Burke Must Go | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Must Go

Deshaun Watson threw 3 tds in 5 passes. We’re supposed to have a great secondary and talent wise it seems we do, but something is wrong with the unit as a whole. This defense is pathetic. So if there’s a lot of talent and they still suck. That’s on coaching.
We are? We do? What players are you watching?

no matt burke showed emotion and threw a tablet. clearly he is not the problem.

On wqam Gase just said he hasn't thought of getting rid of Burke, when reporter asked about Burkes job security.

Gase and Burke absolutely need to be fired. Tomorrow would be nice. Ross is too chickenshit to do it though. Teams going nowhere this year or any year with them.
Ross will fire Grier (but not Tannenbaum) to make it look like he did something, and keep Gase. Mr. Half Measures.

I don't think firing a coordinator mid-season accomplishes much, but I also don't think it would hurt anything at this point.

I've tried real hard to be patient with Matt Burke and be fair to the guy, but I'm just going to go ahead and say what is now self-evident: our defense is really poorly coached and that's 100% on Matt Burke and the head coach who promoted him.

Yeah, I’m usually really patient with first time coordinators, etc.. but it’s EXTREMELY obvious that Burke needs to go. This season someone can step in for him, but next season Gase NEEDS to hire an EXPERIENCED proven DC. There’s wayyyyy too much miscommunication on defense dating back to last season. My biggest complaint about Burke is he always always alwayyyyyyssssss has never proven to be able to adjust once an offense figures his game plan out. Continually banging his head against a brick wall & expecting it to turn into a door.

Yeah, I’m usually really patient with first time coordinators, etc.. but it’s EXTREMELY obvious that Burke needs to go. This season someone can step in for him, but next season Gase NEEDS to hire an EXPERIENCED proven DC. There’s wayyyyy too much miscommunication on defense dating back to last season. My biggest complaint about Burke is he always always alwayyyyyyssssss has never proven to be able to adjust once an offense figures his game plan out. Continually banging his head against a brick wall & expecting it to turn into a door.
For what reasons would an experienced DC be available to be our DC...hmmmmmm....

Why cut off just a finger when the whole hand has frost bite (except Rizzi). Get rid of Gase.

I don't think firing a coordinator mid-season accomplishes much, but I also don't think it would hurt anything at this point.

I've tried real hard to be patient with Matt Burke and be fair to the guy, but I'm just going to go ahead and say what is now self-evident: our defense is really poorly coached and that's 100% on Matt Burke and the head coach who promoted him.

I came here to literally apologize to the posters I called out for trigger-firing Burke last week.

This defense is a mess, people looked confused all game, and once our best corner went out it was a free-for-all. We couldn't stop the run, we couldn't stop the pass, we couldn't even execute on our scheme with any confidence.

Complete defensive meltdown.

I still like Gase doe.

image-from-ios-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom