Burke Must Go | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Must Go

I’m pretty sure it’s not that Belichick decided to let Miami win but it sure seems that way. We only beat them when nothing is on the line.

They have sure laid some eggs against Miami but none of them actually cost NE in any way OR helped Miami catch them in the standings because it didnt matter one way or the other at that
2015 we beat them on the last game of season and took away their home field advantage in playoffs. They lost in Denver in AFC Championship and Denver went on to win the Super Bowl. I'd say that loss was pretty crucial to them.
Yea I do remember that one...Ok... it mattered or at least meant something 1 time in 20 years

They have sure laid some eggs against Miami but none of them actually cost NE in any way OR helped Miami catch them in the standings because it didnt matter one way or the other at that

Yea I do remember that one...Ok... it mattered or at least meant something 1 time in 20 years
Point taken Miami never beats New England when the game matters to both teams.

In my opinion Matt Patricia is a great coach. I did not say head coach, I said coach. He has won a bunch of Super Bowls. By any definition on the planet Earth, he is a great coach. Will he be a great head coach? WAY too early to know. Talk to me in 2 or 3 years.

Whatever he is right now coached the **** out of our guys and crushed us at home. He had 2 weeks to prepare for us and he beat the hell out of us. Give the man some credit, I hate him too!

I'd like to see Burke make some changes to our scheme before I give up on him, but time is running short.

Maybe he should go climb a mountain, talk to the Dalai Lama, and go meditate on a better defensive scheme.

Yesterday was bad... but overall the defense has been pretty good this year no?

They have exceeded my expectations coming into the season. They do give up yards, but they also have made a ton of big plays this year. We are young on that side of the ball. Basically two rookie linebackers. Rookie slot. Howard in his 3rd year. Second year DTs. McTyer and Tank in their second year. We have stopped the run much better this year until last game. We have the making of a good defense going forward. The DEs have been disappointing though. Need to draft a good one next year.

They have exceeded my expectations coming into the season. They do give up yards, but they also have made a ton of big plays this year. We are young on that side of the ball. Basically two rookie linebackers. Rookie slot. Howard in his 3rd year. Second year DTs. McTyer and Tank in their second year. We have stopped the run much better this year until last game. We have the making of a good defense going forward. The DEs have been disappointing though. Need to draft a good one next year.

Maybe I'm out of touch with reality, but in HS, if a DE failed 3-4 times to set the edge, . . . on to the next guy. It's not like taking any DE out will worsen the pass rush. I'm struggling with who to blame for the run D. Some of the holes are so big I could drive my car through them . . . slowly. Clearly a part of that is DTs. OTOH, the remaining 7 aren't doing well at plugging holes or running to the ball carrier, so, it's not all Burke. But he certainly isn't helping anything. 3rd and 22 and no blitz? Expecting CBs to cover for 5 seconds? And the same O scheme works 4 games in a row?

I agree. Something is fundamentally wrong. How has Burke, a Harvard educated man, not seen and addressed these fundamental issues?

Spoiler alert, going to an Ivy League school doesn't mean you are extremely smart or extremely competent at your job. Never mind the recent (alarming) literature about Harvard legacy students in particular, there's also the fact that someone's education isn't necessarily indicative of their cognitive functions or ability to adapt to new situations. It also does not account for psychological factors such as stubbornness, fear of change, etc.

The most likely explanation for Miami's defensive struggles? The personnel group isn't great and neither is the defensive coordinator. The end.

Maybe I'm out of touch with reality, but in HS, if a DE failed 3-4 times to set the edge, . . . on to the next guy. It's not like taking any DE out will worsen the pass rush. I'm struggling with who to blame for the run D. Some of the holes are so big I could drive my car through them . . . slowly. Clearly a part of that is DTs. OTOH, the remaining 7 aren't doing well at plugging holes or running to the ball carrier, so, it's not all Burke. But he certainly isn't helping anything. 3rd and 22 and no blitz? Expecting CBs to cover for 5 seconds? And the same O scheme works 4 games in a row?

I can't for the life of me think of why our run defense would drop from 13th to 30th in one year with the same coach. It's Suhprising.

I love the great athletes on defense and I think they have a chance to become something special. I agree that Gase should bring in a proven vet as DC if the D continues to go the wrong way. I don't understand how Detroit got such big chunk plays on the ground but it was tough to watch. I'n re watching the game I started thinking that the Lions looked like they had fresher legs. This is because they had 2 weeks to prepare for us coming off a nice comfy bye. The bye had a big effect on the outcome imo. As usual, the flags were thrown at some very strange times for some real ticky tack stuff. The flags extended drives for the Lions in crunch time. So, as crap as we played, the refs found the need to give us some additional bull crap in the 4th quarter just to make sure.

I can't for the life of me think of why our run defense would drop from 13th to 30th in one year with the same coach. It's Suhprising.

I dont want to assuhme anything, but im pretty sure VJ designed this scheme with that guy in mind. It barely worked with him, now it is completely dysfunctional.

Burke is just running VJ's defense, which has now ruined two good defensive teams.

Burke has been in over his head for a while now.

I gotta chime in on this one..... Burke is HORRIBLE. He blitzes maybe 15% of the time. We rarely run stunts or twists up front. There is at least on CB 8 - 10 yards off the ball on every play. There are never any coverage changes pre snap. To me.... All of these things spell disaster for an NFL Defense. I want a D-Coordinator that makes the other teams Offense adjust to them. I want to dictate to the O on all occasions. I want the other team to guess what we're doing next. Burke brings NONE of the above. NONE. And of course I won't even mention the fact that we give up a touchdown on almost every opponents first drive (OK.... I just mentioned it) Look.... Our LB's are young. We have only 1 good CB. Our DL isn't very good right now......BUT.... Burke does nothing to change things up. I would be VERY happy if he was gone next week.... Definitely I want him gone next year.

Back
Top Bottom