shot...

However..as a PURE TALENT SCOUT...Hickey has a...less than glowing track record...and...and to be honest a lot of us were of the thought that until he left us we would never be rid of Dom/GuAllen drafts.

I'm not making fun, nor am i saying you should panic...I'm just saying that, from our perspective...this hire is..........

Uh........ :confused:

Not...what you guys want. A lot of us are kinda...celebrating this, actually....

*I* however want you, as a Florida franchise, to do well...I just thought you should know how it looked on our end. I do hope he proves us wrong for you guys, but being completely honest...? I don't see it. He has a bad reputation 'round our area and, supposedly, the league.

Here's hoping for the best. Don't shoot the messenger...just some info to think about.

- Beatles.

thanks for the honest post dude, as I know its probably not easy going to another team's forum and spilling some home truths.

Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Hickey for at least 3 years no matter how bad or good he turns out, I don't think we will only just give him a year, as some people are making out.

Back
Top Bottom