Buffalo with High Hopes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo with High Hopes

B-LO said:
Please explain how the unit is possibly better.

The Giants cut Allen (who has always been bad in coverage) to pick up Madison, who he is replacing in Miami, and you lost Schulters and replaced him with Hill/Tillman -- who are both castoff journeymen. It is too bad that your first-round draft pick who "is way better than Whitner" couldn't crack the starting lineup in your weak defensive backfield.

The thing is, Whitner would've fallen to Miami if Buffalo hadn't taken him. That was hilarious when they drafted him. :lol:

We had one of the worst cornerback duos last year in an old and slow Madison, and the horrendous Reggie Howard. Will Allen will flourish in our secondary, you just watch. Travis Daniels is in his second year and played very well last year. I have all the confidence in the world in Travis. The safties will do just fine. Renaldo Hill has always been a solid player. Tillman will start week 1, but after a game or 2, we should see Jason Allen in the lineup. I bet you the Fins secondary is in the top half of the league this year.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The thing is, Whitner would've fallen to Miami if Buffalo hadn't taken him. That was hilarious when they drafted him. :lol:

Whitner would've been picked by Detroit.

Bandit said:
Ah, but you forgot these two sterling performances that Daunte turned the next week after these in "meaningful" games:

2000 Conference Playoff: NY Giants 41, Minnesota Vikings 0
Culpepper: 28 atts 13 comp 78 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs 1 Fumble

2004 Divisional Playoff: Philadelphia Eagles 27, Minnesota Vikings 14
Culpepper: 46 atts 24 comp 316 yards 1 TDs 2 INTs 1 Fumble

I find it most intriguing how Miami fans conveniently ignore facts that don't suit their fantasies -- and call fans of other teams "homers" and "idiots".

It's really tiring trying to slow down to explain things to people like you.

The poster that I responded to claimed that Culpepper had never won a meaningful game. I made no claims of anything. (are you with me so far?)

He dared anyone to prove him wrong (Still with me?)

I easily found two playoff wins that were led by Culpepper. Playoff wins are considered meaningful. (still with me?)

The poster looks like an idiot for making a claim that is so easy to refute and then daring people to prove him wrong. (was that slow enough for you?)

I never claimed that Culpepper won all of his games.

The thing that is hillarious is that in 2000, Culpepper was in his 2nd season and his 1st as a starter (same as JP last season). He led his team to an 11-5 record, a playoff win, and a trip to the conference championship game. Somehow, in the eyes of some, he has never won a meaningful game???? He put up these numbers:

Daunte Culpepper 297 474 62.7 3937 8.31 33 16 98.0

If Losman had put up those numbers last season, Bills fans would be booking hotels in Canton already. Yet, they still want to criticize Culpepper. Yes, they are idiots. Thanks for helping me point that out.

B-LO said:
Please explain how the unit is possibly better.

The Giants cut Allen (who has always been bad in coverage) to pick up Madison, who he is replacing in Miami, and you lost Schulters and replaced him with Hill/Tillman -- who are both castoff journeymen. It is too bad that your first-round draft pick who "is way better than Whitner" couldn't crack the starting lineup in your weak defensive backfield.

Will Allen wasn't cut. He played out his rookie contract. Sam Madison was cut. So Miami got an UFA and the Giants got a guy who was cut. What was your point again?

We "lost" Shulters? No, I'm pretty sure we could find him if we wanted to. He has not signed on with another team. Obviously the coaches feel that he is not better than the players they have. Hill gives them a player with experience at safety and CB. He will be the nickle or dime CB when Jason Allen takes over the starting position.

All of the players that they brought in are young and have starting experience in the NFL.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Will Allen wasn't cut. He played out his rookie contract. Sam Madison was cut. So Miami got an UFA and the Giants got a guy who was cut. What was your point again?

We "lost" Shulters? No, I'm pretty sure we could find him if we wanted to. He has not signed on with another team. Obviously the coaches feel that he is not better than the players they have. Hill gives them a player with experience at safety and CB. He will be the nickle or dime CB when Jason Allen takes over the starting position.

