Bush + Thomas = A Better Henne? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush + Thomas = A Better Henne?

interesting stat.......nice.....i wonder how much of that has to do with home field advantage

When you're a professional home field shouldn't be as big a deal as we make it out to be. Reggie is the most prototypical mold for turf I can't tell if you're serious.

interesting stat.......nice.....i wonder how much of that has to do with home field advantage

Ask and you shall receive.

The answer you seek is "nothing". As in, it has nothing to do with home field advantage. Reggie Bush averaged 5.3 yards per carry on his away game carries on turf, versus 3.4 yards per carry on his away game carries on grass.

It's not about hate or optimism or pessimism. It's about knowing that Henne has never played well and does not appear to be improving. The real Chad ( Pennington ) had no problems in the same system and that's a guy with a noodle arm that is slow and can't go deep. Henne just doesn't have it in my opinion. I wish he did
The real Chad Pennington? haha The real Chad Pennington and our real offense showed up when we didn't have the crutch of the wildcat. The Wildcat was created because the Chad Pennington led offense couldn't do squat. With a weak schedule, the help of the wildcat and a solid running game, we won some games in 08. Penny still only threw for 19 TD's and we still only averaged 21 points per game. Once the Wildcat was solved by other teams, "THE REAL CHAD PENNINGTON" along with our sad offensive scheme came to light. Chad Pennington was 0-4 in his last starts. 2 Td's 6 ints, like 9 sacks and 4 fumbles with a QB rating below 60. It doesn't matter who the QB was, our offensive scheme sucked the last 3 years and was masked a bit by a weak schedule and a gimmick offense.

I remember when an actual thought out opinion or thought got you rep or thanks on this site..

Now hate is the new theme.. It's honestly rather annoying.

I honestly don't really know how the rep thing works, I just know that you are one of a few that have a ton of red. What does that mean?

What are you basing this on? I know you aeren't talking about the last 2 years in an a system where the offensive play calling was the joke of the league, behind a line with one good player and more changes than sheets on a hotel bed, and running game with less than 4 yards a carry, and no legit deep threat. In order to properly evaluate a QB, you need a system that has a chance for success in the first place. Henne, nor Thig for that matter have had that chance.

Excuses

The real Chad Pennington? haha The real Chad Pennington and our real offense showed up when we didn't have the crutch of the wildcat. The Wildcat was created because the Chad Pennington led offense couldn't do squat. With a weak schedule, the help of the wildcat and a solid running game, we won some games in 08. Penny still only threw for 19 TD's and we still only averaged 21 points per game. Once the Wildcat was solved by other teams, "THE REAL CHAD PENNINGTON" along with our sad offensive scheme came to light. Chad Pennington was 0-4 in his last starts. 2 Td's 6 ints, like 9 sacks and 4 fumbles with a QB rating below 60. It doesn't matter who the QB was, our offensive scheme sucked the last 3 years and was masked a bit by a weak schedule and a gimmick offense.

Pennington is far superior to Henne and I think you know that. Pennington always has had more td's than picks and Henne has always had more picks than td's. Henne is awful. Can you tell me one area of Henne's game that he does well?.........Didn't think so. The only things Henne can do well are throw picks, lose games, and have players call him out for sucking

Pennington is far superior to Henne and I think you know that. Pennington always has had more td's than picks and Henne has always had more picks than td's. Henne is awful. Can you tell me one area of Henne's game that he does well?.........Didn't think so. The only things Henne can do well are throw picks, lose games, and have players call him out for sucking
Dude before Penny got here, he was a .500 QB. He has 2 healthy seasons in his entire career. In his last 4 games, without the help of the Wildcat his TD to int ratio was worse than Hennes. I don't want to even talk about his arm. Bottom line is I don't care who the QB was, the system sucked. The 2008 season brainwashed a lot of people on here who don't know about football, who only look at our record, us making the playoffs, and think that Penny was the reason. People don't want to look at the facts that Penny only had 19 TD's, had the help of the best 4th Qtr D in the league that year, and we only averaged 21 points per game. This with major help of the Wildcat and a running game that had an outstanding year, a luxery Henne has never had. Once Penny lost these luxeries and played teams with winning records, he sucked worst than Henne has. Like I said before 2 TD's, 6 ints, 9 sacks, and 4 fumbles (3 lost) in Penny's last 4 games. These are the facts! We won games in 2008 more by what Penny didn't do than what he did. We won games like against the Chargers where we didn't even score the second half...Our Defense came up huge in 2008, especially in the 4th Qtr. Unfortuneately this hasn't been the case the last 2 years. I would also much rather have Henne in 3rd and 7 or longer, which 2008 was the most pathetic display I have ever seen.

A lot of you want Henne to fail to prove a point and it's sad. Henne deserves a chance and competition. He had no running game, no interior line, no TE, Henning, Sparano, and much more. Is he perfect? No, but give him a chance.

