Burke Must Go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Must Go

dnr3131

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'm not one for calling for people's job(s). In this case, Burke must go. Everyone makes mistakes, it is up to the player as well as the coaches to correct them. But when the same mistakes are made OVER and OVER and OVER again, there needs to be a change. I'm sick of seeing TEs and RBs running free, yes WIDE OPEN. For it to happen once or twice, it happens, but I see it every game, even the games that we win, there is still a couple of plays that someone is WIDE OPEN.
Even the games the defense plays well, it hasn't been because of exotic or creative defensive play calling. I wounder if there will be a "D" coordinator change once Houston punts once and scores 30+???? Let me guess, Gase will side with Burke and have some lame excuse.
I'm sorry, but if Gase isn't able to recognize Burke must go, then maybe it is him that must go as well?????

I can't stand facing a well coached team. Not saying Patrica is a great coach, but he already had the winning formula to beat Miami for his protege Billacheat. I figured we were doomed from the start yesterday. Coaching makes all the difference in today's game.

Not saying Patrica is a great coach, but he already had the winning formula to beat Miami for his protege Billacheat.

Thinking back on the few victories Miami has had against NE over the last 2 decades its like BB/NE "Let" Miami win a few along the way (None that mattered) at opportune times just to make it seem like it could be done.

Thinking back on the few victories Miami has had against NE over the last 2 decades its like BB/NE "Let" Miami win a few along the way (None that mattered) at opportune times just to make it seem like it could be done.
I’m pretty sure it’s not that Belichick decided to let Miami win but it sure seems that way. We only beat them when nothing is on the line.

I'm saying that Patricia is a great coach. If we thought we were going to fool him with our bull crap wide 9 and no DT over the C we were totally wrong. I'm not the x's and o's guy but I clearly saw a rookie RB named Johnson make our entire defense look like a bunch of weak slow losers. If it wasn't him it was Blount blasting through, like we needed the New England flashback! Then there was Stafford who threw to wide open receivers all day with all the time he needed to make the throws. So we were deploying the no pass rush, can't stop the run and yet get riddled by the pass all day because were in soft zones making things all comfy for Stafford. What's wrong with these coaches. Adjust, for God's sake. Burke came out after halftime with the same crap that didn't work in the first half. They ask Gase at the post game presser and he says, we couldn't stop them. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's hiding under his hat dying to get out of there. Albert Wilson is out for a while. Sobering thought-what would our record be if we didn't have Wilson to help us get to 4-3. Let's all send up a prayer for Albert, a great player and a great person. Get better, brother.

I'm saying that Patricia is a great coach. If we thought we were going to fool him with our bull crap wide 9 and no DT over the C we were totally wrong. I'm not the x's and o's guy but I clearly saw a rookie RB named Johnson make our entire defense look like a bunch of weak slow losers. If it wasn't him it was Blount blasting through, like we needed the New England flashback! Then there was Stafford who threw to wide open receivers all day with all the time he needed to make the throws. So we were deploying the no pass rush, can't stop the run and yet get riddled by the pass all day because were in soft zones making things all comfy for Stafford. What's wrong with these coaches. Adjust, for God's sake. Burke came out after halftime with the same crap that didn't work in the first half. They ask Gase at the post game presser and he says, we couldn't stop them. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's hiding under his hat dying to get out of there. Albert Wilson is out for a while. Sobering thought-what would our record be if we didn't have Wilson to help us get to 4-3. Let's all send up a prayer for Albert, a great player and a great person. Get better, brother.

Patricia is already a GREAT coach?

This place is absolutely insane after a loss.

I'm not one for calling for people's job(s). In this case, Burke must go. Everyone makes mistakes, it is up to the player as well as the coaches to correct them. But when the same mistakes are made OVER and OVER and OVER again, there needs to be a change. I'm sick of seeing TEs and RBs running free, yes WIDE OPEN. For it to happen once or twice, it happens, but I see it every game, even the games that we win, there is still a couple of plays that someone is WIDE OPEN.
Even the games the defense plays well, it hasn't been because of exotic or creative defensive play calling. I wounder if there will be a "D" coordinator change once Houston punts once and scores 30+???? Let me guess, Gase will side with Burke and have some lame excuse.
I'm sorry, but if Gase isn't able to recognize Burke must go, then maybe it is him that must go as well?????

I can't stand facing a well coached team. Not saying Patrica is a great coach, but he already had the winning formula to beat Miami for his protege Billacheat. I figured we were doomed from the start yesterday. Coaching makes all the difference in today's game.

Firing Burke may not help. If Miami is like all NFL teams, there are people who's job is to scout the other team. There are those who scout Miami and look for tendencies/habits/weaknesses. IMHO, all these people are failing. I can't believe not one guy on the staff has figured out teams focus on bubbles. No one has thought, 'golly, maybe we ought to pass against a loaded box.' No one has noticed there is no FS (being used) on the D. Yeah, Burke is weak, but there's something wrong besides Burke.

I
Firing Burke may not help. If Miami is like all NFL teams, there are people who's job is to scout the other team. There are those who scout Miami and look for tendencies/habits/weaknesses. IMHO, all these people are failing. I can't believe not one guy on the staff has figured out teams focus on bubbles. No one has thought, 'golly, maybe we ought to pass against a loaded box.' No one has noticed there is no FS (being used) on the D. Yeah, Burke is weak, but there's something wrong besides Burke.

I agree. Something is fundamentally wrong. How has Burke, a Harvard educated man, not seen and addressed these fundamental issues?
  • System that relies on pass rush can't generate any pass rush
  • Linebackers that are undersized, whose weakness is taking on blocks, are constantly tasked by our scheme to aggressively fill gaps and take on blocks.
  • Linebackers that struggle to cover backs and tight ends are consistently asked to cover backs and tight ends.
  • Defense that struggles against running QBs constantly asks our DL to rush upfield and not prioritize gap integrity.
Every game. Same struggles. WHY???????!!!!!

Yesterday was bad... but overall the defense has been pretty good this year no?

No. We’re the 27th ranked defense in the NFL in yards/game. 18th in points/game.

2015 we beat them on the last game of season and took away their home field advantage in playoffs. They lost in Denver in AFC Championship and Denver went on to win the Super Bowl. I'd say that loss was pretty crucial to them.

Yeah & after we lost HAYES, apparently setting the edge for our DE's is a totally foreign concept. :bang:

Maybe we need better players? But then we already knew that in the pre-season... Firing a coach before mid-season always works out well.

Back
Top Bottom