Bush wants to stay | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bush wants to stay

The hype Miller gets on this forum just because he went to college in Miami is unreal. Bar about two plays he has been about as useful as Egnew so far.

And like most grads from Miami, he’s apparently not that bright. :tongue:

I don't mind him staying, but he should be used as part of a committee. Bush is very versatile player, so he can be used in many different sets. Sign him to a 2-3 year contract.

Someone should probably inform Sherman of this little fact.

Get some ZBS guards and Reggie can look like Arian Foster.

I think that Ireland and Philbin need to priorize the team needs and also the current players who become free agents at the end of the season. I like Reggie but he becomes more of a "nice to have" rather than an essential player that we cannot afford to lose. I understand he is currently on $5M per year. If he agrees to around the same amount for say 2 years, and we can afford it (ie not deplete what we need to spend to get a couple of good WRs), then I'd get him back.

Problem with Reggie is he dances so much in the backfield. Sometimes you just need to pick a hole and go. He has been dancing more and more as the season has gone on IMO. I like him as a player and if truth be told, I am not sure Miami fully utilizes his strengths. They need to get him the ball in space.

I hear ya on the dancing and running sideways. Frustrating, but at the same time, those same traits have given us big plays and touchdowns.

why not give him a 1 or 2 year deal ,i dont want him to leave because he would prob go to the freeking pats or jets

In the long run this has more to do with the money Reggie wants.

If he takes a decent contract for 2-3 years then he will remain with the team and work with RB committe. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Reggie, Miller and Thomas split carries depending on the game plan and situational play. Reggie is our best receiving RB out of the backfield and can also be utilized as a WR which adds to his value. Not to mention at this point and time is basically our biggest "homerun" threat on the field.

Regardless of the dancing which even frustrates me, when Reggie has one of those "days" he is near unstoppable.

Perfectly put, I just hope we can sign him for 2-3 years to a reasonable amount, if he (and Jake too, same situation) want to stay here, they need to realize how their play has been what they deserve

I would love to keep him for the right price, Thomas is looking better each week.

I completely agree with what registered said. The problem is Miller. He will be ready to go next year once he gets a full offseason in with weight training. Miller always gets good yards when he is in. They are shelving him with next year in mind.

Reggie could be odd man out. I think it will depend on him accepting a lesser role and maybe returning punts again or having a diverse role as a 3rd down back.

Bush wants to stay and win super bowl with dolphins

I would love to be back here,” Bush told FOX Sports Florida after Sunday’s win. “I don’t want to keep bouncing around from city to city. I would love to be here.”
Bush said he wants to stay in Miami in part because he believes this team — which is currently 5-6 and a long shot to make the playoffs — is close to building a title contender.
“I really enjoy building something special,” Bush said. “I want to bring a Super Bowl to Miami and kind of restore some of that greatness about the Miami Dolphins. So I look forward to it. It’s like a project almost. You kind of want to build something from scratch. That’s the same thing we did in New Orleans; we built that team from scratch. I look forward to doing the same thing.”

pft.com

From his mouth to Stephen Ross' checkbook...

Michael

It's refreshing (and reinforcing) to hear someone who'll definitely have options being this bullish and excited about the franchise's future.

Back
Top Bottom