Bush + Thomas = A Better Henne? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush + Thomas = A Better Henne?

Reggie Bush actually WOULD make Chad Henne better.

Well...I don't know if it makes Chad Henne "better" but with the way Chad Henne checks down all the time, what better check down option than Reggie Bush? At least we KNOW Henne would throw to Reggie out of the backfield. It's then up to Reggie to make something happen since Chad can't. Reggie is capable of camouflaging Henne's major flaws for the blind.

Doesn't it seem like it would be more cost effective to get a good QB rather than throw infinity billion dollars at every other position on offense to make a ****ty QB look average?

DeAngelo Williams is my 1st choice; or, I'd rather sign Derrick Locke and Nic Grigsby to compete for the last spot at RB and spend the money on a pass rusher and a replacement for Crowder.

Doesn't it seem like it would be more cost effective to get a good QB rather than throw infinity billion dollars at every other position on offense to make a ****ty QB look average?
No, a ****ty offense makes any QB look bad and then gives people who just like to hate and blame the QB in a system that hasn't worked with 3 different QB's a reason to hate.

As much as I like the idea of signing Reggie Bush, the guy CANNOT stay healthy, he has not played a full season since 2006, I would much rather go after darren sprolles who has played 3 straight full seasons and has only missed one game in the last 5 seasons, he is much more reliable and can return kicks as well, he would be the perfect complement to Thomas and would hopefully help out henne.

No, a ****ty offense makes any QB look bad and then gives people who just like to hate and blame the QB in a system that hasn't worked with 3 different QB's a reason to hate.

Look, I'm all for building the offense up. I still think Jake Long was a better pick than Matt Ryan. However, Henne has proven time and again that he sucks ***. I didn't like him when we drafted him. Eventually, we have to finally admit that he just isn't any good and no matter how much talent we put around him, he will never be anything more than mediocre.

Look, I'm all for building the offense up. I still think Jake Long was a better pick than Matt Ryan. However, Henne has proven time and again that he sucks ***. I didn't like him when we drafted him. Eventually, we have to finally admit that he just isn't any good and no matter how much talent we put around him, he will never be anything more than mediocre.

What are you basing this on? I know you aeren't talking about the last 2 years in an a system where the offensive play calling was the joke of the league, behind a line with one good player and more changes than sheets on a hotel bed, and running game with less than 4 yards a carry, and no legit deep threat. In order to properly evaluate a QB, you need a system that has a chance for success in the first place. Henne, nor Thig for that matter have had that chance.

What are you basing this on? I know you aeren't talking about the last 2 years in an a system where the offensive play calling was the joke of the league, behind a line with one good player and more changes than sheets on a hotel bed, and running game with less than 4 yards a carry, and no legit deep threat. In order to properly evaluate a QB, you need a system that has a chance for success in the first place. Henne, nor Thig for that matter have had that chance.

Rah-Rah-Rationalization!!

It's not about hate or optimism or pessimism. It's about knowing that Henne has never played well and does not appear to be improving. The real Chad ( Pennington ) had no problems in the same system and that's a guy with a noodle arm that is slow and can't go deep. Henne just doesn't have it in my opinion. I wish he did

It's not about hate or optimism or pessimism. It's about knowing that Henne has never played well and does not appear to be improving. The real Chad ( Pennington ) had no problems in the same system and that's a guy with a noodle arm that is slow and can't go deep. Henne just doesn't have it in my opinion. I wish he did

Maybe, I don't know Chad Pennington was more successful in the system than Chad Henne because the system was designed for Chad Pennington. That's a different argument.

Absolutely Reggie Bush would improve Chad Henne. Look at what happened to the Saints amazing offense when he went out, they weren't anything special. Reggie Bush was Drew Brees' safety net. Whenever nothing was open down field and the pocket was collapsing Drew knew he could dump it off to Bush for a short completion and maybe Bush could break something and make a big play out of it. Now the question is the price tag associated with Bush, cause I don't want to give a lot of guarenteed money to a player with that serious of injury history.

Yes, he would make Henne slightly better.....but that doesn't change the fact that Henne sucks. If we had a QB as good as Orton we would contend for the playoffs every year.....and most people don't even consider him a franchise QB. Point being is that even a good/average QB is ten times better than Henne......and that's sad

I read a headline the other day, before Jason La Canfora's report on Reggie. The headline said that Reggie Bush blames the turf for his ****ed up knee. My first reaction was: "It's also the turf that allowed you to be what (little) you've been."

The turf plays into his game, emphasizing his speed and quickness which are really the only weapons he has to him.

Grass: 167 carries for 563 yards, 3.4 yards per carry, 4 TDs, 7 fumbles
Turf: 357 carries for 1527 yards, 4.3 yards per carry, 13 TDs, 7 fumbles

Last I checked, Miami plays on grass. Why is this a good idea again?

I read a headline the other day, before Jason La Canfora's report on Reggie. The headline said that Reggie Bush blames the turf for his ****ed up knee. My first reaction was: "It's also the turf that allowed you to be what (little) you've been."

The turf plays into his game, emphasizing his speed and quickness which are really the only weapons he has to him.

Grass: 167 carries for 563 yards, 3.4 yards per carry, 4 TDs, 7 fumbles
Turf: 357 carries for 1527 yards, 4.3 yards per carry, 13 TDs, 7 fumbles

Last I checked, Miami plays on grass. Why is this a good idea again?

interesting stat.......nice.....i wonder how much of that has to do with home field advantage

Back
Top Bottom