Bush wants to stay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush wants to stay

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...i-want-to-stay-in-miami-and-win-a-super-bowl/

Reggie is a tough one :idk: he can be incredibly frustrating at times but can make a score out of nothing at other times. He is the sort of playmaker any team wants but with his inconsistencies is he worth the cash? It is worth considering that he is also very marketable from a pr/business perspective.

If he didn't want a huge pay-rise I would probably give him two years.

I think we see how the market shapes up and see if we can sign him. I have always wanted to allow him to play the market and see where it sits.

We need to acquire talent not keeping letting it leave.

Should be interesting.

I will say this: It is refreshing to see someone WANT to be in Miami as opposed to the Ryan Clark's and Jeff Fisher's of the world.

Reggie is a fan favorite and is one of the few players that can help with attendance next year. If we get a Solid #1 wr and improve the line, that will take some of the load off of him and he will do much better, imo. I would like to see him in a Fins uniform next year.

The inconsistency is largely a part of the play calling. When they get Reggie wide he is still dangerous. His success between the tackles last year was due in large part to Brandon Marshall. This year Sherman has continuously tried to pound him inside and it won't work. Yesterday he was effective on the edges.

I hope they bring him back because with him and a legitimate WR, this offense becomes very good

Problem with Reggie is he dances so much in the backfield. Sometimes you just need to pick a hole and go. He has been dancing more and more as the season has gone on IMO. I like him as a player and if truth be told, I am not sure Miami fully utilizes his strengths. They need to get him the ball in space.

In the long run this has more to do with the money Reggie wants.

If he takes a decent contract for 2-3 years then he will remain with the team and work with RB committe. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Reggie, Miller and Thomas split carries depending on the game plan and situational play. Reggie is our best receiving RB out of the backfield and can also be utilized as a WR which adds to his value. Not to mention at this point and time is basically our biggest "homerun" threat on the field.

Regardless of the dancing which even frustrates me, when Reggie has one of those "days" he is near unstoppable.

The way i look at Reggie running the ball : A) Dancing in the backfield / Big Plays B) Short gains, Injury prone

I'm okay with the results we are seeing from him as long as he gets that big play every once in a while.

I would however like to see him being used more in the screen game and see if DT can take on a bigger role...

I love the guy but he has to go! He has that inconsistency that just breaks your heart.

I think we see how the market shapes up and see if we can sign him. I have always wanted to allow him to play the market and see where it sits.

We need to acquire talent not keeping letting it leave.

Should be interesting.

I will say this: It is refreshing to see someone WANT to be in Miami as opposed to the Ryan Clark's and Jeff Fisher's of the world.

Blasphemy!

Miller needs to start getting some touches if this front office doesn't plan to bring Reggie back. I like Thomas but he's not a homerun hitter like Bush or Lamar.

This year Bush is the 8th highest paid running back in the NFL.....http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/running-back/
and hasn't played to his contract of $4,500,000 yet some here want to pay him 5.5-6 million
WHY? WHY? WHY?

I'm more worried about "not" giving Lamar Miller enough touches to know what we have
and how this should determine if we keep Bush or let him walk

The hype Miller gets on this forum just because he went to college in Miami is unreal. Bar about two plays he has been about as useful as Egnew so far.

I don't think he necessarily has to go, but I do think he, and the coaching staff have to realize just what his greatest attributes are, and not try and ask him to be the type of back he is not. He's not a between the tackles runner. Thomas proved that yesterday. He needs to be used in space. He's a get to the outside and cut it up field guy. His touchdowns are all eerily the same. I don't think just getting rid of a good player for the sake of it will do us any good. He's a great change of pace back. We still need Thomas to produce. Lane also adds that dimension of size and power. Under utilized IMO. We need to ADD pieces, not get rid of the few that actually contribute.

The hype Miller gets on this forum just because he went to college in Miami is unreal. Bar about two plays he has been about as useful as Egnew so far.

That's not why he gets hyped for dude.

He get's hyped because he's a talented SOB who fell to the 3rd round becuase of injury concerns. He is faster than Bush and hits the hole like Thomas, what's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom