Buffalo with High Hopes | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buffalo with High Hopes

BuffaloSoldier2 said:
And there is no way Allen is an upgrade from Madison.

Will Allen is a better fit for Saban's scheme. Saban expects more from his corners than playing one on one coverage. They must be able to play a variety of defenses and they must be able to tackle. Madison struggled last season. In addition, his best years are behind him.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Will Allen is a better fit for Saban's scheme. Saban expects more from his corners than playing one on one coverage. They must be able to play a variety of defenses and they must be able to tackle. Madison struggled last season. In addition, his best years are behind him.

Allen is definitely an upgrade over Madison. Madison was one of the best corners in the league, but he is no longer what he once was. He has clearly lost a few steps. Allen has all the tools to be an outstanding cover corner. He is younger, faster, and is a better tackler than Madison. I think Saban can coach him up to play at a high level in Miami. I am sure that you will see Allen have a better season in Miami than Madison will in NY.

Dolfan984 said:
Check it out Bills fans, I already got a 50 dollar bet on who's going to have the better record between the Dolphins and Jets.

Is any Bills fan here bold enough to make the same bet between the Dolphins and Bills?
I'll bet that 50 you don't sweep us, like we did to you 2 years ago and should have done last year. I really hope you beat Pitt. I think that will help are chances, I just think we have a better chance of making you 1-1 instead of 0-2. I know it will be your home opener and it will be sick(i'l be there) , but maybe you won't be AS hungry if your already 1-0, and maybe a LITTLE too confident? Well see.

B-lo said:
I'll bet that 50 you don't sweep us, like we did to you 2 years ago and should have done last year. I really hope you beat Pitt. I think that will help are chances, I just think we have a better chance of making you 1-1 instead of 0-2. I know it will be your home opener and it will be sick(i'l be there) , but maybe you won't be AS hungry if your already 1-0, and maybe a LITTLE too confident? Well see.

I will never predict a sweep against a divisional opponent. 95% of the games between the Bills and Dolphins are dog fights, to bet on a sweep would probably be one of the stupidest things I could do. I'm still down for the whole season bet though.

IMO I think the Dolphins should've swept the Bills last year, not the other way around. The Phins were driving late in the first game, and Ronnie bearly fumbled to seal you guys the win. :(

Dolfan984 said:
I will never predict a sweep against a divisional opponent. 95% of the games between the Bills and Dolphins are dog fights, to bet on a sweep would probably be one of the stupidest things I could do. I'm still down for the whole season bet though.

IMO I think the Dolphins should've swept the Bills last year, not the other way around. The Phins were driving late in the first game, and Ronnie bearly fumbled to seal you guys the win. :(
No thanks on the hole season, I already donate to the united way.:lol: But you can't be serious , you think that you should have came back by that many points? You think that great comeback and the Bills meltdown should have happened? I don't think so?:shakeno:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Bennie Anderson started for several years in Baltimore. .
and raven fans laughed at us when we picked him up and we didn't believe them. Look it up on BZ.

Whitner20 said:
Like the reality that Miami has cast offs playing in there secondary, and they have Daunte "fantasy guy" Culpepper at QB.....

The Bills may not be good, but at least we have the unknown... all you've got is a Qb that is irresponsible with the football who has never won a meaningful game in his NFl career, and who always chokes when it counts..... Oh, and he's coming off the worst season of his professional career and a horrible knee injury.....

SB my ***..... get a clue, and refute anything I've said.

"who has never won a meaningful game in his NFl career"

This should be a movie called the Buffalo Story

B-lo said:
No thanks on the hole season, I already donate to the united way.:lol: But you can't be serious , you think that you should have came back by that many points? You think that great comeback and the Bills meltdown should have happened? I don't think so?:shakeno:

Probably not, but how many points did they score after the first quarter. It was last year man, what happened happened. This season when you guys go 6-10 maaaaybe 7-9 you'll understand that one season turnarounds are rare.

Dolfan984 said:
Probably not, but how many points did they score after the first quarter. It was last year man, what happened happened. This season when you guys go 6-10 maaaaybe 7-9 you'll understand that one season turnarounds are rare.
"That's why they play the games!" We will see, can't wait. Good luck trying to find someone to donate to you on that bet?
:shakeno: My guess is the dolphins will have a better record than the Bills and Jets. But who know's?

