Bushrod Signs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bushrod Signs

TBH it doesnt matter who we get, someone is gonna have a friend who has a friend who is a fan of the guy who we just got old team that says he's no good. I dont think we have every all agreed on any one player.

Somebody should let Bushrod know that if he does not pass his physical for the shoulder injury that the Dolphins will give him more guaranteed money. I'm sure Maxwell will drop him a hint.

If the schemes legit even if hes not the best we should be able to work with it...i dont know the money but im cool with it as the 3rd tackle...if gase is as advertised we can hide some oline dificiencies at tackle if they are there by scheme...but you have a better chance of being able to do that if you arent behind the sticks

Given the fact that we are loading up on defense, do you think we could possibly grab stanley from ND and plug him in at RT (he played I believe around 14 games his career at RT) and then move him to LT when Albert gets injured halfway through the season? I think if he is there at 13 and apple is off the board along with Hargreaves (sp), wouldn't this be a logical pick? The stuff we are doing in free agency almost makes it seem that lineman are going to be the main focus early in the draft unless something drastic falls in our lap....

I am not down completely on the Bushrod signing. Just I wouldn't expect much other than a very average player overall with his injury history and his age creeping up. It really screams typical dolphins free agency line signing.

The truth is that any player we put on the o-line is going to suck..its the Miami Dolphins culture, just like kicking field goals, finishing around 500, and beating good teams when we should be losing to them. So here comes another year of drafting someone who gets trucked on 95% of the plays, and then next draft we do it allover again.

Given the fact that we are loading up on defense, do you think we could possibly grab stanley from ND and plug him in at RT (he played I believe around 14 games his career at RT) and then move him to LT when Albert gets injured halfway through the season? I think if he is there at 13 and apple is off the board along with Hargreaves (sp), wouldn't this be a logical pick? The stuff we are doing in free agency almost makes it seem that lineman are going to be the main focus early in the draft unless something drastic falls in our lap....

I am not down completely on the Bushrod signing. Just I wouldn't expect much other than a very average player overall with his injury history and his age creeping up. It really screams typical dolphins free agency line signing.

If hes there at 13 odds are good hes the bpa...in an o that lives in 11 personnel this kind of athlete with upside still is what you look for at left tackle...but after signing bushrod id be plum shocked if miami went that route...just cause you only activate 2 oline as depth and miamis not gonna activate 4 tackles...something happens to albert or james bushrod is stepping in...dont overthink this our scheme with gase can make a serviceable 3rd tackle get it done...we just have to make sure we dont live in 3rd and 8 plus

b/t i dont see any reason that stanley should make it to 13...tackle game wise hes ideal left more positional and angles blocker in the run game good foot and length and lateral quickness athlete

Bears tackle Jermon Bushrod battling for career on several fronts

Jermon Bushrod sat at his stall in the Bears' locker room Thursday and assessed the battle taking place inside him, a sobering struggle with the highest of stakes. On multiple fronts, the 31-year-old left tackle now is fighting for his career.

There are clashes in his lower back and in his legs and right shoulder. And now, with his ninth NFL season set to take a significant turn Sunday, the fiercest of all the conflicts is in his head.

Although Bushrod is healthy enough to play against the Vikings after a three-game absence, he has been passed on the depth chart, at least temporarily, by second-year pro Charles Leno.

For the two-time Pro Bowler who helped stabilize the Bears' offensive line when he arrived in 2013, the development has triggered thoughts about the end of his career while tapping into his competitive drive, his love of the sport and his professionalism as a teammate.

And as Bushrod continues to recover from the right shoulder injury he suffered Sept. 27 and the back problems that have plagued him since the spring, he also must conquer his negative emotions and any sense the team could leave him behind.

The discomfort surfaced early in the offseason, as coach John Fox began to implement his program. Every player wants to make a good first impression on a new coach, so the numbness and tingling in Bushrod's lower back were particularly irksome.

Then it became pain. Muscles wouldn't function properly. Numbness spread to his leg.

"That was really frustrating," Bushrod said, "because I felt like I could do things but my body couldn't."

Rest and therapy helped only so much. The preseason arrived, and his athleticism still was hindered. He admitted as much after some missed blocks in exhibition games against the Colts and Bengals.

And that's just one of his battles.

There isn't any guaranteed money left next season on the five-year, $35.97 million contract to which the Bears signed him. The $6.4 million he's scheduled to earn next year eventually could be a roadblock.

"I've had the end-of-career thoughts," Bushrod said.

Full Article: Chicago Tribune

Don't fret Jermon, I'm sure you'll find some desperate upside down franchise to pay you.

so if CJ comes here... we have atleast 2 superbowl vets on the team. We definately need some leadership..

I just read hes signing to start at guard per barry jackson...wtf man you can back this clown show if you want me im jumping off this train wreck

I ****ing cannot stand Dallas Thomas

I hear you, keep hoping he'll get cut but then Miami keeps him around thinking he'll reach his potential. You can't polish a turd, it is what it is. Time to cut bait and move on.

We might as well as signed Jake Long, Bushrod is basically done for

What is the Dolphins fascination with signing injured players? I just don't get it.

I personally think you can save his body more as a tackle than you can as a guard...provided injury wise you stay out of his feet...which are critical for tackles

Especially if hes the 3rd tackle and gets rested on game day unless you need him

Back
Top Bottom