Bush wants to stay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush wants to stay

Sure one day maybe, but right now he is well behind Bush or DT. he could well have a big future but he is far from ready.

One thing I have confidence in Ireland doing is not overpaying and getting a very friendly team deal. Reggie loves Miami (the city) and his S.O. lives down here, as does most of his family now.

I think he stays, for a 2 year/8.5 million dollar deal, likely 4-5 guaranteed. A very team friendly contract, and we likely boot the guy after one year, depending how he performs next season. Gotta see how the rest of the RBs handle their duties.

I'm VERY disappointed Lamar Miller hasn't been active.

I don't mind him staying, but he should be used as part of a committee. Bush is very versatile player, so he can be used in many different sets. Sign him to a 2-3 year contract.

Reggie is a fan favorite and is one of the few players that can help with attendance next year. If we get a Solid #1 wr and improve the line, that will take some of the load off of him and he will do much better, imo. I would like to see him in a Fins uniform next year.

We have been improving the line for 4 years before Philbin got here.

I think I am in the minority, but I make resigning him a priority. Two reasons:

1. Look at his touchdown runs against the Raiders. Look at his touchdown run against the Colts. Look at the touchdown run he had yesterday. The man can produce touchdowns from 15-20+ yards out. The team needs that.

2. Attitude. He gets fired up, he brings some emotion and some intensity. Again, I think that's something the team badly needs.

I don't see how you make the football team better by letting your most productive offensive weapon walk away in free agency. If Lamar Miller still can't pick up the offense well enough for the coaches to trust him, then is that really the guy you want to take his job?

If he's not up for taking a humble contract loaded with incentives, goodbye! I don't care how flashy he can be if he's injured every year.

His popularity makes him too expensive for a 3rd down/scat back. Sproles is a much better player in the same role who gets less pub. If Reggie started returning punts and were utilized more for what he is, then I would want him back.

The hype Miller gets on this forum just because he went to college in Miami is unreal. Bar about two plays he has been about as useful as Egnew so far.
This could have something to do with the fact that we don't use him. I don't know how good he is, I never see him. I do know he is pretty fast.

His popularity makes him too expensive for a 3rd down/scat back. Sproles is a much better player in the same role who gets less pub. If Reggie started returning punts and were utilized more for what he is, then I would want him back.
This is the fault of the coaches and I cant figure out why. It's almost as if they have promised him in writing to be a player that he isn't.

The biggest issue is they don't get him in isolation enough and that can be done with him seeing the field a significant amount of time. What I really like about him is that no one works as hard as he does.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

This could have something to do with the fact that we don't use him. I don't know how good he is, I never see him. I do know he is pretty fast.
They don't use him because he has had trouble picking up the offense and his run blocking has been bad.

1. Look at his touchdown runs against the Raiders. Look at his touchdown run against the Colts. Look at the touchdown run he had yesterday. The man can produce touchdowns from 15-20+ yards out. The team needs that.

2. Attitude. He gets fired up, he brings some emotion and some intensity. Again, I think that's something the team badly needs.

I don't see how you make the football team better by letting your most productive offensive weapon walk away in free agency. If Lamar Miller still can't pick up the offense well enough for the coaches to trust him, then is that really the guy you want to take his job?
i agree with this. another aspect of his attitude is how hard he works and the example that sets for the other guys. i think if attitude and makeup were important enough to philbin that he wanted to trade marshal, a guy who was productive but wasn't seen as having a good attitude, then bush's approach will make philbin push hard for ireland to keep bush around.

and honestly, bush is a celebrity: he helps keep the dolphins relevant nationally and puts asses in the seats. ross will want him to stay if possible.

really, i think it'd be insane to let bush walk unless he like wants to be paid as a top-5 RB. the guy has his issues, and i like what i've seen of miller (heck, i like thomas more than most on this board too), but bush just adds too many dimensions to let him walk.

We should keep him as a playmaker, if we can get decent value. I also get frustrated with the backward runs, but you can't deny his big play ability.

That being said, the market for running backs should provide us a chance to sign him for $3M a year or less. If it doesn't, have a great career with the Raiders.

You're not in the minority at all. I'd sign Reggie back in a heartbeat to be honest. I would want to lock up huge piles of cash and years on him however. If he comes to the table with a reasonable expectation I'm all for signing him for the 2013, 14 and 15 seasons. I'm also for an incentive laden contract, pay for performance.

Congratulations. You're one of the few posters with a sense of reality toward Reggie Bush. There are posters on this site who are so invested in knocking him, dating to New Orleans if not earlier, it's comical desperation. Imagine the agony they must feel when he breaks a run, making a play that no one else on the roster is capable of, and not merely this roster, but the Dolphin roster of 20 years or more. Their plight is mindful of the Monty Python skit on the boxer Ken Clear-Air Systems: "...caused by a small particle of brain in his skull, and once we've removed that he'll be perfectly all right."

If we end up with Daniel Thomas and Lamer Miller, that's the equivalent of nothing. Absolutely nothing. The flash touchdowns will be long gone. You'll put stock in a high stepping mediocrity and a dunce who could not be more soft, drifting along the line and turning 3 yard gains into 2 yard losses. Canes fans late last season were hoping for Miller to turn pro to make way for Duke Johnson. Notice how that turned out.

Reggie should get the ball 15-20 times per game. Mostly I formation. Up the gut and everywhere else. You win in this league with big plays, as that toxic stat reveals. Get rid of Reggie and we volunteer lower standing in that category than we're otherwise entitled to.

We need to re-sign Bush, Long, Hartline, Fasano, Starks to home town deals not FA deals. This team is not far off especially in this new NFL environment when you can change an entire roster over in 1/2 years.

FA star WR, mid-level Oline help, solid pass rush help and a top notch draft (TE/WR/DE/CBx2/ILB) will go a long way.

But nothing will improve this team more than the experience RT is getting right now though.

Back
Top Bottom