B-lo said:
"That's why they play the games!" We will see, can't wait. Good luck trying to find someone to donate to you on that bet?
:shakeno: My guess is the dolphins will have a better record than the Bills and Jets. But who know's?

Hey man, I just try to get people to back up what they're sayin. I know all about "thats why they play the games" It's not like I actively go out lookin for people to bet :lol: My guess is the Dolphins will have a better record than the Jets and Bills too, that's why I'm confident in betting this year when it comes to those three teams (well i got another bet with my friend against the Raiders which is pretty much a shoe in too...stupid raiders fans). I'm not some homer who thinks the Dolphins are going 16-0, but I do know that they should have a solid team that is way farther in their rebuilding process than the Jets and Bills.

Miami2Canton said:
I found this little gem while trolling on the Buffalo Forums, was curious to see what they thought of their upcoming season. I almost fell out of my chair with this one. I just love the "Destroy the Fish at Home" section, it was my favorite. The last line is a close second.:sidelol:

"A BOLD PREDICTION"

"Lookin at the schedule I feel we will be 9-6 with a chance to go 10-6 goin to Baltimore in a huge season finale for both teams.

Over the first six weeks we will be 3-3 after losin a close one to the Patsies to open the season. Goin in to week 7 against the Pats the bas*ards come into the Ralph and stomp us goin into the bye. JP plays horribly and people all over these boards will be callin for his head. Comin off the bye we annihilate Favre and the Packers with a career performance from JP against a weak defence. We then go into Indy a lose by 10 as our D just can't hold Peyton down in a 34-24 type game. We then role off two big wins against Houston and Jacksonville before losing a close one to the Chargers as Gates has a big game while we contain LT. We then destroy the Fish at home, crushing their playoff hopes while we go to 8-6. After a dismantling of the Titans we go into Baltimore with the winner getting the final spot in the playoffs with a trip to Pittsburgh in the first round.
This is best case scenario and since its the beginning of the season I just can't help but believe its gonna happen. Our first units have been lookin pretty good compared to all the other teams I've seen so far this preseason and I've seen a subantial amount of them thanks to the NFL Network. I say we look every bit as good as teams like the Ravens, Vikings, Jaguars, Rams who are all supposed playoff contenders.
Here's to the beginning of another good run in Bills history! http://boards.buffalobills.com/emoticons/beerbang.gif"
</IMG></IMG>

:refuse:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Oh you mean the same secondary that allowed Chambers to catch 15 balls for 238 yards? Or the same defense that allowed Sage Rosenfels to score 21 points in one quarter on them?

All you listed about our secondary is names. That group will be much better than last year's unit. Each position is upgraded and we have a lot of depth in the backfield. You just wait and see, they'll be fine.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

LMAO!:billsbite :monkeyl:

Justasportsfan said:
and raven fans laughed at us when we picked him up and we didn't believe them. Look it up on BZ.

As a Dolphins fan I hated that signing. He is awful, nothing went right for the Bills last year but nothing was quite as bad as Bennie Anderson either.

Dolfan984 said:
Hey man, I just try to get people to back up what they're sayin. I know all about "thats why they play the games" It's not like I actively go out lookin for people to bet :lol: My guess is the Dolphins will have a better record than the Jets and Bills too, that's why I'm confident in betting this year when it comes to those three teams (well i got another bet with my friend against the Raiders which is pretty much a shoe in too...stupid raiders fans). I'm not some homer who thinks the Dolphins are going 16-0, but I do know that they should have a solid team that is way farther in their rebuilding process than the Jets and Bills.
You are not WAY FARTHER than the Bills, the Bills will surprise this year watch. But If you think your "way farther" than the Bills give me 3 games and I'll take your bet. And a push is a push, so if you win 11 and we win 8 it's a push. If your that much better give me 3!?
:lol:

B-lo said:
You are not WAY FARTHER than the Bills, the Bills will surprise this year watch. But If you think your "way farther" than the Bills give me 3 games and I'll take your bet. And a push is a push, so if you win 11 and we win 8 it's a push. If your that much better give me 3!?
:lol:

I'll give you 2, that a compromise?

And you guys have a brand new head coach, yall are a year behind in the rebuilding process. It's up to the opinion if that's 'way farther' or not.

Back
Top Bottom