Dude before Penny got here, he was a .500 QB. He has 2 healthy seasons in his entire career. In his last 4 games, without the help of the Wildcat his TD to int ratio was worse than Hennes. I don't want to even talk about his arm. Bottom line is I don't care who the QB was, the system sucked. The 2008 season brainwashed a lot of people on here who don't know about football, who only look at our record, us making the playoffs, and think that Penny was the reason. People don't want to look at the facts that Penny only had 19 TD's, had the help of the best 4th Qtr D in the league that year, and we only averaged 21 points per game. This with major help of the Wildcat and a running game that had an outstanding year, a luxery Henne has never had. Once Penny lost these luxeries and played teams with winning records, he sucked worst than Henne has. Like I said before 2 TD's, 6 ints, 9 sacks, and 4 fumbles (3 lost) in Penny's last 4 games. These are the facts! We won games in 2008 more by what Penny didn't do than what he did. We won games like against the Chargers where we didn't even score the second half...Our Defense came up huge in 2008, especially in the 4th Qtr. Unfortuneately this hasn't been the case the last 2 years. I would also much rather have Henne in 3rd and 7 or longer, which 2008 was the most pathetic display I have ever seen.

there is no disputing that our offensive game plan has sucked for years. That is a given. It's also a given that Pennington is a 2 time comeback player of the year, was second in the mvp voting in 2008, has the highest all time completion percentage in the history of the nfl, had a 104.2 Qb rating in 2002, and put up 40 something points against the colts in the playoffs........all things Henne never has and never will do. There is no comparison bro

A lot of you want Henne to fail to prove a point and it's sad. Henne deserves a chance and competition. He had no running game, no interior line, no TE, Henning, Sparano, and much more. Is he perfect? No, but give him a chance.

We have been giving him chances.......for three years.........and he has been terrible the whole time minus that long Ginn TD against the jets. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and eat massive crow. Not gonna happen though

We have been giving him chances.......for three years.........and he has been terrible the whole time minus that long Ginn TD against the jets. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and eat massive crow. Not gonna happen though

First year he didn't even play. The second year he showed promise. The third year he struggled but he had nothing around him. I'm not saying he's the one, but people make it like he's a waste of space on the roster. He can be a good QB in this league. I don't think he's gotten the right weapons and system. Tom Brady would look like crap under Henning.

First year he didn't even play. The second year he showed promise. The third year he struggled but he had nothing around him. I'm not saying he's the one, but people make it like he's a waste of space on the roster. He can be a good QB in this league. I don't think he's gotten the right weapons and system. Tom Brady would look like crap under Henning.

I fully believe that he is a waste of space on the roster. Unless he is the #3 QB. He's not even a good backup and has shown nothing to warrant any type of hope

I fully believe that he is a waste of space on the roster. Unless he is the #3 QB. He's not even a good backup and has shown nothing to warrant any type of hope

Yes he has. People make it like he throws with a 20% completion rate and like 40 interceptions. There's been several games where he has shown promise and looked terrific. He's the definition of inconsistent IMO. Some games he looks great, other games he looks like total crap. Again, I'm not saying he's the one, but people who call for him to be cut are insane. Get the man a real offense and vet QB to compete with.

Yes he has. People make it like he throws with a 20% completion rate and like 40 interceptions. There's been several games where he has shown promise and looked terrific. He's the definition of inconsistent IMO. Some games he looks great, other games he looks like total crap. Again, I'm not saying he's the one, but people who call for him to be cut are insane. Get the man a real offense and vet QB to compete with.

haha, lets not get carried away. Henne has never looked terrific. Inconsistent? For sure. But it's more like he plays average one game and then god awful the next. Even then he has much more awful games than average ones. There is a reason why Henne came in #7 on the list for " most hated players in the nfl by Dolphins fans " He's so bad that even his own fans hate him more than Jets players. Henne hurts us more than Tom Brady does

haha, lets not get carried away. Henne has never looked terrific. Inconsistent? For sure. But it's more like he plays average one game and then god awful the next. Even then he has much more awful games than average ones. There is a reason why Henne came in #7 on the list for " most hated players in the nfl by Dolphins fans " He's so bad that even his own fans hart him more than Jets players. Henne hurts us more than Tom Brady does

Dolphin fans are bipolar. After 2009, he was the supposed 2nd coming of Marino. The defense cost him games. Everyone was praising Henne and blaming Henning. Now everyone blames Henne and completely ignores the fact that Henning is like the worst OC in the league by far. There's several games where he was playing very well. He's showed several flashes. You make it like he's sucked in every single game. Just give him a chance with some competition. There's really no one in FA to get so Henne will be the QB in 2011 IMO.

I'm not a Henne homer and I've been hard on him, but people really need to chill out with all this hate.

Back
Top Bottom