All of the players that they brought in are young and have starting experience in the NFL.

You can't be serious about Will Allen, can you? Dude, he's a bust. Teams don't allow high draft pick corners to walk if they believed they were solid players. The Giants had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL last year. Allen was a big reason why. Ask any Giants fan about him. You are honestly excited about a guy that an awful secondary didn't want starting for you? :shakeno:

Plus, it would be a lot cheaper to re-sign Will Allen than a guy with Madison's resume. As a Bills fan, I hate Madison but I always had a great deal of respect for him. He was a very good to great player. You seem to forget he sparked your "great" comeback win against us by picking off Losman in the endzone (beautiful call by your new offensive coordinator to threw on first and goal at the 3 up 21-3 late in the 3rd. Pure genius. :rolleyes: ). Ask a Giants fan how many big plays Allen has made in his time there?

Fact is that every team, expect one (:dolphins: ), would rather have an old Madison than a young Allen. Madison >>>>>>>> Allen :cooldude:

Aqua4Ever04 said:

We had one of the worst cornerback duos last year in an old and slow Madison, and the horrendous Reggie Howard. Will Allen will flourish in our secondary, you just watch. Travis Daniels is in his second year and played very well last year. I have all the confidence in the world in Travis. The safties will do just fine. Renaldo Hill has always been a solid player. Tillman will start week 1, but after a game or 2, we should see Jason Allen in the lineup. I bet you the Fins secondary is in the top half of the league this year.

Why is it funny that Buffalo drafted Whitner? Because we got a player from one of the best defenses in the country? Or perhaps, we got a player who will actually contribute right away? I apologize that our safety didn't specialize in getting trucked in college, or getting beat for 40 yards completions over his head, or play on one of the worst Tennessee teams in like 20 years. I'm sorry. :cooldude:

from what a lot of Giant fans say, Allen's problem is he can't catch an int, but he's pretty good in coverage.

You really can't go by preseason too much because some starters barely play. The one thing that made me optimistic is how we handled Carolina's first team D, but at the same time we struggled against them running. I also liked how we kept their offense in check, but Smith wasn't playing.

And Losman will not shred our secondary. Not because he's not good, I'll reserve my judgement until he starts all 16 games in a season. However, with Juron as your coach, you will not see how good Losman is, nor will Evans meet his full potential.

ChambersWI said:
from what a lot of Giant fans say, Allen's problem is he can't catch an int, but he's pretty good in coverage.

You really can't go by preseason too much because some starters barely play. The one thing that made me optimistic is how we handled Carolina's first team D, but at the same time we struggled against them running. I also liked how we kept their offense in check, but Smith wasn't playing.

And Losman will not shred our secondary. Not because he's not good, I'll reserve my judgement until he starts all 16 games in a season. However, with Juron as your coach, you will not see how good Losman is, nor will Evans meet his full potential.

Fair points. But look at Jauron's QBs in Chicago: Shane Matthews & Jim Miller (who he went 13-3 with), Cade McCown, and Kordell Stewart. I also believe a certain wr you have by the name of Booker had his most productive years under Jauron. Additionally, we have the Rams offensive coordinator from last year. They know a little something about offensive football.

And though the preseason doesn't mean squat, the Bills have had 5 plays of 40 or more yards. That's pretty impressive. Personally, Evans is gonna emerge as one of the league's best and Losman will progress as most 3rd year QBs do. I'm not promising anything but I have high hopes the Bills will be a very exciting team with a very young nucleus. They will suprise a bunch of people. I guess time will tell.

And there is no way Allen is an upgrade from Madison. :wink:

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
Why is it funny that Buffalo drafted Whitner? Because we got a player from one of the best defenses in the country? Or perhaps, we got a player who will actually contribute right away? I apologize that our safety didn't specialize in getting trucked in college, or getting beat for 40 yards completions over his head, or play on one of the worst Tennessee teams in like 20 years. I'm sorry. :cooldude:

The point is, the Bills didn't get the value they could've recievd for that pick. Denver was looking to trade up and Buffalo couldn't moved down and still taken Whitner. The point is, Whitner wasn't going any where for at lead 6 or 7 more picks.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The point is, the Bills didn't get the value they could've recievd for that pick. Denver was looking to trade up and Buffalo couldn't moved down and still taken Whitner. The point is, Whitner wasn't going any where for at lead 6 or 7 more picks.

In 3 years no one will care.

We took Mike Williams over Levi Jones who everyone said was a huge reach for the Bengals, and the Bengals look like geniuses now.

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
You can't be serious about Will Allen, can you? Dude, he's a bust. Teams don't allow high draft pick corners to walk if they believed they were solid players. The Giants had one of the worst secondaries in the NFL last year. Allen was a big reason why. Ask any Giants fan about him. You are honestly excited about a guy that an awful secondary didn't want starting for you? :shakeno:

Plus, it would be a lot cheaper to re-sign Will Allen than a guy with Madison's resume. As a Bills fan, I hate Madison but I always had a great deal of respect for him. He was a very good to great player. You seem to forget he sparked your "great" comeback win against us by picking off Losman in the endzone (beautiful call by your new offensive coordinator to threw on first and goal at the 3 up 21-3 late in the 3rd. Pure genius. :rolleyes: ). Ask a Giants fan how many big plays Allen has made in his time there?

Fact is that every team, expect one (:dolphins: ), would rather have an old Madison than a young Allen. Madison >>>>>>>> Allen :cooldude:

I'll take Nick Saban's opinion over yours.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I'll take Nick Saban's opinion over yours.

You mean the same Nick Saban who signed and is currently starting Bennie Anderson? The same Bennie Anderson Ravens fans said was their worst lineman before the Bills signed him? The same Bennie Anderson who was the worst lineman on our awful line last year?

Yeah, Saban is a god and never messes up. :rolleyes2

BuffaloSoldier2 > Nick Saban :wink:

Crisis said:
In 3 years no one will care.

We took Mike Williams over Levi Jones who everyone said was a huge reach for the Bengals, and the Bengals look like geniuses now.

Exactly... a good player is a good player. No one cares where you get a player from if they can play. Pat Williams was an undrafted FA. Whitner is a ball player.

And there is no way Allen is an upgrade from Madison

In his prime, you're right. I'm not going to lie to you, I've never payed much attention to how Allen played with the Giants, just that he was a good corner, and that the Giants fans were upset that you guys got Clement, and he became a great corner (though some Buffalo fans have said he is overrated). So I'm not going to come out and defend him to no end because he's on my team.

I will agree with you that Evans will become one of the best in the league. He was in my top 3 choices in the 04 draft (the other 2 being Andrews and Wilfork).

The one real weakness I see in your defense is the D-Line. IMO you guys need another DE to step up aside from Schobel. I don't know what you guys are looking for out of your DTs, but from what I remember from Juron's time in Chicago is he liked big guys (he had Traylor and Washington). If that's what you guys are going for Triplett is not a great fit for your D. I don't know much about McCargo, but I will say that I thought that there were better DTs available in the draft.

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
You mean the same Nick Saban who signed and is currently starting Bennie Anderson? The same Bennie Anderson Ravens fans said was their worst lineman before the Bills signed him? The same Bennie Anderson who was the worst lineman on our awful line last year?

Yeah, Saban is a god and never messes up. :rolleyes2

BuffaloSoldier2 > Nick Saban :wink:

Bennie Anderson started for several years in Baltimore. Are you a better judge than their front office and coaching staff too? Different teams have different styles of play on the OL. Anderson may fit better in Miami than he did in Buffalo.

Let us know when your wisdom is recognized and you are hired by an NFL franchise. Until then, yes, I'll stick with Saban.

Back
Top Bottom