But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

But you guys wanted Gase fired and Ajayi cut.........

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some people here wanted Ajayi cut in pre-season cause he had a fumble. More wanted him cut cause he was mad they didn't named him the starter. Maybe he had a legit reason for being upset? Move forward and we had people telling us Gase is in over his head and needs to be let go. We all get upset when the team plays bad, myself included but to want Gase gone after 4 games? And Ajayi needed to be cut? For what? To see Foster out there? I think we all need to chill and watch a whole game before calling for people to be gone or watch and see what happens after the season is over. No I don't believe we're great yet. We still have holes on this team but stop giving up on players/coaches so fast. Sometimes the best moves are the moves you don't make.

Ozzy rules!!

Really? I've never read anyone on here wanting Jay cut. Gase will need time to develop a culture. We've been missing that for some time.

I vouched heavily to dump Miller and roll with Ajayi, but he was disappointing as hell in the preseason and he was fumbling the ball like fumbling was in style. Then you hear he has attitude when coaches don't name him the starter after his issues . . . So I can understand people being hasty towards him.

But lets make one thing clear, what he has shown these last two weeks is exactly why jettisoning Miller for Ajayi was welllll worth it. He pounds runners and breaks tackles that Lamar coud only dream of doing. He is a smash mouth runner at less than 1/10th of the salary you would of given Miller.

As for the Gase fired people, I don't take those people seriously. Philbin got 4 years, I will be damn if the words "Fire Gase" come out my mouth after 5 games. What a joke.

Week one there were a ton of cut ajayi posts. This is why you shouldn't pay much attention to some of that crap. People are calling for Maxwell's head now and if he started looking good on a week to week basis everyone would forget all the negative talk was ever uttered.

I don't know how to search for older posts but plenty of post zaying "Ajayi needs to be cut" earlier this year. I'm not making it up

Ozzy rules

I vouched heavily to dump Miller and roll with Ajayi, but he was disappointing as hell in the preseason and he was fumbling the ball like fumbling was in style.

He fumbled once in preseason. He's fumbled once in regular season.

Listen, I've been very vocal about my lack of belief in Gase and that I think he's in over his head. That said, I never trashed Ajai just because he fumbled in the preseason or whatever. Yes he had to remove his head from his rectum but I never called for him being cut. Gase I've called for his head because when you go 4 games in the NFL and tally a total of like 9 first downs you are out of your depth. I was convinced this coach was going to be a stubborn jackass making us try to be a pass happy team. But alas, he's impressed me the last two weeks in that he's gone all smash-mouth and what do you know? We beat two very physical, possibly playoff teams. That is progress and shows an ability to adapt to his team's talents. A big positive. Now let's see if he can clean up the personal fouls, the Jarvis Landry acting like an asshole every week w taunting, the defense giving a fresh set of downs w awesomely timed personal fouls, hands to the face and roughings. Don Shula always had the least or close to the least penalized teams every year. So does BB. There is a correlation between winning and not acting like a bunch of selfish ********s w these idiotic penalties. Had we lost today I would still be calling for Gase's head. He needs to get control of these heathens.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I don't know how to search for older posts but plenty of post zaying "Ajayi needs to be cut" earlier this year. I'm not making it up

Ozzy rules
you are correct. There was a lot of noise about cutting him or that he offered nothing.

He also fumbled early in that NE game and that got under people's skin as well.

He also clearly got into the coaches' doghouse. Glad he worked his way out of it, just as Gase acknowledged last week. A lot of players fail to take accountability, but he didn't. Stepped up to the plate. Great to see!

One more thing, Mike Pouncey is pretty ****ing good. Can we put to bed that any other center who comes in can easily replace him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The important thing here....is that someone lit a fire under Ajayi and it worked. That man is running like a man possessed. I like it.....

The important thing here....is that someone lit a fire under Ajayi and it worked. That man is running like a man possessed. I like it.....

I honestly can't believe how good he is. The jump cuts, broken tackles and acceleration are outstanding.

Or maybe he was right from the beginning and just need the team to give him the ball for more than six or seven carries here and there.

I never said Ajayi should be cut but I never believed in him. Didn't think he was very good. He's running better than I ever saw in college...way better. He's certainly making me believe...still has some things to work on like pass blocking and route running/receiving but those are the same things Miller had to work on when he came out of college.

As for Gase I was indifferent but anyone that says they always believed in Gase is full of crap. This team looked like Cam Cameron was coaching it the first 5 weeks of the season. They didn't look like they belonged in the NFL at all. Anyone who denies that is either a huge homer or not watching the games. Last week against the Steelers was the first time they looked like a competent team all year. Now they've done it two weeks in a row. They were unwatchable...now they're entertaining. They haven't turned the corner yet. Need to get above .500 but I like the progress...and I totally supported Gase when he sat players and cut scrubs that had no business playing in the NFL.

One more thing, Mike Pouncey is pretty ****ing good. Can we put to bed that any other center who comes in can easily replace him?

I know people here like to **** on him for the "FREE HERNANDEZ" Hats, and rightly so. But the guy is a ProBowl Center for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom